Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #1  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Back In Kindergarten #21

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Last 4 posts:

From Susan:

It is a Winter Wonderland here! Very beautiful watching the snow fall. I made it to work, can't beleive that! I have never driven on snaow before.
Just wanted to take a minute to say hello and share (finally!) some weight loss news. I am down 3 pounds! Yeah!
Take Gaby for her pre op appointment today, poor baby. Chat later!! On the run!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Cristina:

Hello ladies!

SUSAN...will be thinking of you and Miss Gaby. Give her lots of hugs from me! You made me think of the first time I drove in snow. I was 16 and a waitress and had to be up early. I was trying to be quiet because I knew my mother would want to drive me to work because of the snow. Anyway, I left early and was creeping along the street driving like a little old lady (shouldn't say that because I've seen some crazy old lady drivers, lol). This person passed me going way to fast and I though what a dip. When I finally got to work the dip was one of the cooks and he looked at me and laughed. He said, you're the one who was driving so slow like an old lady. Hey, I had never driven in the stuff before and I was being careful, lol. WTG on your loss this week! WOOHOO

JULES...hope all is well with you. Did you go for your massage?

MICHELLE...how is our little Miss Oreo doing? She is sooooo cute!

KATY...hope you are staying warm.

SASSY...I saw that you guys (well the state) was getting some cold and snow, hope you are staying warm too.

SUSAN-NYC...how are you doing?

KATHY...is hubby going on the trip? Hope he gets to go.

Nothing much going on here today. I was up bright and early and already got in a 3 mile walk and feeling good about that. Almost got all my water down as well. And...my laundry is almost done. So really nothing to do today. Going to dust and vacuum once I get off this thing but the rest of the day will be a sort of lazy day.

Hope all is well with you all in your little corner of the world! Lot's of hugs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Scuzin:

Hi!

WTG on those 3 pounds Susan! Still wishing I had a scale...

Had just about the best jog of my life yesterday...and the 2nd best the day before. Makes me sad that I can't go today...tomorrow though...tomorrow...

Life is a bit chaotic at the moment...everything is shifting around at work. My roommate may end up working at the same school (actually I really hope she does so that she can stay in the city...keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she means a lot) and we have a big retreat comming up next week that we have to prepare for, and well, life in a small apartment with 4 other people is, you guessed it, complicated.

Have a good evening, I'll check in tomorrow

From Michelle:

SUSAN...I hope everything goes well with Gaby's pre-opt appointment. Yes, we are certainly in a winter wonderland!! The just announced a few minutes ago on the news that chains are now required in the whole Portland Metro area, so be careful driving today!!!

CRISTINA...Your story is cute. Oreo has so much energy and she is so feisty!! My DD has to put her in her cage for little periods of time just to get a break from her chasing the cats and latching on to her pants, socks and anything she can get her little razor sharp teeth into lol!!

Last edited by Michelle; 01-16-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #2  

Hi!

WTG on those 3 pounds Susan! Still wishing I had a scale...

How do you all do with water? I know I need much more of it. I get really dehydrated sometimes, but can never manage with a water bottle...I always forget to bring it with me or leave it whereever I go.

Had just about the best jog of my life yesterday...and the 2nd best the day before. Makes me sad that I can't go today...tomorrow though...tomorrow...

Life is a bit chaotic at the moment...everything is shifting around at work. My roommate may end up working at the same school (actually I really hope she does so that she can stay in the city...keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she means a lot) and we have a big retreat comming up next week that we have to prepare for, and well, life in a small apartment with 4 other people is, you guessed it, complicated.

Have a good evening, I'll check in tomorrow
Old 01-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SASSY...You are such a sweetheart!! Thank so much for the cute card with all the hugs! I will pass some of the hugs on to my DD and Oreo. You are just so thoughtful!!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Yes we are finally getting snow! It is light and fluffy! lol.

YW Michelle for the card, I hope you all are doing well!

I'm off to watch some "Girlie" movies as my DH calls them!

Take care and KEEP WARM! (those who need too!)

Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SusanNYC...keeping you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you had a good jog. And...me and water, ugh! I really do hate water but I do drink it. I aim for 64 oz a day and anything over is a bonus. Been doing good so far with it and getting more than the 64 but not much more. I am going to try and double it today, we'll see.

Sassy...yes, thank you for the card. You made me feel special and that was so sweet of you. Enjoy that snow and keep it your way, lol!

Michelle...how's little Oreo doing today? And how about yourself? Are you having a good day?

Hi to everyone else

Good day today as far as water and exercise. Was up bright and early and had my water down at noon. Started the day with a 30 mn. walk and then went to It Figures later so a whole hour of working out and I feel GREAT!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Lot's of hugs
Old 01-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #6  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Everyone
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to Gaby, and to you to Susan. Hope she feels better soon.

Well my DH got to go on his trip. Everything was found Monday morning like I told them would happen so they got to go. He phoned me on the cell phone from Porto Rico to tell me they got there and it was way to hot. I told him I would be an hour late to pick him up seems as he thinks he is suffering.

Well, I slept in so I must get going or I will be late for work, and my coworkers have already been placing bets on how many days I will be late. (Haven't been so far but I really have a hard time in the morning)

Have a great day. Cristina could you bottle your feeling great and send me some?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #7  

Afternoon!
WHEW! I'm substituting teaching for the 3rd grade today. Its a workout! But hopefully I will be running today too. It was WAY too cold yesterday. Its been hard to hydrate lately too because well...our toilet isn't working...maybe it was fixed today...Lord I hope so. Anyway...short check in ...more tomorrow...must get back to those kiddies
Old 01-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies!

SUSAN...thinking of you and Miss Gaby today. Give her lots of hugs from me.

KATHY...lol, about DH and you being an hour late. I was going to say I hope he has a great trip but I know he will. Hey, if I could bottle this "great" I would and send it to ya. How about some good vibes for ya? : :

SusanNYC...I feel for ya...I remember the kids being in 3rd grade. Hope you get your run in.

Hi MICHELLE, KATY, JULES & SASSY Hoping all is well with you all.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Just dropping by to say HI to everyone. Hoping all is well with you ladies, pretty quiet around here.

Take care and have a good day and weekend!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!!!!

A moment to check in with you all. Thank you very much for your prayers for Gaby. She went in yesterday morning and had her tonsils taken out. The staff gave her a liquid medicine to make her *happy* which was kind of cute to see , she waved me kisses as she was taken to surgery. It went well but she had a very difficult time coming out of it and they had to sedate her again. Today I worry about her taking in enough liquids, she doesn't want to take her medicine, otherwise she is chilling and watching Animal Planet.
Her *father* called yesterday. The man we haven't heard from in 18 months. He wants to see her on Feb 17th, the day after her 5th birthday.
Michael thinks that is BS and I should go by what the court had set up, I tend to agree.

anyway
................. THANK YOU Cristina for the goodies you sent Gaby!!! She loves Barbie, thank you so much.

Ho to everyone!!!! Check in a little bit later.....Gaby is calling.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Hi Everybody!

I hope you all are well!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Michelle-good job on starting the new thread!!

Sassy--thanks for the cute note!! Hope you are doing okay!!

SuzyQ--give Gaby some big hugs!! Anything special she likes?? Care Bears, Dora the Explorer etc....I can't believe that the ex just thinks he can show up anytime he wants--he will probably be in and out as quickly as before--Michael sounds like a smart man and will watch out for the both of you!! Sounds like he likes Gaby which is good since the two of you are a package deal!! How does he get along with the teens??

Cristina--sounds like you are doing good with the IF and the water--good for you.

SusanNYC--you sound busy but happy--it's good that you like what you do, how's the jogging going?

Kathy--I am not a morning person and tend to run late myself which is really not good since I am the supervisor!!! I do usually work late or take stuff home to work on or even go in on my days off so I guess that makes up for it.

Katy--hope you are warm and safe!!

Sorry I have been MIA, between working a lot,the stress of work and the neck pain I just wasn't able to sit and type at night after being on the computer and phone all day. The one hour massage did wonders--she said I was very knotted up and I need to go back again soon but I already feel so much better!! Started WW two Fridays ago, last Friday I lost a whopping 1/2 pound and was a little dissappointed, I started my TOM and was bloated so I was a little worried but I have been doing really good with staying on plan and drinking water, to my suprise I list another 4 pounds--I was so excited!!

Well I gotta go!!

Last edited by jules1216; 01-19-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #13  
~Believe~

Hey all,

YW Jules for the card.

I feel totally BLECH and wish I could just call off work tonight, I mean I "could" but I know I "shouldn't"

Well have a Great Weekend!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Hi ladies...

SUSAN...aaahh, poor Gaby, hope she gets to feeling better soon. And I am glad she liked the barbie. Thought the care bear would be something she could hug before and after surgery too, and cheer her up. I love care bears, lol! I agree with you and Michael...not sure why the ex thinks he can just waltz in whenever he feels the need.

JULES...I am doing pretty good with IF and the water, now, if the weight will just come off! Doing something about that Monday...going to join WW.

Hi to everyone else

Did my 1 mile walk and went to IF...must be crazy because the weather is horrible! But I didn't think the snow would start until this afternoon or evening and I told Charlotte I would be there today so...I went. Then came home and shoveled snow for 1 1/2 hours, ugh! Will have to do it later as well. But easier shoveling an inch now and later than 5 inches at one time. Plus I get a work out.

Anyway, need to go clean house and get some laundry done. Take care ladies and have a good weekend!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Sassy & Jules!!

Rach and I just rammed some tylenol w/ codeine down Gabys throat. She wasn't sipping on anything or wanting food yesterday. I was starting to worry so I said "lets hold her down and give her the meds" ......beats taking her through ER. Now she is eating some ice cream.

Jules - Cristina sent her a cute blue care bear. She loves animals and horses and she is getting into the Barbie. She likes the .......beanie babies animals - dogs and cats and such...and she always buys 2 of the same one so they are twins...lol Congrats on the 4 pounds!!! woo hoo......I bet you looking sexy *wink.......course remember you ain't my type. I think we had this conversation before....I am taken Jules!!! lol

Michael and I went out last night, he is a sweetie. We went for Mexican and a movie, saw The Good Shepard. Angelina Jolie is soooooo beautiful.

anyway - I better go Gaby says she wants a slurpee...

you all have a good weekend!!
Closed Thread