Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Core Chat for Jan. 8-15

Good Morning Chickies!

I've started a new thread for us.

Let's go. Let's lose one pound this week. OK, .5 pounds. OK, let's don't gain anything and stay OP and get more exercise.

We can do it!

Love,
Rhonda
Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I have had a heck of a time getting on the board this morning. We'll see how long til I get booted again.

The first week of the year was good to me -- this morning's weight was 143.6.

I hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #3  
Melissa

It feels good to be op and in control! Let's do it! Make this a great week!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #4  
Melissa

Frouf, I don't think that it would be too difficult for you. It is sort of dancey, not really...it's kind of hard to explain. It's a lot like tae-bo except more fun, I think. She repeats a lot of things over and over so although you may not get it the first few times you will definitely learn it if you keep going. The music is very upbeat and Charlene is very spunky without being too annoying. If you can ever catch the infomercial (it might be on the website too) it would give you a better idea.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #5  
Melissa

btw Kathy on a good scale day!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats Kathy - I am also hoping for the 'good scale fairies' to come and visit me very soon!

Rhonda - I'm in - at least 2 lbs this week for me!!!

Melissa - I will check out website and see what I can find - thanks for the info! Sounds like a good workout! As for whether or not it's 'too difficult for me' - you obviously have not seen me huffing and puffing as I try to climb 3 flights of stairs - NOT PRETTY!

Had a very restless night - not much sleep at all so I was very cranky with the alarm this morning - poor dh wanted to get on the treadmill, and was waiting for me to 'wake up' I finally DRAGGED myself out of bed and into the shower at 7:30 am...

And it's already been a horrible day - when you think things won't get worse they day - spending all my time fighting fires - I like to be pro-active and make sure everything is taken care of so I hate having to be reactive and run around trying to get things fixed. For some INSANE reason my on line web based database has reverted to some 'older' version - we think someone (IT?) may have done a restore to an old file? NOT GOOD - VERY NOT GOOD! And we only found out by accident when respondents started sending in very weird stuff.

And then there's the yahoo associate director (who I understand will be spoken to regarding his 'email traffic' to me) who is still trying to bend the rules and do as he pleases - which is a no-no when it comes to government contracting.

Let's just say I could use a drink or two already? ha ha ha. Hoping the rest of the day will zip by with no further crises (is that even possible).

I am also determined to watch my 'mouth' - eating wise that is and will now go refill my water bottle! Have brought LOTS of snacks to work in case of emergencies - not all core - but all lower fat/calories so I won't have to resort to something that is very bad for me.

Dr. appt next tuesday so I am focusing on that right now - a bit apprehensive to get the results of my bloodwork and ECG! ...and only 54 days to cruise time!

Frouf
Old 01-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

hi there. it's good to be here. man! do i need you chickies!!! i took a step or 2 backwards today but am now dusting off and getting ready to go to w a and work off a few (hopefully a lot!) of calories.

rhonda, i am going to be a very lucky woman if i lose a pound this week, but i'm going to keep on trying.

kathy and melissa, you girls are inspiring. congratulations to you both.

frouf, sounds like it's "monday" on your end of cyberspace. be thankful tomorrow is going to be a new day and will be a tuesday. hang in there.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 10"

Hello all. Its been a long day! Sarah ended up at the Drs this morning - yesterday her fever just lingered around 100, and she was complaining her throught hurt (ok, that can't be spelt right??) then at 4am she woke up crying her head hurt really bad and her ear hurt. She was in bed with us until 5:30, got motrin into her and she slept until 8:00. We were at the Drs at 9:45 -- negative quick strep test, they'll send it out but double ear infection. So she is on amoxicillian again. My MIL came up to watch her this afternoon so I could make it into the office. Today was going to be my catch up day. Oh well, some things are more important.

Hopefully I'll be able to get her to eat tonight. But atleast tomorrow is my day home with her so I'm hoping by Wed she will be able to go to school. We'll see.

Food wise I've been doing well the past 2 days. I posted the Chicken soup receipe - very, very good. It should freeze well since anything I've made with barley does well in the freezer.

kathy, bravo on the scale. Mine is not being very nice. I'm hoping for some miracle for Wednesday. Its our first WW at Work session - I'm going to have to pay. I'm too far over my goal for her to let me slide - or for me to be comfortable not paying.

Sandra, can I borrow your duster? I think I need a sweep or two

54 days till cruising - Frouf, I'm getting jealous already!

Melissa, your enthusiasm is inspiring!! Keep up the great work.

Take care all - I need to pull together a bunch of thing to take home. Need to catch up on today's workload.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

paula, i'm glad you got sarah to the doctor. aren't kids something the way they tend to get sick over weekends when the doctor's out of his office? i need a broom, too. lots of sweeping needed on my old body and mind. however--we will be successful. just maybe a slight delay.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #10  

Hi All:

The day wasn't too bad for eating. I had yogurt and coffee for breakfast, a steak sandwich (one piece of bread) for lunch and an orange. I'm ravenous right now so I think I'll drink water. I thjnk that dinner will be shrimp and something (not at all what I posted!).

I'm feeling motivated and a lot of it is that a lot of responsibility has been taken off my plate at work with the new hirings.

I've called my sports club and they've added an aerobics class and I'll be there tomorrow night. I looked at the beachbody site. Hmmmm, looks tough but fun. The testimonials were strong. I've been browsing on the thread where people post about meeting their goals....very, very impressive changes that some have made. Quite inspiring actually.

I think I'll take it easy tonight. Maybe watch one of our movies.

Rhonda
Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well just when you say things can't get worse!....ya more crises this afternoon and I was SO HAPPY to head home - went by the bagel shop for fresh bagels cuz I sure needed a smoked salmon fix when I got home!

Good news is took dd to dance class then actually hurried hom to get on the treadmill at 7:30 pm to catch Jeopardy while I walked - how dedicated is that?? Now I need to get back out there and pick her up - with a stop at Starbucks for a decaf coffee treat!

Paula - hope Sarah is feeling better - isn't it always like 2 am when they decide to get really sick? Glad you have the antibioitics and I"m sure she will be much better by Wed.

My big ds was back at the clinic - just over a sinus thing (antibiotics) and calls me at work regarding some big 'bump' brewing near his lip? Feels weird he says - sent him back to clinic- and sounds like a cold sore brewing? Gave him anti-viral meds and cream - total of $150! Thanks goodness for drug plans is all I can say (must be time to send in a claim no doubt!).

Rhonda - let me know how the aerobic class works out for you. I still have to research that turbo jam thing! I don't think I'm quite ready for it yet tho.

Tomorrow night is 'cheap movie night' so invited Andrea (ex cruise buddy) to movies - dh is very 'jealous' - wants to come along - but told him is in charge of driving dd to/from dance tomorrow night - and the outing is 'just for us girls"! Problem is I have seen almost every movie so it will be hard to find something suitable? I know I will be having popcorn so will have to compensate for that at some point.

Okay off to do some more chauffeur duty!

Froufie
Old 01-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Good evening! I'm checking in from bed (yes, I've already gone to bed) with a SORE SORE SORE throat. My goodness, it is practically on fire and raw! This is no fun. I'm not going to sleep for a while but am resting.

It sounds like everyone did very well today! I'm impressed with the Froufiecise -- you GO, girl! Maybe that'll help walk off some of the work frustration. I know you're about to pull your hair out (and maybe some other people's hair too!).

I made shrimp, broccoli and whole wheat pasta tonight. I added a little bit of olive oil and some lemon juice. I didn't eat (again with the throat) but set aside a bowl of it to take to work for lunch tomorrow. Judd ate the rest though and said it was good. I made Erin her own batch with fettuccine ... she's not a big whole wheat pasta fan. I suppose it's an acquired thing, but now I can't imagine eating the other stuff. It tastes too slimy!

Breakfast will be 1/2 sandwich made from sugarfree whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter and all-fruit spread (total of 3 pts) and a glass of milk. Lunch is the shrimp stuff and for dinner I'm making fish, sweet potatoes and salad. Why am I posting this here? I guess I'm just rambling.

Have a good night, all!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 AM   #13  

Dear Sandra

to you on your 60th birthday

I hope you get gifts

Wear a silly hat

Dance a jig

Have fun

Get adored

Get lots of hugs

Eat some cake

And get everything you need and want!!

Love ya and
Rhonda
Old 01-09-2007, 07:02 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oooops! Sorry, Rhonda. I didn't read this thread until after I had posted the Happy Birthday wishes for Sandra on the separate thread. I had her birthday on my home calendar and didn't want to forget to wish her Happy Birthday. I can tell that you love her very much.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:19 AM   #15  

Vickie: Great minds thinking the same great thoughts! Post everywhere!!

Where's the Birthday Girl...I bet she's still asleep!

Happy Birthday again, Sandra!

Rhonda
Closed Thread