Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile NEW GOAL - Thin Wannabees VALENTINE'S DAY goal

Well, the holidays are over and we’re into a brand new year! So how about a new mini goal? Valentine’s Day is the next holiday so I ask you - Where do you want to be by Valentine’s Day? We can get to our big goal of the year (Christmas/2007) by small goals in between. So, come on ladies, let’s get going on our 1st goal of the new year – Valentine’s Day!

Please check in at least once a week with your progress - if you have a loss, or are the same, or "gained" (remember, confession is good for the soul) ... whatever your goal is just check in and let us all know how you are doing.

You can make your goal anything you want. If you don't want to set a number to lose, but just want to make better choices foodwise or get into a healthy habit - post with us. We welcome anyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

CJ
Thin Wannabees Moderator

Last edited by CJ; 01-03-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #2  
CJ

Here's my Valentine Day goals:

1) hurry and get well so I can get back to CURVES!
2) journaling my daily food intake
3) drink at least 80 oz water or more every day
4) hopefully .. lose at least 5 lbs! (doesn't sound like a lot but believe me, I lose soooooo slow that 5 lbs would be an awesome amount for me)!

OK .. that's mine - anyone else??
Old 01-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm new and I'd like to join!!

My Valentine's Day goal is to reach 160 lbs. I hope to lose 5 lbs by the end of Jan. I'm taking it 5 lbs at a time until I plateau or reach a weight I'm comfortable with - whichever comes first.

The way I plan on doing this is to:

a. Follow a low GI diet (going shopping for food today!)
b. Drink more water
c. Incorporate strength training
d. Make my morning exercise count! (walk briskly, start to get some jogging in)

I'm so excited...can't wait for those lbs to come offffffff!!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I am not new to this site but new to this challenge.

1) To exercise everyday
2) to get in my water everyday
3) to lose my christmas weight (about 4 pounds)
4)keep up with my fitday
Old 01-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #5  
NorthStar

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy

I am NEW to this whole thing. All I know is 'I need some suggestions!' I want to lose 10 pounds by V Day. I lost 38 pounds in a little over a year - then when I went to 'maintain' I gained 20!!!! pounds in 4 months. The weight loss was a good plan - eat right - eat less.... What am I doing wrong???? And how do you get all those cute little things on your posting? I don't even know how to get one of those weight lines.

Last edited by NorthStar; 01-05-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'7"

Looks like at great place to start..............

Valentines goal - 15lbs
execise 6 days
weight traiing 3x wk
reduce intake - conscience effort
Old 01-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
I am NEW to this whole thing. All I know is 'I need some suggestions!' I want to lose 10 pounds by V Day. I lost 38 pounds in a little over a year - then when I went to 'maintain' I gained 20!!!! pounds in 4 months. The weight loss was a good plan - eat right - eat less.... What am I doing wrong???? And how do you get all those cute little things on your posting? I don't even know how to get one of those weight lines.

click on user cp at the top. then I think signatures there should be a traker there click on that this will bring u to the yrackers. If u need more assitance pm a moderqator they will be happy to help (or me)
Old 01-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #8  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default I'm in!

Hey good idea CJ,

I am up for this challenge, I have not done well this holiday,had a gain of 5 lbs when I went to my WW meeting. This was for 2 weeks, but if I could get that back off that would be great.

My mini Valentines Day Challenge will be:

1. To get back to Curves, as a matter of fact I did go back the day before yesterday, and plan to go again tomorrow and hopefuly at least 3 times to 5 times a week.

2. To drink lots more water, like I did before the holidays hit.

3. To make better choices food wise and just try to lose whatever I can, even a few pounds. We have almost 6 weeks so hopefully I will be starting to fall into place for losing some more weight in 2007.

Anyone else care to join in, just jump right in and post with us.

Sassy Sharon
Old 01-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

My goal is just to keep my weight the same. It would be great to loose 5#, but with my new job, I just want to NOT gain weight, until I can come up with an excersise plan and eating plan that will work for me.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

my goal. Loose 10 lbs by V-day...rid my horrible habit of drinking soda.
drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily
exercise 5 times a week
eat at least 4 servings fruit/veggies.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #11  
CJ

Good luck to everyone on their goals! WE CAN DO THIS! All your goals sound reasonable and doable - Don't forget to check back in with your progress!

CJ
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #12  

1 pound down, haven't done so well with fitday. Haven't done well witrh my water either and most days I got my exercise in one of the days I didn't I cleaned the house from top to bottom so that was work out in itself.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #13  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Okay, I'm new here but I'd like to set a goal for myself also.

I want to loose 10 lbs before Valentine's day
I want to maintain my Fit Day
I want to drink atleast 6 glasses of water a day and limit myself to 2 sodas.
I want to have planned and started on an exercise routine.

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #14  

Default hey

I am not really new to this website this is my second time around. I would like to join this mini goal. I currently weigh 256 ( as of this morning) and i have a couple goals....
1. Drink more water, less soda
2. walk more
3. count calories (1,300)
Old 01-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #15  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Did good today!

Hi guys,

KimV-I know you have been doing great from our Wanabee thread, but I will let you post and tell everyone the great news.

Sunnigummi-The best of luck to you and your GI diet. What is that? I think I have heard of it, but am not sure what it involves.Let us all know.

NorthStar-What plan were you on? There are so many plans and whatever works for you. I am doing Weight Watchers and love it. But you can just do whatever plan works for you. Even if you just cut back that is sure to have results. Hope you do great.

Momto4awesomekids-Wow it looks like you have really stepped up in the exercise dept. I think that the regular exercise combined with the weight training will really help you out. It should pay off big time.

judee-I think the more water and less soda will work out fine. I know when I cut even my diet pop than I do much better weight loss wise. I know you will do great.

4me4ben4will-Same to you, I see you are cutting back your soda too. Which will work out well for you.

canadian mom-Hooay for you, 1 pound down is great. I know that cleaning the house as you did from top to bottom is probably more exercise than you would get doing almost anything else. With all that bending and moving you did that is sure to burn the calories.

GatorgalstuckinGA-You too are getting rid of the soda, that seems to be what everyone is doing this time around. It will surely help. I too find that when I eat more veggies and fruits I do so much better.

CJ-I know you have really been doing great going back to Curves. Me to, I love how I feel when I get done and am heading out he door. Keep up the great work. How you feeling? I hope much much better.

Good Luck To Everyone, I know you will all do wonderfully. Anyone else care to join us?

I did good at my Weight Watchers meeting today. I had gained 5 lbs over the holidays for 2 weeks, since I was out of town one of the weeks and couldn't go to my meeting.

Anyways today I got 2.8 lbs of it off, so only have another 2.2 lbs to go to get the rest of it out. I also have been doing good on my other Valentines goals. I have been back going to Curves and have been going almost everyday. Also I have been getting in my water and have made much better food choices as well. So I am on my way. WE CAN DO THIS!

Sassy Sharon
Closed Thread