Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default A new member from Toronto

Hello

I have quite a bit of weight to lose and am looking for a place to go for support and comradery where others are in the same boat, so to speak. I have been overweight, even obese for almost all of my adult life and I feel it is time to finally get rid of all those extra pounds.

I'd love to see how good I can feel and look when 80 pounds or so have been lost. To complicate matters I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and planter fasciitis.

The time has come for me to deal with my weight issues and i'm looking forward to posting and chatting with others here in this forum.

Good luck to all!
Gardinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi there,
I am brand new to the site also, but I guess I could still say welcome! It does look like a great site to help with motivation! I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnoses... must be pretty frustrating. Can you walk or do any light exercise (maybe water aerobics) or are you too sore? Good luck to you!
Angie
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #3  

Hello Gardinia and Welcome!!!

I noticed that you are from Toronto, and so am I. Although I am currently living in Windsor, I spent the first 18 years of my life in Toronto.

Also, our stats are similar, when I joined Weight Watchers back in September I weighed in at 237, I am 5' 8". So I know exactly where you are coming from. This is a great place to come for advice and support.

Are you following a particular program?
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi GARDINIA . . . from a fellow Canadian . . . I was born and raised in Toronto (one of the few not from somewhere else ) although I now live on the east coast.

There is a special area in the community called "Dieting with Obstacles" you might want to take a look at. Sometimes it helps to chat with people who've been dealing with the same types of problems.

Of course, you will be welcomed with a big wherever you decide to pop in. You've already taken that first and very important step on the great journey to better health and fitness by coming to 3FC . . . hope you will love it, here.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #5  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Gardinia,

Welcome to this awesome support sight. I'm also a fellow Canadian. Just thought I'd let everyone know about a great support thread offering an 18 week challenge at
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show.....#post1508495 if your looking for some weight loss buddies. Hope you join us.

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #6  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Welcome from another Canadian. I am just north of Newmarket but spent the first 21 years of my life in Scarborough, Pharmacy and Danforth area to be exact. Got married and moved north.

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:33 AM   #7  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Welcome!! I'm from Alabama! ( I LOVE Canada though!!)

Just wanted to welcome you to 3FC!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

A warm thank you to everyone who welcomed me. I have not disappreared, I came down with chicken pox (which isn't so good for an adult). I'm starting to feel a bit better and wanted to check into this site again. I am as bound and determined as ever ( not to mention itchy! )

Be back soon!
Gardinia is offline   Reply With Quote