South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - January 3rd

Good morning! I'm having trouble typing today as I managed to slam the door on my hand last night. (Actually Lucy bashed into it and slammed it when I was just standing there saying goodbye to Liz!) I have two black nails so far.

The tree is still standing but some of the other decorations are packed away. Today is really busy so I probably won't get more done. I do pet therapy at the Clinic this morning, have Ruby's funeral at two and then need to go to an Open House 20 miles away. I'm Roadrunner Ruthie today.

What's happening around your Beach Umbrella today? Come and chat for a while.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ruthie..Looks like we are both early birds today. I woke around 1:30 and couldn't sleep. Went to water Arobic class last night. The water was nice and warm, and the exercise was delightful.

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead. Hope you get some rest.

Today is day 3 for me..thank you for your help...I found the updated list...I understand the beans, rice etc. are for after the first 2 weeks...right?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:50 AM   #3  

Morning Ruth! Hope your fingers feel better, that doesn't sound like it feels so swell. Be careful with all of your running around today!

Back to work for me today- I am just fine with it though. I had a great time over break, spent quality time with family and feel like I am living in a new home.

Scale is still up a bit from that fleeting two days of 159. My lunch is packed and ready- we have a chicken thawing in the fridge that DH is going to make for dinner. Gotta plan and am going to stick to it! The staff at school is going to do a weightloss plan called "Downsize"- not sure of all the details, but will be fun to motivate one another.

Gotta jet... have a beachy day!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Rice is for Phase II but legumes (beans) are fine for Phase I - in fact, recommended. Bean and lentil soups are just great for the "hungries".
Water aerobics sounds so relaxing. I wish the nearest pool was closer than 30 miles away!

I need coffee!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:54 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Kiko, good morning! We were posting at the same time. Downsizing sounds good. Let us know the details.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, one and all,

I took a sleeping pill and went to bed at 8pm last night, and slept through until 6 this morning. This cold is really taking it's toll on me, by the time I got home last night I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. This morning I'm just taking things slow and easy, I don't have to leave until 11 to pick up Maggie.
Eating -wise, yesterday I was completely Phase 1 OP, and even managed to drink gallons of water along with my green tea. Lunch is packed for today, and we're having grilled salmon and broccoli for supper this evening.

Ruth ~ Ooh, ouch!! I hope your hand is feeling better soon. I know it must be quite sore.

Kiko ~ That's a wonderful idea that the staff is going to do a group weightloss program! It always seems a lot easier to stay OP when your peers are following a weightloss program, too.

lubajo ~ Your water aerobics class sounds like fun, I would really enjoy something like that. I go to Curves, which I like alot, but I haven't been there yet this week, with this nasty head cold.

I need another cup of hot tea, and then I'm going to close my eyes for an hour or so. Have a great OP day girls!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #7  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all.

Ruth - OUCHY!!! I hope your hand heals quickly and no more nails turn black.

Lubajo - I see you were up bright and early...well, dark and early I suppose. I was up with the little one then, but she eventually let me go back to sleep. Water aerobics have always intrigued me. Sounds like fun.

Kiko - I've never heard of Downsize. Is it a structured (err...commercial) program or something you guys came up with to motivate each other? In any case, it sounds like a great idea! WL is always more fun with friends on board.

cottage - I soooo envy your sleep!! What's for lunch? Dinner sounds yummy!! What time should I be there?

me - Day 4 is off and running. I've been at work for an hour already this morning. The reporting system is down though, so I can't acutally DO anything productive. (Oh darn!) Aside from fighting (yet again) with my oldest about bedtime, yesterday went very well. Went grocery shopping for some more veggies because I didn't buy nearly enough on Saturday. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what to cook for supper tonight. I do believe the taco bake may win. Even the girls should like it. With any luck, my books from Amazon will arrive today. Crossing my fingers!! It will be nice to be out of the dark (plus, I'll have reading material for tomorrow @ work).
Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #8  

Good Morning.

Day 2 went well. I was very busy, so that helps.

Off to the gym for about an hour, then to DM's to help her with her laundry (an all day job). Also have an appointment at the vets for new dog this afternoon. He's 5 years old and really needs his teeth cleaned ($$$)

Everyone have a great day.

On to day 3.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, I am so mentally tired today. But I did start ph 1, had some turkey for breakfast, I should have had some veggies as well but just to tired even to eat. I have the school kids home with me today and they were so wound up, but things have since settled a bit, they are all off in the play room playing games. I am trying to catch up on laundry and clean out a few things as garbage day is tomorrow. Tonight it is off the the hospital. DH had a good night last night a bit a neausa but other than that good. Can't wait to see him. Well I have to dash as things are busy around here but I will try to pop in tonight. Hope you all have a great OP day.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #10  

A quick check in from work. (shhh.....)

Downsize is just a motivational thing that our nurse is putting together. I think she is still working out the details. It will involve some type of weekly weigh in a money. $$$$$$ We shall see!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #11  

Just a quick hello. The meeting for Brian's religious award went well last night. There were 24 other boys there who had completed workbooks so it wasn't too intimidating to meet with the priest and answer questions.

Tonight I am planning to stop at the gym on the way home. I'm trying a new eggplant recipe tonight using the convection oven. It's phase 2 and sounds good but I'll have to see how it tastes.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning to all of you..I was finally able to go back to bed and sleep around 4:30. Want a good laugh? When I wrote Ruth so early...It was early in CA. But I must have been half asleep when posting...as where she lives it is 4 hours later....so I guess it was her get up time afterall.

I enjoy reading your post, your ideas, etc. Sorry about Little Chicks DH...Hope he is well and home soon. Hope to hear more about the program at school Kiko...Ruth, Take care of your hand and try, like i said to get some rest today.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #13  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Gosh no time to read through all the posts today. Will catch up tonight. Just wanted to pop in and say Good Morning.

I work all day today and then tomorrow too. Ruth I did see your hand post though. Take it easy, makes my hand hurt thinking about it.

for all.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Yikes! Back to work and we're busy. There's a lot going on here, so I haven't had time to post! I see everyone's doing okay (sorry about your hand, Ruth) and I hope the rest of your day is great! Hopefully I'll be able to post again tonight!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Whew! Back from a busy day with pet therapy most of ther morning, the funeral at two and the Open House after that. Tonight I am going to do absolutely nothing! Nada! Niente! Rien de tout! Nodin'!
Closed Thread