Old 11-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #1  
It's up to me this time!

Height: 5'3

Smile 6 week body makeover???

Is anyone doing the 6 week body makeover by Michael Thurmond? I received the information from a friend who bought it but didn't stick to it and started it today. It's going to take a bit more than 6 weeks but it shows in the program that you can do this for as long as you like since it's not a "diet". I'm hoping to find some others who are doing this to keep up with and see how we progress.

Jeanette
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/189/140

Height: 5'1 and 1/2"

I got info about it from my friend, too, and I'm gonna try it. If you need a buddy/partner I'm willing to do it with you
IAte86Crayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #3  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

I'm starting this program on Sunday. I'm using this week to increase the amount of water I'm drinking and planning my menus.

I'm excited.
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

I'm planning on starting this program too. I met a lady at the gym tonight who has been on it for a week and lost 14 pounds, she was so enthusastic about the program and told me over and over just how simple it was to follow, unlike anything she's tried before....SOLD ME! I think I'm going to run to the bookstore tomorrow to learn more. Anyone know if the book will be enough to follow this plan?
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Also, I could really really really use a partner in crime? Anyone want to buddy up with me for some extra support?
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I did it a couple of years ago. I didn't like it--too restrictive and I don't like people telling me what to eat. I do much better reading it, taking the advice, and formulating my own plan. Oftentimes, my plan turns out to be very similar to the plan I've just read about.

I think what I disliked about this one was the lack of salt and so many foods that I wasn't supposed to eat for my body type.

Good luck to you, though! I don't want to tell you not to do it, but from personal experience, I just didn't like it and could only stick with it for about 3 or 4 weeks. I did lose, though.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #7  

Seems like I have tried every diet there is I hope this one is for me. I am interested in having a buddy for support.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #8  

I have been on this plan for since Aug 28th and have lost 46.75 lbs. It is a new way of eating and a new lifestyle as we all here, and I find it OK..the hard days I just think of food as fuel and eat it and go on. Prepare all food ahead of time is all that could work for me..I do make things for my husband other than plan food and I tweak the plan now and then..but 129lbs to lose, I know that this is for life..I haven't even exercised and I will explain more about that later but wanted to encourage anyone with the courage of the conviction to really do it this time that this will work. And if you stray you can get right back on. You ca do this. I am 65 and getting better all the time. The Bluesqueen
bluesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #9  

Default Need help!

Ok, me and my aunt were on it two years ago and it was great, but then I moved and I forgot all about it. From what I remember I am a type "B" and I kinda know what to eat and what not to eat, but I forgot the portions. All I remember is breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. but I can't remember when I can eat carbs and the portions. Pleeeze help, I have to fit into a bridemaid dress 3 sizes too small (darn overseas sizing!) I have about 30 pounds to lose in six months! .
Artacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #10  
Surreality

Are any of you still on this plan? I'm curious about the results.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 166.8/159.4/125

Height: 5 ft 3-1/2 in

Thumbs up 6wbmo

Carnie! I started the 6wbmo July 23, 2005. I lost 120lbs in 10 months, and that is with a mega slow metabolism! The week after July 4th 2006, we went to say with my sister and her family. I bought all of the food while we stayed there (they live hand to mouth and I dod not want them to have to suffer financially because of my little family of four) I bought enough food to feed all 12 of us for a whole week, so I could not buy reg food plus mine as well....I made the best choices that I could, but I was off track...thru the rest of the summer and thru the Holidays I totally derailed with emotional eating and then a broken elbow...As of January 1, 2007 I started again and I have lost 7 pounds.

I am losing slow this time because I do not have much to lose, and I have a hypothyroid and even though I am only 32 I am in menopause due to a hysterectomy. If I can do it, anyone can. I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.

I do cook for my hubby and 2 boys regular meals and then fix my own seperately. Typically I cook once or twice a week so all I have to do is grab and go.

Hope I helped some.

Kris
B 166.8/159.4/125
mammawhirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 299/299/200

Height: 5'10"

Default New to website

A friend of mine got info about the 6 week body makeover from a friend of hers. They are both type b and I am type A. Does anyone know if there is much of a difference between the two? Would I be ok eating the same things they are eating?

I would also like to know how everyone is doing on the 6wbm? Are you guys still seeing wonderful results?

We are starting tomorrow, so hopefully this time next week there will be a little bit less of me!! I love the thought of this "program" because it seems so much easier for me to start it knowing that it could have such drastic changes in as few as 6 weeks! I think the quick results will motivate me to stick with it this time!!
allysonleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #13  

i am on it now, i lost almost two kilos in a week and a half, that is like almost 4 pounds, but as i started to work at night i don´t eat all the meals he says we have to do. it seems a good plan. good luck with it!

Last edited by pato; 02-11-2007 at 02:09 PM.
pato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #14  

Hi,
I was wondering If someone could PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PM me the fast track menu plan for Michael thurmond’s 6 week body makeover Type A, as recently I have had my second set of twins, and new babies make 5 yes 5 and I am 25 y.o and have had a lot of trouble with other diets and was hoping this one would work for me but cannot afford it (I live in Australia and it is $300 plus or $250 via ebay) I really need to lose this weight as not only is it a health risk, but I don’t want to be a bad influence on my children, please help me,
All the best
Angil
yo momma fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #15  

Default 6 week body

Would anyone be intereted in sharing the type b diet with me? I was just wondering what carbs you can eat? Thanks......
leighohs1 is offline   Reply With Quote