Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Weight Loss & Chit Chat #228

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristina - aww, I hope you aren't getting a migraine! Maybe by the time you read this, it'll be gone. Thank you so much for noticing the weight loss. This is very hard for me to do, because my heart isn't in it as much as it should be, and I'm doing it for my health.

Marti - my foot doctor's apt. is for next week. Good luck with the photo shoot.

Sassy - I think we Jaded Ladies could've made a much better movie, don't you? We don't have any teens here, but still!

Michelle - good to see you again. I noticed while scanning the bios that you'd changed your name and avatar again. Hey, tell me the scoop on the puppy in your signature, ok?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

My day has been fairly routine - same ol', same ol', including some cleaning. I got a few more recipes done, but still have a boat-load to go! Hope your day has been more exciting, lol.

Toodles!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

HI to ALL!!

Jane- 2 lbs is awesome!! Congratulations!!! I love that you guys are all so consistent and committed!! Thanks for sharing your tips on a vitamin..no I don't take one..any suggestions??

Marti- Hello...Are you guys house hunting??

Christina. I hope your head gets better quickly!! Thanks for your feedback on when to weigh. I will try and stick to weighing daily...it is hard when they are right in front of me:-)

Sue- I guess you either have the walking thing or not..I will have to my niche that gets me moving more, but I am not sure what it will be yet...LOL

Jules- How are you?

Kathy - Hope your school week is going well!! My DS always hard time getting back in his groove.

Sassy-So sorry to hear about your back!!! :-(

And Hello Michelle..I hope to get to know you!! Love the puppy!

DS is wanting me to go play video games..he got the Wii for Christmas..that does require some movement..will that work??

I'll check in tomorrow!! Hope I didn't forget anyone...
Old 01-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #4  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good evening Ladies!

I've been lurking for a few days looking for a site and ya'll sound warm and wonderful. I've just filled out my bio! I'm so tired of the yo-yo dieting and although I only need to lose about 20 lbs, ok maybe 25 (I've lost and found them at least a dozen times) I still support those in need of losing any amount of weight. Besides, after getting a tummy tuck last year, I feel so dissapointed in myself for packing on lbs again.

I'm a happily married pediatric nurse who is almost an empty nester that has finally decided to make 2007 a year to get healthier, dust off the elliptical in the basement and meet some new friends! I look forward to meeting everyone! Warm hugs, Tammy
Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone

Wrote a nice long post, then I lost it, so now I will just say hi, and will try again tomorrow.

Welcome Tammy and I look foreward to getting to know you.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Hugs.. Kathy
Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Vann, nice to meet you too!!

Jane, the puppy in my picture is my new granddaughter and her name is Oreo lol. My older DD's hubby bought her an early Valentine's Day present and we all love her so much. Her breed is called a Bugg, she's a cross between a boston terrier and a pug, and she's only 3 pounds and almost 3 months old. Right now though, she's in the vet hospital with pnemonia and is getting better, but cannot come home still for a few more days. This has made me want to get a puppy, so when we get our taxes all paid off about this time next year, I really want to get a little girl boston terrier, and I already have her name picked out too. Yes I did change my name again, and I'm always changing my avatar.

Last edited by Michelle; 01-09-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Like a bad penny, here I am again!

Vann - well, I take Equate 50-plus One Daily, which is a One-A-Day wannabe, lol, and they do the job. Just don't pay more for the "Weight Smart" ones. I just read where the company has been forced to stop tauting them as a weight loss tool, since they are merely a vitamin. I have to admit, I took them when they first came out, but didn't notice any help with weight loss from them. Anyway, I think any good multi-vitamin would be ok, but if you have any special concerns, it's always a good idea to ask your doc. Btw, thanks for the congrats! As I mentioned to Cristina, this is very hard for me.

Tammy - well, you picked a good place for group support and encouragement. And we will feel happy to have a pediatric RN in the group! I have 5 (almost 6) grandchildren, and may need to pick your brain occasionally, lol. My DH and I are recent empty-nesters. At first it was a little sad to have the "baby" gone, but it didn't take long for us to revel in our new-found freedom, lol. Anyway, glad to meet you, and even more glad you're here!

Kathy - aww, so sorry you lost your post! BTDT!! When you get some free time, would you want to repost a bio? Yours got lost in the shuffle, or something, and we want you to have a current one. Thanks!

Michelle - oh how sweet she is!! I want one!!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I went to town and hung out at Walmart while Neal had his music practice tonight. I got his valentine, some candy that he likes but I do not, and a movie for his valentine gift. Yes, I know it's early, but you know me!

I'm having my ex-inlaws (they're real sweet!) in for Sunday dinner and have been working on a menu for that. I think herb-roasted chicken, a whole-foods broccoli casserole, parsley baby carrots, some rice pilaf, and a light dessert sounds good. Not sure yet about the salad. I think I'll try one from Cooking Light. Or maybe some fresh mozzerella and tomatoes....

Have a good night/morning... or both, lol,
Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 AM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool

Hi Ladies.

Well I did finally get some sleep. DH went out and bought some groceries and even made dinner for me.

I am finally doing my laundry of Mt. Washme! lol. DH is going to his parents house tomorrow to do some stuff for his dad, so I may just stay home and try to get things done.

Did anybody here watch the People's Choice Awards lastnight (Tuesday Night)? I did and got to see my "Man" perform -- Kenny Chesney. I won't give away about anybody who won or nothing in case someone has taped or TiVoed it and hasn't yet watched it.

Cristina -- Thanks but I think I found my answer! I was googling recipes and found an ingredient I forgot about -- Pork Rinds! I know a lot of Low Carber's use them for things. So they use them to bread their chicken in this recipe, you grind them up. But I'm going to keep searching for more possibilities........

Jane -- Yes I think we could have definately made a more decent movie for sure! Just put hidden cameras on us, well those of us who haven't lost all their weight yet, and see the reactions we get! Well at least me! But what really gets me is that its totally different for men who are overweight! They are just "Big Guys" and usually don't get any disgusted looks or anything. That really irritates the crap out of me! Women have it SO much harder, thanks to Hollywood!!!!! I know that being thin is much healthier (sometimes) and all, but come on now, um Size 0 isn't my idea of "healthy", sorry. If you are petite and small, then okay, but what if your just not cut out to being teeny tiny? Which I'm not! Of course my mom and bio. father are both small people, I guess I get my size from my grandmothers. I'm short, but stout.

Even when I do lose weight, I'm no tiny chick! I am naturally bigger boned and curvier. Anywho I think that if we get looks of disgust than so should men and hollywood should be tougher on the "Big Guys" of tv too! I get so sick of seeing the "Fat Guy" with the "Model Type Woman" that is a bit old I think! I want to see a "Big Girl" and bigger than a size 12 or 14 thanks! As I don't think 12 or 14 is plus size! But anyways, I would like to see a "Big Girl" with a "Model Type Man". I am thankful for Roseanne who did "break through" for us heavier women in the late 80's/early 90's and also Camryn Manheim, who I think is very pretty and very talented. Anyways I want to see more plus size women out there, to show the young girls that hey, its okay to be heavier or curvier, you don't have to be a skeleton with skin to be beautiful! Okay I guess I can get off of my now! lol. These are only my opinions.

Hello & , Tammy! This is an awesome site and an awesome Thread too! These women are truely amazing!

Hey Kathy, sorry to hear about you losing your long post, I HATE that!

Jane Part II: My God woman! You already got Neal's V-day presents? You are making us look bad here! lol.........Your dinner sounds yummy! I want to buy me some rice, what do you recommend? Brown rice I'm sure, any thing in particular?????? And what do you put in your Broccoli Casserole hmmmm? Oh and I Love Fresh Mozerella and tomatoes!

Take care everybody!

Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

Sassy-I gained weight when I was pregnant with my almost 20 year old daughter and it stayed--I am build like my Mom's Mennonite relatives and I am not talking the tall thin ones!!

Jane--I checked out a Cooking light cookbook at the Library, just returned it and got the new SOnoma Diet one last Friday. Your meal sounds yummy.

Michelle--the grandpuppy definitely is a cutie!

Tammy--Welcome!!

Kathy--I hate when I lose long posts too!!

Vann--I am here--long days at work (10 hour days MON-THURS) and then hitting the gum.

well I gotta go time to get to work!!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies

Tammy--Hello and welcome! Very happy to have you here. It doesn't matter how much or how little of weight you need to lose, we'll support ya no matter what! Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Jane--Hard to believe that Valentines Day is just around the corner. (we're we saying this about Christmas???) I thought about taking the day off, but I decided not to. We never do anything that day. Our Anniversary is in March...I'll take time off for that!

Vann--We're not necessarily house hunting strongly. We'll just check houses out now and then. Keeping our eye on the prices of things, hoping it'll go down a bit. We're thinking of really looking and talking to a realtor in the summer. This has been an on going thing for the last couple years though, so who know!

Michelle--That is the most adorable puppy! I showed my hubby the photo and he just "oohed and aahed" over it! So cute. He would love to have a pug. I'd like to have a little English Bulldog. Cute!

Kathy--Hello! Check back in when you can.

Sassy--What a sweet hubby to have made dinner for you. And to do the shopping! My sweety has been a lot of that. I'm starting to feel guilty. I need to do something for him soon!

Jules--You get three day weekends!? That would be fantastic! We've been asking about that at work....but it just wouldn't work in our department......so they say! I'd work four 10's!

Well the photo shoot was interesting. I didn't realize it was as professional as it was. They had a whole area set up like you would see for models. And I had the hardest time making my smile real! And of coarse....I'm the shortest so I HAD to be up front. (grumble--grumble) We'll see how they turned out.

Still walking my butt off. My arms ache this morning since I started walking using my 3lbs weights again. I only carry them part of the walk....maybe 20mins out of the 35, but boy....they sure feel it!

Next week I'm going to start getting up early if I can, and do an exercise video before work. Add to my walking everyday. I need to work on the belly so I'm thinking Denise Austins Ab workout will do.

Ok ladies...I need to get ready for work. I'm thinking this is going to be my Starbucks day.

Hugs to all!
Old 01-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #11  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

MARTI...Thank you for your kind words; I think she's pretty darn cute also!! You're doing so good with your food/exercise plan...
Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

HI and a big TAMMY!Looking forward to getting to know you.

JANE...I was just at Target earlier looking at things and couldn't find much for Valentine's day. Not sure what I will get V but we don't do big on V-Day. I bought some Happy Valentine wrappers (I've not gotten yet) and will get some Hersey candy bars at Sams this evening for the troops. I bought 72 so that the guys know we are thinking of them. Then I will get Josh and his roomie a card. I've got to send that early the reason I bought so early. But I am thinking about what to get V.

MICHELLE...how is Oreo doing today? Hope she is better and gets better every day. She really is a cutie and maybe I am ready for another dog now, lol. That would be a great V-Day gift. Okay, maybe not...just remembered we are trying to sale the house and having two dogs to take when they show is probably not a good idea. Oh well, maybe once we move. How are you doing today?

VANN...yeah, I put my scale away because it is toooo tempting to get on them everyday. Then I only get discouraged. I too take vitamins...1ADay, plus I take a vitaminB, E, folic acid and calcium. I try to remember to take them every day and so far so good. As long as I am drinking my water I take them.

Hi to everyone else, JULES, SUE, KATHY, SASSY, MARTI, and MARY KATE

Good news from the tour yesterday. The realtors thought the house was nice and showed well, and we are priced right. There were some that said they had clients that are interested so we'll see. We are having an open house this Sunday and next so we'll see how that goes. Supposed to get some icy weather and then snow to top it off this weekend and I am afraid if we get that no one will show up for an open house. I sure wouldn't want to get out in that kind of weather. Anyway, we'll see how that goes.

Nothing much going on here. I went to exercise this morning and then ran to Target to pick up a few things. I think V is going to crap when I tell him how much the vacuum filter cost, lol. I was happy with the ones that use bags but he wanted to try something new. Of course you don't have to replace the filters except once a year but it was $25.00, yikes! Bought a new mop as well and just looked around. I love just looking at all the stuff sometimes. DD started drinking Welch's strawberry soda because it doesn't have caffeine and I had to go to 3 stores to find it. I was pooped by the time I got home to say the least and haven't gotten anything done around here. When V gets home we are headed to SAMS to pick up some things. Anywho...that's about all I have.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
Old 01-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #13  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I look so forward to learning about each and every one of you. And yes, Jane, you can pick my nursing brain any time you want. I just finished an 8 hr shift (I usually work 12 hr). I do a lot of pediatric diabetic teaching and today I had a real "heart tugger" of a patient. A little 9 year old girl, newly diagnosed with diabetes, whose mom is receiving chemo for breast cancer who is also mourning the loss of her (mom) best friend from cancer just 2 weeks ago. Talk about putting life in perspective!! After spending hours with this family today I gobbled down my low fat, low sugar lunch without one complaint or feeling sorry for myself. I didn't even miss my usual chocolate treat! (well maybe a little) It's days like this that I really count my blessings!

I'm off to my weekly Wednesday dance nite with dh. Hope you all have a pleasant evening.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Evening All!

Evening All!

Well DH went to his parents to get whatever he had to get done for his dad. I stayed home, which I'm glad my back was achin' this morning. I think its just the weather.

I got all my laundry done -- finally!

Jules -- Yeah I am like why can't I be built like my parents? ARGH. Aw well this is how the good Lord made me, just have to work with it I guess! lol.

Marti -- My DH has been really sweet lately, makes me wonder what he's up too........LMAO. J/K. WTG on the walking!!! I think I did Denise Austins Ab workout, back in the day and it really helped! So good luck! I was going to do my workout from the tv this morning, but I didn't.

Jane -- I hope your open houses bring you many offers on your house! Ya know when DH & I were looking at houses, we were looking in the most nastiest weather it seemed! lol. Our realitor said that you would be surprised how many people do get out there in bad weather to look! So you never know! I know what ya mean I love looking around in stores sometimes too, have to do that when I'm alone though.......as it drives DH crazy. lol.

Tammy -- I can see where that would definately tug at your heart strings!

Hi to everybody else out there!

Take Care!

Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys...

Tammy-Welcome!! I am quite jealous of the tummy tuck!! I would love to have one...maybe one day. I had a breast reduction for medical reasons and at the time the doctor said I would be a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck, but I can't justify the expense:-( Maybe oneday... I too might tap into your pediatric experience....I don't know if you read earlier threads, but my DS is also overweight in addition to some other things...that is all a part of my motivation..how can I coach him on healthy eating alternatives when I am not doing in my self..

Jane- I will look for the Equate brand..and will definitley try one...I am better tonight..maybe hormones..It is for sure that is part of my issue on some days..I guess at my age that is normal LOL Your dinner sounds wonderful!! Neal is VERY lucky to have such a chef around...Ya know I have to admit I miss the valentines thing...maybe one day in my life...I can just buy for the kids:-)

Michele..Oreo is a heartbreaker ..you will have to keep adding pictures so we can see her grow!!!

Sassy- I DID see the Peoples Choice ..it was great..saw Kenny too...You are right about one thing A TON of skinny women...I do sometimes wonder if most of them aren't anorexic??

Christina, I am resisting the scales a day at a time..so far so good...and I am going to check out the one a day this weekend..I guess generic should work and I sure hope to get a boost!!

Marti-Maybe I missed something ..what photo shoot?? Sounds interesting.

HI SUE - KATHY and JULES

Today was a good work day..not quite as stressful as Monday. My DD called and her car got hit in the Walmart parking lot..crushed the headlight and she said an employee did it and admitted it ,but then the next day the company from Walmart would have to do an investigation and it might take 3 months for her to get it fixed. She wants me to fix it ...I can't do everything..trying to coach her through it....Probably why I didn't eat too great last night...was starving..or that is what my mind was saying..ate cheetos..kudo...I didn't totally blow my calories but it wasn't pretty!! Feel much more motivated tonight and really enjoyed reading the post!!

Again thanks for being here!!
Closed Thread