Old 01-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Exclamation shocker!!! when did it happen to you?

so this morning i stepped on the scale after about 3 weeks. i just shocked myself . i weigh 188 ,this is the most i have EVER weighed. im freaking out! what did you guys do when you hit that weight that was just a slap in the face of reality?
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #2  
Living the Laguna life...

for me it was when i was at a party with a bunch of my friends the summer after my freshman year of college...we were all drinking and hanging out in the backyard, and a guy friend of mine had his arm around me. another friend said pointed this out and joking asked if we were going out. my friend (the one with his arm around me) laughed and said no - but he did like his girls fat. i'm sure he was not totally serious and had definitely had a lot to drink, but it was for sure my wakeup call!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9

I knew I had to lose weight for quite a long time. My husband (then boyfriend) always told me that he thought I was beautiful as I was, but did admit he was concerned for my future health. He always made it a point to tell me that I didn't need to lose weight for him.
I knew that I was unhappy with the way that I looked. I was embarrassed going out with friends because I was always out of breath, I was always sweating and my ankles were constantly giving out on me. I realized that I wore the biggest size in the plus size department. I kept making excuses like, "Maybe I was meant to be heavy" and "I like myself the way that I am", etc. etc.
Then, one day my husband and I went to Boscov's (a department store) to look around. I decided to hop on the scale, just to see what I weighed. The scale said 286.5 pounds. I knew that was how much I weighed. I weighed 286 pounds for a long time. But, for one reason or another, it hit me right there in the department store. I was less than 20 pounds away from 300 pounds. I made the decision at that moment that it was time for me to lose some weight.
I never dreamed I would lose over 100 pounds! I figured, 40 at the most. Then I decided, after losing 10 pounds, that I could definately lose 10 pounds 10 times!! 9 months later, I reached my goal weight of 170 pounds. A month after that I hit 160.
The journey was hard, but definately worth it!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #4  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Free - Hon, I am sorry. I know how you feel, everyone on here knows. All you have to do is get back on the bike and keep petal'in your way towards your goal! You CAN do it!!! If ya need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.

Cemetary - Wow, that's amazing! Such an inspiration!!!
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

For me,I was just tired of being heavy. I didn't know it then, but i think i went through some depression between having my two boys. I was sick quite a bit during that time and was on a TON of different medications for different health issues, i have since gone off of the meds. Looking back, I really feel i was going through some depression..i was a SAHM at the time.

Anyway, present day wake up call. I've struggled with weight my entire life.. all of the women in my family are overweight..seriously! Mom, grandma, aunts, cousins, etc.. I didn't want to be that way. I wasn't happy with myself. I started a new career a year and a half ago. Before I started my new job, my blood pressure issues came back.. omg it was BAD! I needed to lose weight or i'd be on meds my entire life! I am wayyyyy too young to be on meds.. Since the age of 19, i've had to be off & on meds for my blood pressure. I make the committment and have stuck with it...this time! After years and MANY attempts, this is the time to do it!

I am sooo much happier, I am not as winded as easily, I can wear nice clothes that fit properly.. Overall, I feel great!! I am almost off of my meds also.. I have cut wayyyyy back.. Almost there! That's another one of my goals..to get off of meds!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #6  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

A few weeks ago.. when not even my fat pants would fit.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #7  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

I started last September, when I weighed myself after flat-out admitting to myself that I wasn't going to worry about it over the summer, and realized that I was two pounds shy of 200 lbs. That was my ****-no number. I had always promised myself I'd never break 200 lbs. I saw the scale reading 198, and freaked.

I immediately just started cutting calories (where I could) and trying to walk more. I bought some DVDs - WATP is my friend - and got to work.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9

Oh yeah, that was another thing. I was ALWAYS sick and always exhausted. I used to fall asleep at work. I would fall asleep at like 8pm, with NO phsycial activity. I could sleep until 3pm on the weekend. I always had a sinus infection, cold, bronchitis, etc. etc.
Since I've lost the weight, I've only had one sinus infection. No colds, no bronchitis, no nothing.
AND I have energy!! I can stay up past midnight, if need be, and get up to go to work at 6:30am!
I love it!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #9  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetarysiren25 View Post
I kept making excuses like, "Maybe I was meant to be heavy"
I never dreamed I would lose over 100 pounds! I figured, 40 at the most. Then I decided, after losing 10 pounds, that I could definately lose 10 pounds 10 times!!
The journey was hard, but definately worth it!!
Yepper. I just couldn't face my weight. I thought that there was nothing I could do, no diets worked/would work ever, ect. ect. I thought that I was just always destined to be the fat girl and tried to accept regularly shopping at Lane Bryant but being oh so ashamed of myself.

When I first losing weight I told myself that I would be happy with ANY weight loss at all. I originally aimed for a 140lb goal weight, just figuring that that was a pie in the sky dream.

I found that once I lost 10lbs, I could lose 20 and then I could lose 30. But I would never have dreamt that I could lose 123lbs.

You have to give it time, but have faith in yourself and the courage and strength to persevere and you will succeed. I have no doubt. If I can do it, anyone can.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/186/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

My high weight was 216. I remember starting to get heartburn caused by being overweight. I started getting breathless just walking. I had severe insomnia and it was putting my job in jeopardy. I was extremely depressed and drinking all of the time. I had to buy a pair of size 18 jeans. I couldn't shop in my favorite stores any more. It sucked.

So I finally made a lifestyle change instead of doing a fad diet. And it worked!
thintowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Getting weighed at the doctor's a year or so ago. I knew I had gained, but didn't realize how much.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

Sorry if this is TMI but when my hubby and I were first in our first place and we had mirrored doors on our closets and I looked over during an intimate moment and saw my mom's *** in the reflection!?!?! It was upsetting. A lot. I have my mom's ***... when did that happen? *LOL*
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #13  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

The last time I weighed myself, it said 220. I didn't think that was such a HUGE deal. Everyone has always said I carry my weight well, and you can't even tell that I weigh that much. Well, I was clearly disillusioned. I have thought for the last 4 years that I was 220. I don't really look at clothing sizes, I just grab whatever looks right, and return the ones I'm wrong about.

Well. I decided to join a gym so that I could start to get in to some better shape, I was weighed, and I found out I was 279. That killed. I cried. It really sucked.

So here I am. It's hard, but at least it's better than being completely disillusioned about what I'm about.

Thanks to all of the ladies that have shared their stories. I have 100+ pounds to lose, and it really motivates me to see that there are others who have broken the 100+ pound marker!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

geez im horrible i sat here and read all these posts and then went and made myself a baked potato with a million pounds of cheese. im hopeless.
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:34 AM   #15  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

When I started shopping for relaxed/loose 33" waist jeans... for someone who, even when not in shape, has always been a 30" or 32". It was early warning/wake-up call. Now, I'm aspiring to fit in some regular/slim 28"
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote