South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default What kind of exercise are you doing?

Lisa...Thanks for sending us your rain.
No horse back riding for you today and no outside work for me.
Mamajo: thinking of you with lots of love. Hope to catch you on line today....thank you to you too for the rain.

Went to Water Arobic class last night...Water was so nice and warm and had a good work out. What kind of exercise are you all doing?

Day 3 for us..and off to a good start...Drank my Metamucil now to go fix breakfast..Hungry to start the day, not only with SB but with friends like all of you. Good drinking of water today.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Well, I'm off to the gym for the first time in a long while today. I'm hoping to do a bit on the elliptical and do a round of the weight machines. I'll have to adjust them to what I can lift after a long absence due to the travel and the holidays. But I'm glad to be starting again!

I liked this article that was in this week's Lean Plate Club newsletter: How to Choose Athletic Shoes. I need new ones soon, so it seemed helpful!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #3  

When I work out at the gym, I usually do the stationary bike (because I like to read) or the elliptical. Sometimes I do the weight machines. If I happen to have free time on Saturday morning, I do the PowerFlex class which is a combination of cardio and weight lifting. Lots of fun, hard work but I'm normally booked when the class is held.

If the weather is good, I like to ride outside but I'm a wimp and I want it lots warmer than it is now.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

I work out at the gym on a routine that was set up by a personal trainer-I do the stuff on my own tho.
ususally start with 40 min on the elliptical-followed by either arm machines and ab workout or alternating days leg machines and back and finish with some more cardio-working back into that part-lately only about 15 min on treadmill.
SO glad it s not raining today-but no time to ride boo hoo-sheesh what on Earth do I have 4 horses for? Apparently to feed money to. OK so they are my 'equine therapy' and have kept me sane for the past couple trying years -oooh also I met my sweetie through the horse rescue site ok that is a bonus!
Off to the gym
Best of luck to you all!
WW
Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I'm all over the board when it comes to exercise. I just got a mountain bike, so I'm gradually working that in. In addition, I do the treadmill at a fast walk/jog, a pilates accelerated fat burning dvd (think an aerobic workout with good posture), 30 minute pilates mat workout, I also have two PUSH fitness dvds with a strength and aerobic session. I do those when I really want to challenge myself. On short days I like to pull out the Tae Bo. I'm planning on getting into yoga, but the season doesn't start until Feb., so I'll let ya know how it goes then!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I like to mix it up so i dont get bored. I normally do: biking outside, running, brisk walks, elliptical, and a Cardio Blast exercise program.

Keeps me moving!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

You know, my trainer explained that lifting weights uses only your ready energy supply, but cardio can use either your ready energy supply or your fat reserves. She said that if I do my weight training first, then my cardio, I'll force my cardio to use the fat reserves because the ready energy supply will be depleted by the weight training and no longer available. I'm not sure I'm explaining that using the right terminology, but the basic idea is that if you're doing weight training and cardio, always do the cardio last. It's interesting and does seem to help!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Boy am I ashamed...I do absolutely no exercise other than clean house.
I used to be so faithful walking, line-dancing, etc...then my body fell apart. So rather than do something I could do I just stopped. I need a real push girls and reading all your posts have inspired me make a pledge to myself.

This month I will walk, go to our local gym and sign up for water aerobics...hold me to it girls.

Sis I am so proud of you, keep up the good work!

Mamajok
Old 01-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #9  

I just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The doctor says i HAVE to exercise regularly... so it's back to the treadmill for me. I also have to do some weight training and yoga! It looks like i'm going to have to suck it up and get up early in the morning.... it's gonna kill me.....
Old 01-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Metamucil?

Hey Sis,

How is the Metamucil working for you? You used to take it regularly, why did you quit?

I had a very busy day...shopping. Then when we got home DH wanted to make those German Potato thingys! What a mess! Of course he had to have all the trimming with them...SO he got everything he wanted
Was I tempted? Not one wit!

We have small group tonight so wish me luck there...lots of you know what will be served.

I love you sis, hope to catch you tomorrow some time...I have a doc appt. at 9:30.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/207/135

I just splurged and bought a really nice elliptical for the Holiday and I've been on it for a while. I'm a ref for my local roller derby league so that's an hour and a half practice twice a week plus elliptical about twice a day until i reach an hour. I quit my job and am on vacation from work so it sucks that I've gained 13 of the pounds I worked hard to lose in about 2 months, so I'm getting serious about excercizing at least an hour a day. I have a gym membership but I'm so spoiled now with my elliptical, getting to the gym and back blows an hour a day. but i totally need to get back to my strength training.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Susie_Sunshine: Have you thought about an arm bike and/or a recumbent bike?
I have CP and Fibromyalgia at PT I do the recumbent and their arm bike and at home I have my own tabletop bike (which I think also doubles as one for legs too)
Old 01-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #13  

Hi Baby...Glad to read this post...and yes get going on some exercise...I would not be able to continue walking etc if not for the workout...and I am at the spot in life where you will be in 6 years...good luck baby...I am rooting for you all the way.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #14  

About the Metamuscil. I keep forgetting to take it...Yes it is good for a person as they age. One helping a day the doctors say...but to take more in hopes of losing more weight is like using a crutch and our bowels have to keep working like God intended...Once a day is good for fiber as we get older...That is my thought on the whole thing. Glad to see you back posting...Missed you.
Closed Thread