Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Weird or "in tune"

I am a frequent weigher and it works for me (maybe 4-5 mornings a week - depending on when I remember). I've reached the point where I am completely aware of my bodies natural fluctuations.

I fluctuate a lot. At least 4 lbs over the course of a week. (Here is where it gets weird.) And every single morning before I get on the scale I know within a tiny amount what I am going to be. I can feel it on the day my body is hoarding water and feel it on the days it is ready to let go. I wouldnt normally have weighed on Friday but I made sure I did because I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I would be down.

Last week I "officially" weighed on Saturday -New lows are what constitutes official for me. (154.4)
Sunday I knew I would be a bit higher, Monday I knew I would be VERY high with race weight (I was 157.6), Tuesday I didnt weigh but I knew I was coming back down. Wednesday I said...nope, not there yet (155.5) Thursday.. I thought "its going to be really close to last Saturday" ..and I was 154.6. and then all day Thursday I could FEEL it. I just knew that I was about to lose and BAM Friday 153.2 and Sat 152.8

I know this sounds like one week you could guess, but I always know, I am almost never surprised. I knew Friday would be down to 153 something and I knew Saturday would be a teeny bit lower still. I still sometimes hope the scale will read something different, because I can feel the ups too, but I would say I am wrong at most 1 morning out of 30.

And with the exception of weight from races or long runs, I dont have a REASON for thinking I should be lower or higher, its not that I go..."well I ate salt, I will retain" I just know.

Am I a freak?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Wow...that's a level of resonance with your body that very few people achieve. I'd see it as a thing to be proud of, that you can sense your body that well.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, that's pretty spooky! I can usually tell when I'm going to weigh less. I also know when I'm not going to weigh less even though I want to. I'm rarely surprised by loss, but sometimes surprised when I gain.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Ah, you FREAK!!

Hey, I agree with Nikaia. You're really in tune with your body, which I bet will help a lot with maintenance. Wish your intuition worked on other people--I'd love to know what that scale might say when I step on it tomorrow morning!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes, WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:50 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

But in a good, kind of a really intuitive, into your body kind of a way. Quite remarkable at that.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:27 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I am a frequent weigher and it works for me (maybe 4-5 mornings a week - depending on when I remember). I've reached the point where I am completely aware of my bodies natural fluctuations.

I fluctuate a lot. At least 4 lbs over the course of a week. (Here is where it gets weird.) And every single morning before I get on the scale I know within a tiny amount what I am going to be. I can feel it on the day my body is hoarding water and feel it on the days it is ready to let go. I wouldnt normally have weighed on Friday but I made sure I did because I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I would be down.

Last week I "officially" weighed on Saturday -New lows are what constitutes official for me. (154.4)
Sunday I knew I would be a bit higher, Monday I knew I would be VERY high with race weight (I was 157.6), Tuesday I didnt weigh but I knew I was coming back down. Wednesday I said...nope, not there yet (155.5) Thursday.. I thought "its going to be really close to last Saturday" ..and I was 154.6. and then all day Thursday I could FEEL it. I just knew that I was about to lose and BAM Friday 153.2 and Sat 152.8

I know this sounds like one week you could guess, but I always know, I am almost never surprised. I knew Friday would be down to 153 something and I knew Saturday would be a teeny bit lower still. I still sometimes hope the scale will read something different, because I can feel the ups too, but I would say I am wrong at most 1 morning out of 30.

And with the exception of weight from races or long runs, I dont have a REASON for thinking I should be lower or higher, its not that I go..."well I ate salt, I will retain" I just know.

Am I a freak?

Haha! Unless I am a freak too! Wow, I am the exact same way (also with the "official" weigh in always being the new low one lol)!

Just to let you know that you aren't the only one.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote