Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 03:37 PM   #1  

Default Jan 2007 exercise - make this YOUR year!!

Morning everyone and Happy New Year and new YOU!

Make 2007 your year to get healthy and start some positive habits that will keep you happier and healthier for the rest of your life. Exercise being one of them. Even if you never lose a single pound from exercising, we each must strive to do some sort of exercise every day for good health. Isn't that what it is all about anyway?

So what is your exercise plan for the new year? Post it and check in daily for motivation, support and a kick in the butt if you need it.

So whatever exercise floats your boat, Pick something and just do IT!!

Myself, I started back to exercise yesterday after being ill the past week and a half. Boy things sure aren't easy and yes I am still coughing but not as badly as I thought I was. I am going to continue with my 6 day a week exercise plan, cardio 5 days and Bob and the PUSH DVD 3 days. I'd like to add some fun group sort of exercising later on this year.. maybe basketball or volleyballor something with a social conponent.

So let's get crackin' and gettin' to sweatin' !!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Happy New Year!!

A NEW YEAR AND A NEW ME!! I HAVE ALREADY LOST 6.5 LBS SINCE OCTOBER 20TH WITH BETTER EATING AND JUST BEGAN EXERCISING AGAIN IN DECEMBER. KEEPING IT SIMPLE AND EASY SO THERE ARE NO MORE BOO BOOS!!
PEDALING FOR 30 MINS 4 DAYS @ WEEK
GENTLE STRETCHING/BREATHING/MEDITATION
2 DAYS @ WEEK.
I'LL SEE HOW THIS GOES BEFORE I ADD ANY MORE

THANKS FOR THE GENTLE PROD LINDA!!
HAPPY NEWY YEAR! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON
Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #3  
Happy September

WELL TODAY IS WEDNESDAY SO IT'S MY CHOICE. I CHOOSE TO DO SOME STRETCHING TODAY.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY
Old 01-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #4  

You know , one of these days Miss Mel I really need to work on my stretching. It is just embarassing how limber I am NOT. At the end of my aerobics videos, there usually is a stretching section and the instructor oohs and ahhs about how good it feels. HA. Stretching usually just downright hurts me. So more power to ya!!

This morning was 40 minutes of strength/resistance training with Bob and my PUSH DVD and then 20 minutes of cardio. I hope to be back to my usual 30 minutes on Bob days by next week, but right now just starting back while still coughing is tough. I'll get there though. Dangnabit!!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #5  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Happy New Year, Mel & Linda!!!

I'm so out of shape right now that even I am fed up with myself, and it stops now. I'm starting back at this NOW, and did my 1 mile WATP yesterday. It kicked my tush, and 8 minutes in I thought my heart was going to explode. But, there's no better drill sergeant in town than LindaT, so I am signing myself up for the Prod Your Way to Better Health program, and standing front and center. Starting with the 20 minutes of WATP to get my cardio capabilities back, and will be doing upper body weights and resistance bands for strength training & toning.

I did my mile last night, and will do the same tonight, posting when it's done.

I might live to regret this, but at least I won't be out of breath when I'm running from Linda.

((((( missed you both, you know that? )))))
Old 01-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/220/129

Height: 5'5"

I'm walking briskly for a mile each day through the first wave. When I finish the first wave, I'll start a regular cardio and weight program.

My husband is working up my cardio and weight program now, which includes salsa dancing, yoga, running, and weights (He's trying to create a program that I will like and stick with.)

I hope, by the end of the year, to be able to run a 5K.

Last edited by PattyW; 01-03-2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #7  
"workin' on my fitness"

1 mile WATP completed
Bonus- 1 hour, 15 minutes of aerobic grocery shopping.

Have a good night, ladies.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #8  

Jennifer and Patty. Now you've done it. You've gotten my attention and now I am going to be watching you like a hawk. Good for you for starting out. When I first started out, I did 15 minutes at a time and thought I was going to die on the spot. But I didn't. The main thing is to keep challenging yourself, but not killing yourself. If you keep at this, you willbe looking back in 3 months and be just amazed at how much fitter you are.

I got in 50 minutes of step aerobics. Not the hour I wanted, but I am working back up to that. Still congested, but that is improving.

Next?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #9  
Happy September

LINDA....30 MINUTES ON BOB AND I WOULD END UP IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM!!! ROFLMAO
NO FAIR COUNTING THE MINUTES SPENT ON TOP OF BOB EITHER!! WHO THE **** IS BOB ANYWAY
NICE EXERCISING THOUGH!! lol

HELLO DD2!!!! JENNIFER SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AND EVEN BETTER THAT YOU EXERCISED. ABOUT TIME YOU START TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! GOOD FOR YOU
MISSED YOU LOTS TOO!!! WHERE IS THE TURTLE????

PATTY~ HELLO TO YOU ALSO!! NICE TO SEE SOME FACES HERE THIS MORNING!!
HOPE TOO THAT YOU ENJOY THE PROGRAM THE DH IS GETTING READY!! GOOD FOR HIM! AND YOU!

I AM OFF TO PEDAL FOR 30 MINS THEN SHOWER AND GO TO JEN'S. SHE IS NOT FEELING WELL. TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING SO THAT IS MY CARDIO!! LOL
TAKE CARE EVERYONE AND STAY WELL.
HAPPY THURSDAY!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #10  

Jennifer and Patty.. front and center! You are among the missing and you know what happens when you are missing? Well Jen might know.. you get the cattle prod in the butt. That smilie is the closest I can come to this

Mel - Silly woman. Bob and the PUSH DVD is Bob Harper, the trainer from the Biggest Loser. You get a customized DVD every month with Bob as a trainer as well as a cardio workout He is nice to look at but most mornings I ended up telling him I hate him. I am on month 3 right now. Good pedaling yesterday!

Today is my one no exercise day of the week and my tired, sick body is very happy. Tomorrow is 40 minutes with Bob and Sunday will be an hour and 15 minutes of step aerobics. Well I hope it's an hour and 15 minuets. I'll see how long congested Linda lasts.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #11  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Ahhhemm

Did someone call The Turtle? ~Poking my head out of my shell~ What's going on in here? What is this place? Ack! LindaT has a turtle prod! Gulp. I started "trying" again on Tuesday, Janurary 2nd after gaining a HUGE chunk of weight while coping through some "stressful" issues. Though I'm having some difficulties with my M.S.right now (no, not an excuse) I'm working through it and I've been COMPLETELY OP for one day and exercised for two. Not great, but a start just the same. Melody and Jennifer asked me to come here. I'm not sure if I'm up to it, but I'm willing to try. I'll try to keep my whining to a minumum (in fact, I'll try to save ALL my whining for my blog) and just check you all out and draw my motivation and encouragement from what you all accomplish. Thanks for the invite. It's nice in here. Uhm smells a little funny though... kind of uhmm sweaty.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #12  

Howdy Ho Miss Turtlebutt!!

You betcha I have a turtle prod. I am an equal opportunity prodder, dontcha know?

I am so behind things I had no idea you had been diagnosed with MS. When did this happen? I am sorry to hear that but I do remember you had been having problems for sometime. I guess it can be good to have some kind of answer, even if it isn't one you want to hear.

Yes please do hang out with us. What sort of go ahead has your doctor given you as far as exercise so I'll have any idea just when I need to give you a good poke!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #13  
"workin' on my fitness"

Afternoon, chickies! Yesterday was another marathon grocery shopping run- this time I was smart and wore sneakers instead of heels from work. And did my 1 mile WATP at 9pm, but I did it!

Today- 1 mile WATP when I walk in the door, and resistance bands while watching TV later.

Mel- Ask and you shall receive. I must have magical powers or something. and LOL at 30 minutes ON TOP of Bob....I'm laughing & shaking my head, cuz I know who he is, and, well, the mental picture.... hee hee!

Linda- I made it to the 12 minute mark before the urge to collapse started to set in. That's 4 minutes longer than the first time I did it this week. I'll get there, eventually. Hope the congestion is clearing.

Patty- looks like a wide variety there, with less chance of getting bored.

LOL @ that turtle... I'm so glad you came, too. 2 days down...and let's keep it going, girlie!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #14  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Answers

LindaT. Diagnosed in June of 06 after waking up numb from the hips down. After researching it, I believe I may have had it for quite a while, maybe as long ago as 1992. No limitations set as far as physical exercise. Although the only limitation I've noticed is that while numb, going down steps can present a problem. I can't feel the edge of the step and get off balance and/or scared to proceed. They've presented me with a key to use the elevator in such an event (at work).

I've set up a real gym in my new home. Honest! I have pictures! I've been using the dreadmill and the recumbent bike. Might try the Urban Rebounder to some of the new music Jennifer has sent me.

And Jennifer said it didn't smell funny in here until I showed up with my "unwershed butt." Well, to her, because I've washed and I'm heading out the door to work.

TTFN Chickies. Thanks for welcoming me here. Gotta scoot
Old 01-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #15  
Happy September

MISS JAVA YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!! I NEVER THOUGHT JEN AND I COULD GET YOU HERE. I FIGURED YOU WOULD JUST DELETED MY E-MAIL!!! EVEN IF YOU DO ONE SMALL THING JUST TO GET STARTED!! LOVE THAT YOU'RE HERE!!!

LINDA~ HOPING YOU WILL GET RID OF THAT DANG CONGESTION SOON! GET WELL AND KEEP THE PROD HANDY....THIS IS SOME RUM BUNCH YOU'RE GETTING!!! I KNEW WHO BOB REALLY WAS FROM THE 3FC ADVERTS!! JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU HAD THE RIGHT ONE! DIDN'T WANT YOU JUMPING SOME STRANGE BOB'S BONES

JEN~ GET GOING ON MOVOING IT OR I'LL BORROW THE PROD FROM LINDA AND I THINK I MIGHT EVEN BE MEANER!!!

HELLO PATTY!!!!

GOT A LATE START AND JUST CAME BACK FROM THE OFFICE. A BIT OF A MESS THERE. ANYWAY EVEN THOUGH IT IS A "MY CHOICE" DAY, I AM GOING TO DO 30 MINS OF PEDALS CAUSE I NEED TO GET RID OF THE STRESS!!!!
IT SEEMS TO REALLY WORK. BY THE TIME I AM DONE...THE ANGER IS GONE!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Closed Thread