Old 01-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #1  

Default hello everyone

Hi just joined hope this will be the new beginning I need I am a mother of two children I need to loose about 100+lbs im 275 goal is 175but I want to take just small steps and get to the next number.I hope to get support and give suppport cant wait to here from you
burkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I'm a mother of three (ages 6, 4, 3) with 100+ to lose. Welcome!
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/240/180

Height: 5'5

hey.. im not a mother.. but i sitll have 100+ to lose... any beginner advice?
desperate2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #4  

Hey.. I was a little larger than you last year at this time...
I started last Feb. and now I have a 90 to 95 lb loss..
It has been a great year.. I backed off from dieting for a couple of months.. I did not gain.. nor did I lose.. I was happy knowing I can maintain my weight during the holidays...
I am now trying to take off the rest of my weight.
Iam also a mother of 3... two of the 3 are teenagers. #3 thinks he is a teenager..
I feel so better now.. Its just amazing to me how much better I can get around.
The support is great here.. must admit I have never been an active on this board.. I was around a lot but never posted much... I am working on that..
Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Tracey
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #5  

Hey there Im from canada too Im going to start in the morning with a healthy breakfastand if I can get through my bewitching hour (while im cooking supper)it will be a great start,But I dont know if I should try ww or low carb?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #6  

Tracey are you following a certain diet?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/240/180

Height: 5'5

im in a dilemma.. i dont know if i should try to follow a structured diet.. or just try to cut back on calories.. what do you think?
desperate2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

for myself, anytime I've gone on a "diet" per se, as in following what a book tells me to eat to the letter, I've made it for about 4 days LOL. The closest I ever came to any success was on Atkins -- i lost about 35 lbs., and unfortunately I could not maintain it as a lifestyle, so I gained 50 back

This time I'm trying something new -- NO DIET! Everyone knows what it takes to lose weight - it's SIMPLE -- i didn't say EASY, but it is simple! A simple mathmatical equation that if LESS goes in than you use, you will lose weight...by the same token, when MORE goes in, you get huges chins and a uni-boob hahahah.... So I'm doing the calorie thing! I'm pretending calories are like shopping money!!! Do I really want to JUST buy some fabulous boots...or do I want to spread my cash around and get a few tops and a cute pair of shoes? heheheh Same with food...do I blow all the calories on that Big Mac or do I spread it around and have a big salad, and chicken, and tons of veg, and some popcorn..blah blah blah you get my point

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!!! Finding this board has been a stroke of luck for me! it keeps my fingers busy when I want to snack

t.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #9  

Burkee
No certain diet ..
I counted calories.. I myself stayed around 1000 ... Sometimes went over..
I ate a lot of fresh veggies.. A lot of canned veggies.. Tuna.. Chicken..
That worked for me. I do not advise anyone to try 1000 calories a day..
I just played with the calorie amount and found that was something I could do and it worked for me. I talked with my Dr. and he was not super happy about it.. But after I told him what I was eating and the vitamins I was taking he was more accepting.. I am not a water drinker.. I drank Diet Mt. Dew...
I am working on the water... I also exercised 4 to 5 days a week.. But I did not go crazy with it.. No 2 hours at the gym for me..
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote