South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tackle It Tuesday Chat - January 16

Good morning, Chickies. Time to rise and shine or dimly glow if you aren't feeling shiny.

I'm nice and warm in here this morning. The woodstove held for the night which makes a huge difference in the kitchen.

Yesterday was sort of a lost day as I did very little although I did finally get the Christmas china packed away! I need staff for stuff like that because I procrastinate. My lane got ploughed out twice by Bruce and I didn't get to shovelling the steps and decks. My motto is "Wait until it stops" and it has so that will be on the list this morning.

Domestic stuff today and off to pet therapy at 5:30 with Hershey. Both dogs are finding it rather cold outside. Poor timing on the haircuts! It's going to be very, very cold tomorrow so I may have to get out the dog coats. It will be -30 F and then there'll be the windchill! Brrrr!

Stay safe and warm and pop in for a and a chat.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:58 AM   #2  

Ding Ding Ding!! Cawfee's a Perkin Tea Kettle's a Whistlin' Diet Soda Tops a Poppin!!! Grab yer caffiene of choice and let's

I'll be back in a bit... Queens Darby and Casey demand my attention!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:02 AM   #3  

Morning Ruth! I am certainly a dim glower this morning as I did not want to get out of bed this morning! Have a great day.

Schatzers Enjoy your coffee- hope that your day is good as well.

Gotta get my coffee and go, go, go.... I know better than to take time to check in in the morning, but it starts my day off in the right direction.

Have a super beachy day gals! I am planned and ready to conquer it!!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Once again, I was sure I posted earlier, but I don't know where it went!!!!

Carley is still asleep, so I've had my breakfast, made my salad for lunch, and am enjoying a second cup of coffee right now. I'll have to wake her soon, though, because she'll need a nebulizer treatment before her breakfast, and we have to leave by 10 to get Maggie and start our rounds of ballet, tap and piano lessons. That should be interesting, getting 2 littles in and out of the car all day. At least Audrey can buckle herself in now. I gave Caitlyn a call to make sure she's up for school. This is the first time she's spent the night alone at her house, but she says she didn't mind it at all. She spent all day yesterday working on a big homework problem and cleaning her room, and said she got a lot accomplished being on her own. I have to remember that she is 16 1/2, and not a baby anymore!
I'm hearing noises upstairs, so I better go for now.
Take care, everyone, and have a great day!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #5  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Yup, it's morning. Not so sure it's a good morning, but it's definitely morning. The girls didn't go to sleep until well after 10:30 last night, and even then they were both in my bed. For the life of me, I couldn't get them to settle down. No clue why. We did nothing different than we do every other night. Made for a very long evening (where nothing was accomplished) and an incredibly short night. Now that I have my coffee and cheesecake...things are looking up.

Ruth - Glad you're warm today. Nothing like waking up to icecicles in your slippers. Stay warm!

Schatzi - You need to teach them that YOU are the Queen and they are mere princesses.

Kiko - Hope you weren't late!! Enjoy your coffee.

cottage - Have a good day with the girls. Sounds like quite an undertaking.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone. Definitely a hard morning to get out of bed. I was working till 3 am (delivered a 10 pound baby who really wasn't seeming like he wanted to be born!)
I'll check in later. got to work.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone. Today is my early day in the office, though I do not actually have to get up any earlier than I would for the gym (except I have skipped that for almost two weeks due to illness ), so it felt early. My assitant already commented on the fact that I am drinking coffee - usually I keep it to the latte I make at home, but it smelled so good.

It is cold here today and snowing - lake effect is predicted which could be fun, thankfully I get to walk to work - no need to brush my car off. But, I finally get to wear some of my warm, winter sweaters - yeah!

Happy Tuesday to all!

Ally
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning all. It's VERY cold outside today. I was a good "wife" & I clean/warmed up the car for my fiance before he left for work. I had loads of cleaning to do...I'm not sure how this apartment gets so messy, it's just the 2 of us. I think we are out- growing this apt!!! And I have work to do as well (I hate working on my day off!!) I think I'm going to browse through the soup recipes before I leave.....I want something warm today!!
Ally - have a great day at the office.
Rebel - sounds like a long night for you, try to get some sleep.
Jetsetter - I have yet to make the cheesecake.....will have to try. Do you make the cake or do you do individual servings (cupcakes?)
Cottage - enjoy your day....sounds like you're a taxi service. Be careful on the roads!!
Kiko - I'm the same way! I should never come on here in the morning because I start reading & the next thing you know, I'm running late!!
Schatzi - Hello darling!! That coffee sounds good, I need to make some (decaf of course!)
Ruth - I still have some Christamas decorations to put away myself. Just some knick knacks & towels. Will do today as I clean like a maniac!!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:41 AM   #9  

Happy Tuesday All!!

I wrote a long post yesterday and user error must have happened because it just vanished into the internet abyss. Oh well!!

Today is a work day for me. I am lucky to work a reduced schedule of 3 days per week. But those work mornings are rough getting 3 kids age 4 and under up and out the door to daycare. And this ice storm has it so brrrrrr cold, it makes getting out of those flannel sheets even harder.

Hope everyone is energized from their caffeine this morning. I have my big ole glass of water by my side. Little frustrated with a 5 day stall at the end of my P1 restart. But I know the stall is temporary and to keep on track for losses!

Enjoy your day!!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #10  

Yippee! I am down 1.4 pounds this morning, so am halfway to my January goal.

Gotta work, I am sneaking on........
Old 01-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #11  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I've been dying for a coffee for a week now, but the only way I like it is with lots of sugar and Coffeemate, so no more coffee for me!!

My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary last night with chicken saute, mashed "potatoes" and green beans, with a glass of Crystal Lite for me and wine for him. Not quite our delicious Thai food that we usually celebrate with, but I suppose it's really all about the company, not the food.

Hope nobody minds that I'm sneaking on, can't wait to get to know you all a little better!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Cottage-you have a little one with asthma? no fun at all-my daughter had it when she was quite small and cant tell you how many times we ended up in ER-she was a scary one.

Jet-what cheesecake recipe are you making? I have been makine them with tofu and now a friend of mine tells me that too much tofu is bad for you-shrinks your brain and messes with hormones-sheesh-thats all I need-something else I thought was healthy that really isnt.

Rebel- I swore after having my son that a 10 pound baby was God's form of birth control (son was 10lb 4oz)

Amasam-careful walking in the snow/ice

Soon2B-have fun with all yor plans-do you have a wedding website? I think those are so cool and fun for everyone looking forward to the big day and heping you plan.

Smilintwins-have fun with your little ones-how far apart is the third from the twns? EEEEk! if that wont keep you busy-yowza.

More snow here-and my son was supposed to be getting off work at either 5 or 6 and it is over 2 hours later and WHERE IS HE??? ok so he might be walking home-and he does wear a big furry hat with the ear flaps and all and he IS 21-so I should relax even if the busses arent running-but then I worry about him slipping-still have tons of ice from last week and it is snowing again.
Worked yesterday for a temp agency-packing orders in a warehouse so was walking all day-that would be good for me if the weather lets up and they open today. This is the worst shape I have been in financailly since like EVER-was doing ok and had a good nest egg before my sisters kids came to live with me that year and a half-but now I think I literally have 2 bucks in savings-and buisness is so down because of how much I was curtailed-it is like I am starting over completely from scratch-and I have a friend that want me to move to Arizona and open up there. Suppose now would be the time to do that-my kids are grown and whatever I do will be a restart........I moved to this town because 22 years ago I got married-it wasnt like I did research and PLANNED to be here-that is where my friend comes in handy-good business sense and has money to help get me started.
coffee is brewing-and so is everything else.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidiculouslyAddicted View Post
Good morning!

I've been dying for a coffee for a week now, but the only way I like it is with lots of sugar and Coffeemate, so no more coffee for me!!

My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary last night with chicken saute, mashed "potatoes" and green beans, with a glass of Crystal Lite for me and wine for him. Not quite our delicious Thai food that we usually celebrate with, but I suppose it's really all about the company, not the food.

Hope nobody minds that I'm sneaking on, can't wait to get to know you all a little better!
Happy Anniversary! how many does that make? Sounds like he is supportive of your healthier eating plan-way to go!
Did you make the cauliflower mashed potatoes? I have done sbd for a long time and still have not gotten around to trying that.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #14  

KIKO!! You are back on TRACK U Work it Girl Btw, your avatar is BeeUtiful!

Barb? Barb... Come in Barb! Wow you've been busy but it sounds like you are enjoying most of it!

Cottage: Caitlyn sounds like she's a great teen with a good head on her shoulders! And Yes We're looking at building a 4 bedroom house (we only will need 2) with a den/office.. so one of extra bedrooms will be my craft room. The other.. prolly another office

Jetsetter: Yes, they are my princesses.. I've Dog Whispered them !

Rebel: Exxxciting night I bet!

Soon: I hear ya, it's only me and DH and we are into "casual living" but I wave a mean swiffer! Just think of how many Virtual Bridesmaids you're going to have I cant wait till we all see the dress!

Smilintwins: You do have your hands full!

Ruth it sounds so "Tom Kincaid" wood stove burning, snow falling , 2 loverly companions! Stay warm and safe!

This home building process is very exciting.. I'm learning more than I ever wanted to about things like Soil types, blueprints, building codes...OY! We went to a design place yesterday and looked at some stock plans..not really impressed and it seems like the plans out on the internet were better.. Thursday we see another designer. We'll look at his plans, and then we have to decide.. Our taste seems to run to French County/farmhouse..with lots of peaks, front porch, use of stone .. ok time to get back to work! Have a great day goils!!! Dinner tonight is an italian meatloaf with a tossed salad!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #15  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWoman View Post
Happy Anniversary! how many does that make? Sounds like he is supportive of your healthier eating plan-way to go!
Did you make the cauliflower mashed potatoes? I have done sbd for a long time and still have not gotten around to trying that.
It's been four years for us! He's been very, very supportive of me, I really couldn't ask for anything better! Yes, I made the cauliflower mashed potatoes. Ick! I don't even really like potatoes that much, so I don't know why I bothered!
Closed Thread