Old 01-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #1  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Default Day 4 of "Held Hostage by Weather"

Hello all!

Been stuck in the house since noon on Friday because of the ice storm. I am getting a wee bit bored. We lost part of our roof when the weight of the ice just got too much for it. It collapsed on Saturday night, thank God it was just the roof overhang but it ripped part of the real roof off. At least we are warm and have electricity. (and insurance)

Enough of that, I have still been able to maintain my plan and have actually lost a pound or two. I have been reading the posts and have been totally encouraged by them. YOU GUYS ROCK ! I really feel like I would have cleaned everything out of the fridg had I not read so many positive and inspirational posts. I know I have only just begun this journey, but I know you will all be there to help when I am weak.

That being said:

I JUST NEED OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good job of sticking with your plan! And its good that you are safe and secure. Hope the weather changes for the better soon!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #3  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Great job on staying focused! It hard to stay on track in situations like that, but it looks like you have a firm handle on it.

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #4  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Good for you hanging in there! We are getting our winter blast tonight, but my son has been home since last Thursday sick! Then the holiday today and now school is cancelled tomorrow! I need out of the house and away from these children!

Makes me want to get Christmas candy out of the freezer and eat it... but I've been good. VERY VERY GOOD!

We can do this together - we should be getting tons of exercise hours being trapped indoors. I know I have been running up and down the stairs and cleaning for the past three days!
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

How scary for you! Glad you're staying warm, and on plan.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

We are in the same boat here, and I have been good with minimal slips. It helps that I cleared out the junk food before hand. Although my 15 year old son keeps opening the pantry hoping I missed something, He is on the treadmill right now out of sheer bordem...

They main thing is not being able to get out and away from the temptations. One thing I was doing in order not to eat was constantly making myself busy, running errands and little stuff just to be away from the food in the house.

"The sun will come out tomorrow...." little Annie says so
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #7  
losinbabyfat

S/C/G: 171/164/130

Height: 5ft 3

Default staying focused

It truley is baby steps. I am struggeling with the right amount of excercise. I have an 19month old. She has been my crutch. I just say lets go bye-bye and go walking or get out side. IT's all really quick. I still avoid housework..I have really tried to refocus my lifestyle. I have tried yoga,(2 days) and riding my bike and doing crutches whenever my bathroom is empty. I am keeping up the momentum. I am afraid of a dry spell before I hit my goal weight.. THis happens to me alot. I thrive on the resluts in my clothes. Not so much lbs or actual sizes. But my clothes feel better. When this stops I struggle. ...Good Luck to ya!!!
losinbabyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #8  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi Future Skinny Teacher!

Hang in there! I'm in the Seattle area, and we've had some awful weather the last couple of months, too. I was never house-bound for 4 days, but we had power outages and wind storms that were downright scary, and now episodes of snow and ice (we don't do ice and snow well, here).

I agree with you, this forum is a God-send.

Stay warm, friend!
Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I'm in that boat with you. I'm in Tulsa and actually took pictures of the ice today, hope you don't mind me attaching a couple. It's amazing to walk across it and it doesn't budge!!!! We have 3" of solid ice everywhere here. But, I have managed to get out and go to the workout place on the apartment property. Cabin fever is getting to be an issue. We're supposed to have an American Idol party tomorrow night .... here's hoping that I can mind my food manners and eat smart! (But at least we can get out of the house!!!!!)

The first picture, I literally had to chisel my way down through the ice with a sharp knife for about 5 minutes to get it down to the ground to stick the tape measure in.... it's like chipping through an ice cube!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winter 1.jpg (45.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg winter 2.jpg (15.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Winter 3.jpg (19.8 KB, 17 views)
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #10  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks for the support everyone! That means alot. Those are beautiful pictures London but I know what havock the beauty plays on getting around. I live in a very small rural community and we are officially out of salt and sand. They only made it to my windy hilly country road once. I am 10 miles from town, sure wish I had a snow mobile.

Nancy- you stay safe, I live in a mobile home so wind terrifies me! I love your hair btw, may have to take your picture to the beauty shop with me if you don't mind.

losin - I have started bouncing it is fun and does not feel like a workout. Got my MP3 player with fast paced music going and time flies by!

okie - My 13 year son has been bouncing alot too, plus he has had no McDonalds for 5 whole days! I think he is having withdrawl symptoms from eating real homecooked food! We are going to have sun tomorrow, if we can just get the temps up, we are out of school tomorrow and probably for the rest of the week since all the gravel roads are unclearable until we get some heat.

You all take care!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #11  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for your kind words, Miss Teacher!

I have curly hair, and every once in a while, it cooperates and actually looks like I did something intentional with it!
Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote