Old 01-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #1  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Monday - 1.8

Good morning girls!

Here we go w. our weekly Monday thread.

Yesterday showed a loss of 3 lbs - not bad for my first week "on". I was kinda hoping for a *little* more; but w. the new points I get 30 and my leader had explained that the new format was because some people would loose too much too quickly (esp. the men) and not for nothing there were a lot of times in the past I thought I wasn't getting enough points (even at the high range). So I do find myself much more satisfied - at least this past week. Ha ha !
I've got to say - that based on the caloric formula and the knowledge/education I have as a *future* nutritionist is that this is a hypocaloric diet and very well may not satisfy the needs of some people (like men and folks at a larger size); but the habits that WW incorporates into the program are a very important part of it and realistic habits we all have to practice. Off my soapbox now ...

I hope everyone had a great weekend! The weather here in NY was loverly - warm and sunny (until this morning). I'm almost done undecorating the house from the holidays and have to get the brittle tree into the dumpster. Oh joy ... I'm still cleaning up pine needles from like 3 years ago.

Have a great day! Let's get this thread started!
The Little D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Deb!
I'm sneak Posting, the weekend was an odd mix of hectic and relaxing. Friday we had a dinner dance which we were fashionably late too if DH gets the pics i'll post them. I did really good with food and had a few bites of DH's desserts
Saturday we lazed around went to dinner and bought puzzles which are covering my dining room table
Yesterday we ran errands and I made a whole wheat Lasagna The sauce which is "all natural" had too much sugar So i'm going to have to go back to making my own!
Today is girls night out and getting my stuff together I need to get up early and work out! even if its for 20 min Im feeling slugtastic
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #3  
In Training

S/C/G: 175/170/145

Height: 5'5"

Cool

Howdy all! Today I saw a total loss of 2lbs. Better than nothing I guess. WE really did not do much this weekend and I'm sure that was part of my problem. No snacking just stayed stationary.....and oh was it ever fantastic!! PJ day on Sunday. Oh yeah!! This week will be better.
myramoo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #4  
Running Babe

Hi All,

My Friday wasn't great, but the rest of the weekend was great! This weekend though I probably won't be 100% since it's Sacha's 30th Birthday... I keep bugging him about turning 30 (please don't lynch me:P) I turn 30 later on this year!!

Anyway my DD is now taking longer morning naps so I have time to post

BTW 2-3lb weight losses are great!! My weight is in the 175-176lb range... Only 25 to goal and 30 to my personal goal yah!!

Kierie: You are doing great! Any recent pics?

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #5  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Tuesday 1.9

Well, Tuesday's @ work are always hectic ... I'm finally sneeking my own post now.

Crazy, crazy, crazy ... everyone wants to have parties.

Hi Ali - aren't naps wonderful ? They're the most under-rated thing in the whole wide world sometimes ... my mother's advice was "never wake a sleeping baby." 30's not so bad ... it comes and then it goes ... ask me about 40 when I get closer to it ... I have a feeling my opinion might change.

Myramoo77 - Nothing like a good PJ day ... I've been lazy like that for weeks. I've finally got my butt in a somewhat product gear.

Not much of an appetite ... I didn't do my 20 on the treadmill this AM; but I'm gonna hit it when I get home.
My BF is sick, so he's home tucked in anyhow. He's got hockey season starting up again 2morrow night; and needs to be feeling better.

That's it my friends ... not much action other than that. I live a boring life.
And broke ... a very broke life ... hahaha!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #6  
Running Babe

I ran last night so yah me Anyhoo things are going well, I am making wednesday my official WI day and I was down to 174 this morning! Only about 10lbs away from my clothes fitting again (well some of them)! That will be good!

Deb: My DD is taking a nap right next too me (God Bless wireless internet) and is tossing and turning and getting into really weird positions... She's just like mommy who is a human bowling ball when she sleeps!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
I'm having a day where i have to invent things for me to do at work hate those! exercise is still nonexistent I need to get to bed at a decent hour to get up early and have energy
Ali 30 is pretty cool I'm diggin it lol human bowling ball I still can't believe you have a lil baby you're doing great with losing the baby weight
Deb your life sounds a lot like mine hectic and kinda broke
Myra PJ day sounds divine!
I'm waiting for pics from this dance we went too to post them
its very wierd I'm noticing things like my double chin is gone and last night I noticed my thighs were smaller its somewhat baffling!
gotta run
hopefully bbl
Kier
Old 01-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #8  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Wed 1.10

I think today is Wednesday ... I have to keep reminding myself.

Work has been very busy ... my brain was fried by noon. Sometimes I just can't keep things straight anymore. It's a blessing and a curse having such a busy day - it goes by quickly, but it's exhaustimg. Like yesterday I did not hit the treadmill for my 20 min when I got home. Woopsie ... so I decided on taking it as my "day of rest".

This morning I did my time on the old hamster wheel, and may again tonite as a "bonus". We'll see ...

BF has season opener tonight for hockey and I'm gonna sit this one out; it's @ 9 pm. I'm his biggest fan. However, I've not seen him in like forever b/c he's been sick and he gets up very early ... so I have a feeling a late game tonight and he'll be in bed early tomorrow night too ... wah, wah, wah!

Kier - oh, oh, oh! Send us some pix so we can see how FANTABULOUS you are lookin!

Ali - are you working now that you have the little one? I agree wireless is awesome. I went wireless last year and it was soooo helpful w. getting school work done. Which reminds me ... I still have to fill out my applications for the 3 different RD programs I am applying to ... bum, bum, bum!

Have a great day girls! Only 3 more hours to go on my clock ... tick, tock ... tick, tock ...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #9  
Running Babe

Kierie: It feels good doesn't it! I am getting smaller, but it's taking its time... No worries though, I'll get to my goal... You are doing fabulous!!

Deb: I have 1 year of maternity leave and I'll take 2-3 months of additional unpaid leave my work offers so I'll start back in September... I know I am very fortunate to be able to stay at home for now.. I love it though! After my next kid, I plan on taking more time!

Ali
Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Deb: It's also great you're becoming an RD.... I know you guys go through tons of education, Good Luck!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Lori: Wow, you have been through a lot, but it's great news that you're in remission. Leukemia is a cause I really support since my aunt and uncle both had it (I suspect my aunt had your type, but this was a long time ago). If you can perhaps try and contact one of the 30 women who has been successful with having kids and perhaps seek guidance from one of their docs (even if it's an over the phone consultation). You could also seek information at a medical school that does a lot of cancer research.

Don't stress too much over the exercise.. Do what you can! You have been through so much!

Take care!

Ali
Old 01-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Wow Lori OMG you have been through the ringer! Thank God for a new year! You are such a strong Person to continuously overcome cancer and an ED. IF you can do that you can lose the weight too! Take care of you its important!
Today has been another day of me trying to find work to do! I found a writing contest I want to enter and stick a fire under me to get writing. Tonight I'm going out for Japanese with my gf who needs some support I'm hoping i can get some sashimi or some hibachi
OH! have you guys tried the Mrs Dash Marinades? soo good I bought some tiny thin steaks marinated them and did them in my grill pan mmmmm no salt no MSG!
We should restart the recipe thread! I'm hyper i've had coffee and it takes my mind off eating when I'm bored
(which even now still easy to do) I'm having a problem with pretzels! I think i'll be putting away or throwin gout the bag we have

ok sorry for the mad ramble!
Ali a year maternity thats amazing we only get 3 months!
gotta run
Kier
Old 01-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #13  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Thursday

Hi ladies ...

Lori - we are blessed to have you with us as support, and we're here to support you too! Thank you for sharing with us. It sounds as though you've taken the measures and steps in the right direction w. your treatment. Keep positive and the best will come yet I am sure!

Kier - at my job here for maternity leave a woman has to use her sick and /or personal/vacations days. There is no paid maternity leave here ... good thing I don't plan on needing it ... but I learned through a few colleagues of mine. I'm bored @ work today ... so hard doing work that you just don't want to do. I've been munching on pretzels these past 2 weeks and they can be a danger ... I bought the chedder flavored and honey mustard twists and recently the butter snaps ( same cal & fat as regular ones ) . I ended up throwing out what was left in the bag ... it wasn't worth "bingeing" on.

Ali - how's the lil darlin ? I should get a pix/post of myself and my son up ... it's only been a few years here, right ?

Have a great rest of the day! The weekend gravy train (oops ... not the best choice of words - tee hee) is right around the corner!
I don't want to jinx myself but I can't wait for Sunday weigh in ...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #14  
Running Babe

Lori: I am glad you've checked out all the bases. I know adoption does cost a lot, technically here it can be "free" if the adoption is done through children's aid, but I think some of the costs for the medical, psychological evaluation and such are out of pocket... Most people go through overseas as far as I know which costs $20K+ (I was told due to surgery on my cervix that I may not be able to carry a baby to term... my DD was born 10 days late and she was induced so it wasn't an issue...so I was kind of just thinking about adoption if I couldn't have a child naturally). Anyway, if you feel comfortable with trying it the old fashion way I'll support you.

Kierie: Yup, we get 52 weeks of mat leave at 55% of our pay and my work tops me up to 93% of my pay (due to not having as many deductions, I am actually taking in more money).

Deb: I watched this thing on Maternity Leave in the US with Elizabeth Vargas... I feel bad people have to use up all their vacation leave etc to just have a baby. Good Luck this weekend!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #15  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Quick Friday Post ... PIX ...

Here's a quick pix of Jeremy ... we did the Disney thing this past November for 5 days ... his favorite character is Stitch ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeremystitch.jpg (4.4 KB, 23 views)