South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Coffee is on, and I can actually smell it brewing. I guess my head is finally clearing up. I do feel better and a lot more energetic. Today is Day 3 on Phase 1 for me, and so far I'm still going strong. My scale says I've lost just over 3 lbs already, but I'm not making it official until it stays that way for another day. I've been starting the day by drinking 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar in 8oz of water before breakfast and again right before eating supper. It's supposed to slash the production of fat-storage hormones and makes food feel up to 200% more satisfying, and I believe it's working!
Speaking of which, I'd better go see to breakfast right now and get my lunch ready. Early start today, it's my turn to take the girls to school.

Take some time for yourself today!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage, and thanks for starting us up. It's wonderful that you can smell the coffee again! I hate a stuffed-up head.

Yesterday was too darned busy. Today I must stay home and read. (I am leading the discussion at Book Club tonight and have barely started the darn book. It's The Jade Peony and keeps making me think of won-ton soup and egg rolls - not a good thing! I'm on page 87 and there are 239 pages so I need to get right to it - after coffee and my cruise of the 3FC Boards.

Christmas is still hanging around here. Liz considers me an extra mother and was waxing nostalgic the other night about how her mother always left the tree up until the 6th. I guess it'll stay up until Saturday just for Liz who still grieves for her mum.

The Girls are fed, I've had my coffee so it's time to fix an SBD breakfast and get on with the reading. It'll be eggs with peppers and onions this morning plus a glass of V8 - 3 veggies already! I am sooo good! Ha!

What's happening in your life today?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #3  

Morning Cottage and Ruth!

A quick check in before I go get my third graders for math. Hope that everyone has a super day!!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all.

Cottage - glad you can breathe again! Your vinegar trick sounds interesting. I'm not sure I could stomach it though.

Ruth - Step away from the computer and start reading! Sounds like you need a peaceful day to recover from yesterday.

me - I'm feeling much better this morning than I did yesterday afternoon; however, the scale showed me up .6 this morning. I'm pretty sure it's a salt-hangover from dinner. Will drink loads of water the rest of the week and see where I am on Sunday.

Looks like our reporting system is back up today. That's good and bad. Means I won't be bored all day, but I do have to go out into the cold to get where I need to be. I'm off to inspect a dented engine inlet in the paint hanger. Wheeee!!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:42 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks. The weather seems like spring here, no snow and the weather is very mild. Got to love it. I have to do the shoveling this winter so I am glad it is holding off. Day 2 for me and so far so good. I am feeling great.

jettersetter-sorry to hear that you have salt hangover, drink lots of water and that .6 will be gone gone gone.

kiko- have fun in math, that was always my worst subject.

Ruth- Good morning, enjoy your reading. I hope you get the book done. Or atleast enough to fake the book club tonight.

cottage- glad to hear the sniffer is working better. congrats on the 3lbs, keep up the good work.

Me- called the hospital this morning and dh is up and walking he came to the phone. They have all the tubes out he is hoping to be out by sat. Guess we will see what the dr says.
Day two is going great, and feeling fine. Well girls have a great day. I have a new baby here today he starts full time next month so we are trying to adjust him slowly he is missing mommy right now. Take care chicks.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #6  

cottage - Glad you are feeling better. I'm not sure if I can do the straight vinegar/water like you are doing but I do love 3 or 4 bean salad. Yum!

Ruth - I love having a day to spend on reading. Normally I cram it in whenever I can (exercise bike, while eating lunch at my desk at work). If you are craving won ton soup, how about a chicken soup? It would give you the chicken broth flavor (just no wontons).

Kiko - Hi, neighbor! Brian doesn't go back until Monday. Seems like lots of school districts around here are already back.

jetsetter - Sounds like you have an interesting job. I'm sitting at a desk all day in front of a computer. I'd actually prefer a more active job (but I do love the pay at this one.).

little chick - I'm so glad to hear your husband is doing better.

me - Brian actually wanted me to wake him up before I left for work this morning rather than sleeping in. He is missing me now that I am working from the office all the time. He has DH there but I guess it isn't the same. Tonight is a Wood Badge troop guide meeting and we have a lot to cover. I'll be home to fix and eat dinner first.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #7  

In a rush this morning. I slept in this morning and am usually at the gym right now.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #8  

LC Glad to hear that your DH is recovering well. How many kids do you take care of? I am so blessed with the daycare that I have both my kids in- they are in two different places, but they are both great. So much peace of mind!

Ruth Happy reading!

Barb Does your DH work from home? I don't remember..... It actually seems to me like we are one of the few districts that are back in session. Oh well, it is only 2 days. That is actually a nice way to transition.

Jet Have a good day!

Just had lunch- soup, salad, and SF jello. If you have never made that Fireside soup that is the first recipe in the soup/stew section- it is well worth it. It is super tasty, and wasn't too expensive to make. I will probably be eating that for dinner as I didn't set anything out to thaw. DUH!

Later gals..... work calls...
Old 01-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #9  

Hi I am new here. I am rying the SBD out. I have been a weight watcher til now. I am using the SBD approach, but keeping the portion, and low fat WW ideals too. So any advice for a newbie?
I am finding myself a bit overwhelmed with figuring the "allowed" stuff.
But slowly reading everything I can find and scouring menus and recipes etc.
I look forward to getting to know everyone!
here is my SW 253.8 GW 150
Old 01-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #10  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Another quick flyby. FMS is this week. Not sleeping and the pain is awful. Some of it could be detoxing too. Off to a full day of work. Will catch up on the posts later tonight.

Ruth, enjoy your book.

Sounds like everyone else is busy today too.

Tracie. I hope you enjoy it here.

Talk to you all later and have a great day on the
Old 01-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #11  

Hi, everyone!

I was going to re-start yesterday, but then seemed to get a gi bug - the kind that feels better if you eat saltines, so that's putting it off a couple of days.

Barb, Eileen is bored out of her mind. She's been staying up till after midnight reading then sleeping late.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon everybody!

I see that there is a lot going on in the thread, but I'm short on time, so I'll just share my news and then come back later to read how everyone's day is going.

I got the promotion!!

Woohoo! Those of you who've been around a while know that I've been competing for it and then waiting on the announcement for a couple of months. Well, it happened this morning and I'm now the Chief Deputy Appraiser for my county. Woohoo! DH and I are going out tonight to celebrate, but I'm not sure where yet. I'm excited about the new stuff I can do in the office. (The salary increase ain't so bad, either! )

Well, I hope to be back later. Have a great rest of the day, chickies!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

Hey chicks, feeling a little like I want to snack snack snack so I thought I would pop back in for some inspiration that and the kids just finished having cookies for snack and are no playing wildly in the play room, a round game of freeze dance. So I am having my alotted amount of nuts and a little cheese hoping that will do. I think I will make some sugar free jello although I don't really care for it. Not sure what is on the supper menu for me tonight, eating has been pretty easy for me as dh is in hospital and the girls have not been home.

Kiko- I have 7 children that I babysit 1 is full time every day and two are part time 2-3 days a week and the they each have a older sibbling in school. I love children. I am blessed to like what I do. I am glad I decided to come back to it. I like to think that my home is their home away from home. I dearly love them and their parents.

Well I am feeling better and the urge to eat is going away.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #14  
Ready to Change

kim: bravo: congrats girl. Enjoy tonight.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #15  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Barb - Today is the exception rather than the rule. We're usually not all that busy, and I hang out at my desk most of the day...knitting or reading. I guess it's good that the closest ladies room is down a flight of stairs or I wouldn't do as much walking as I do.
Closed Thread