South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - January 5

Good morning, grab a coffee and sit and chat a bit.

My neighbour and her family are going away for three days and I volunteered to look after her TWO 4 month old beagle puppies! I must be insane but they are just babies and her dorky husband thought they could just stay outside and his alcoholic friend could feed and water them. No bloody way! So they will be coming here this morning to the Mother Teresa of the Canine World. It should be an interesting weekend. No, I will not take them to Church!

I did a good job of faking it at book club last night. I finished the book at 5:30, made some notes, drank a glass of milk and was on a roll by seven. I am such a procrastinator but it usually pays off. I guess I could have spent days reading and reviewing but yesterday's push paid off. Now I don't need to do it again until next year!

Still no weightloss for some reason although the calories are in control. I even ate fish yesterday, took a diuretic and glugged water while I read. Maybe sitting on my butt is the problem. Chasing the puppies this weekend is exercise, right?

I need to feed The Girls, tell them about the puppies' coming and let Hershey know she is going for fur styling this morning. It'll be a traumatic day!

What's on you weekend agenda this short week?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Ruth, I'm sipping my first cup of coffee and have a few minutes to chat today. You are one big-hearted woman to volunteer to care for your neighbor's puppies this weekend! We all should be so lucky to have a neighbor like you. I bet you're getting excited about your upcoming trip to Florida, Sanibel Island is just lovely - you are so lucky! I think your body is just making some adjustments right now, and eventually you'll have that big "whoosh". BTW, how's your hand?

I have another early start this morning. I don't really mind, but I hate not having time to leisurely read the paper over breakfast. I guess I should be thankful that I don't have to go in early every day. The weather has been unseasonably mild, so the girls have been enjoying playing outside after school. It's raining today though, so we're either going to the Moonbounce or to Boomers, or maybe I'll take them to see the movie "HappyFeet".
Today starts Day 4 for me, and so far I've lost 4 lbs!!!! I've been being so good I could smack myself! I really do believe the vinegar trick has a lot to do with it, though.

Kim, CONGRATULATIONS on getting that promotion!!!!

Kiko, thanks for reminding me about that "Fireside Sausage Soup". I love that recipe, and am going to make it this weekend!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks, day 3 for me, now if I could just glug some water, only jumped on the scale once and it showed down a pound but I am trying to stay away and not become a scale ho again.
DH was feeling very tired last night and pretty much kicked me out after an hours visit. He is having a hard time sleeping that and boston was playing last night so he didn't want to have to talk to me while the game was on. Today is another one of kids, cleaning and getting ready for dh to come home.

Ruth- we used to have a beagle, they are soooooooo cute when they are babies, can't imagine someone wanting to leave a little baby out.

gotta to run MIL is on the phone. Be back soon.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

The pups are here. My Girls adore them! I was a tad concerned but even old "This is MY house!" Hershey is playing with them. They are Bo and Luke after the Dukes of Hazard. Poor wee things were taken away from their mother a bit early as she was needed for hunting. Unfortunately she got lost and didn't come back or as we say in Redneck....
They is Bo an' Luke af'er th' Dukes of Hazard, cuss it all t' tarnation. Pore wee thin's were taken away fum their Mammy a bit early as she was needed fo' huntin'. Unfo'tunately she got lost an' didn't come back. Shet mah mouth!
Sorry! Could not resist!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Thumbs up

Good Morning, Chickies! TGIF for sure!!

Ruth: I love it when you translate into Redneck for us! Maybe you should do your whole post one day in Redneck and have a contest to see who can figure our what you're saying! I hope you have a lot of fun with the puppies! Chasing after them will definitely be a workout!

Cottage: Thanks for the congrats! I'm really excited about it! Sounds like a fun day for you and the girls. I wish we had a moonbounce place here to take my nephew to -- he'd love it! Congrats on the 4 lbs in 3 days! That's awesome--you're doing really well!

Little chick: Congrats on beating that one pound down--I'm sure more will come for you! So dh comes home tomorrow? I bet you and the kiddos are ready for him to be back! I hope he has a quick recovery and that you get all your chores done! Have a great day!

ME: Day 4 for me today. I've worked out my problem of not having enough "spark" for my workouts by eating a few crackers at lunch. I know that's not the best thing, but it's what we have and they're still whole wheat. I know I'm still losing because I'm (once again) on the last hole on my belt. DH is a leather-crafter, so he's going to poke another hole tonight! Woohoo!

Has anyone read People Magazine's Half Their Size issue? I picked it up last night and it was SO inspiring! It's what helped me get up at 5:30 this morning to do my QT and then jump on the treadmill. I think I'll keep it around and when I'm short on motivation! Oops, it's 8:07! Got to finish getting ready for work!

Have a great Friday, chickies! Here's some , hope it helps!

~Kim
Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #6  
Feeling better every day.

S/C/G: SW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 160ish

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone
I am new here but I hope to become a regular...........I've never cared too much about losing weight but I recently got engaged and I want to be a beautiful bride so...here it goes. lol
Old 01-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Just finishing my coffee before going into work late...I had to have blood work done this morning. The six week (I may have gone a little long) follow up to the blood work that put me on the SBD. My fear is that the numbers (cholesterol, glucose, tryglicerides) will not change despite my efforts - diet, excercise, etc. Just have to wait and see.

Has been a pretty good week, getting back into the routine of work does help with sticking to an eating plan. Though I do miss the laziness of the holidays and a good book taking up most of my day.

Hop everyone has a great Friday and relaxing weekend (at some point I must make myself take down these Christmas decorations, I must, I must, I must!). Off to the daily grind!

Ally
Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Good Morning

Hi all. Been busy and didn't get a chance to post the last couple of days.

Ruth, enjoy your doggie daycare. Sounds like a bundle of fur at your house. You are a good soul.

little chick, hope your dh is doing well. I do have a question though, is there a problem with being a scale ho??????

kimstar, ya, I saw that issue of People at work yesterday and did read through it. It was cool. I love reading stories like that I also love watching the biggest loser on TV. It's a good reminder that it's hard work, there is no such thing as a magic pill.

piper, good luck on your weight loss journey and welcome!

I finally have a day off today and am looking forward to a run and cleaning house. I start my classes next week. 8 credits and then I'm done! Whew!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default amscam

I just read your post and wish you luck at the doctors visit today. I have had tests done as I was losing weight the first time I did SB. It made an incredible difference. When I first started my triglycerides were 306, after a loss of 18 pounds that took about 9 weeks they were down to 89, after I had lost 53 pounds (took 7 months) triglycerides were 51. My cholesterol went way down too. My cardiac risk factor was a 3.0 and went to a 1.0.

Post your numbers when you get the results if you don't mind. I'm curious.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #10  

Morning gals!!

No time to chat, just a quick hello this morning.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #11  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

It will be a quick hello from me this morning, as well. This evening, I'm taking the girls to their dad for the weekend. Wheeee!!! I haven't had a free weekend since the first of November, and am really feeling it. Lots of work planned for the house. Hopefully I can find something social to do as well.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals...starting day 4 for me for the Umteenth time it feels like!
But all is going well...I haven't started exercising yet because I'm still getting over some annoying chest congestion. I am going to try to start walking at least tomorrow. I've been very careful with the foods I eat but at night I keep dreaming of eating junk food!! And even in my dreams I feel guilty!
I get to start back to work today...been off (sick)....but I'm a little scared...I work in the kitchen at a pizza/deli...way too much temptation!
I have decided tho to try to develop a pizza crust that's healthy and not heavy. I've just got to find some really light flour that's not white or enriched...any suggestions?

Well I hope you all have a great day!

I'll check back in after work this afternoon.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #13  

I've just got time for a quick hello too. My meeting went well last night. We were there almost 3 hours but we made lost of project on many different things. Now I need to type up the minutes, create the printouts for our project, type up the skit we are doing and send a bunch of emails out. Oh, yeah, I also have lots of work to do too.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Morning Chicks,

Looks like sis and I are not the only ones 'starting again'...good for us!

Those of you who have been trucking along so faithfully are inspiring enough for me!

Ruth, Pups are my weakness! My 'Lil Bear' to your bigger types is like a flea, but he thinks he's a big dog (alpha). My DIL raises Labs and they look at my little guy after he's nipped at them like 'What was that!"...a flea?

Wishing you all a great day of hope and a great future - Hey, 'bride to be', you can do it!

Sis, hope to catch you later.

Mamajok
Old 01-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Just checking in to let you know I am still surviving the canine onslaught!

Houn'dog puppies is jest incredible fo' keepin' me movin'. I've acshully been runnin' aroun' th' yard! Fry mah hide! Mah Gals were mighty friendly t'th' wee ones 'cept Luke tried t'take H's biscuit an' she put him in his place - li'l twerp! Fry mah hide! Right now Lucy is houn'dog-sittin' an' all is quiet - they is eifer all asleep on th' couch o' doin' sumpin evil! Fry mah hide! Whut in tarnation a fun time!

Whoops! The noise has started up again - I'd better check.
Closed Thread