Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 06:54 AM   #1  

I am new to this site and find it very interesting and informative. I would really like to get support from others around my age. I began watching what I ate in early January and started exercizing about 2 weeks ago. To date I have lost about 7.5 lbs but would like to lose a total of about 50lbs. Please help me stay motivated because it seems everyone is into 'losing weight the easy way'--pills, no carbs, etc. I guess I'm old-fashioned, but I want the satisfaction of saying that I lost the weight--not a pill, shake, etc, but ME!!! Is anyone else trying to do it the good old fashioned way of watching your diet and getting more exercise? I've found that increasing fiber helps me (and my cholesterol) out tremendously. Good luck to everyone and I hope to be hearing from you in the future.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:36 AM   #2  
Water Dragon

Ya know, sometimes the "old-fashioned" ways are the best ways. My mother and I both are doing it the "old-fashioned" way. She is much more consistent than I, so of course, she is more successful. But I'm hanging in there.
Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start. Congrats on the loss and keep up the good work!!
Closed Thread