Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #1  

Default Anyone Try the 3 Apple a Day Plan?

The meal plan sounds a lot similar to South Beach, except you eat an apple before each meal. You can Google it, they do have a web site. I bought a used book on Amazon. Just wonder if anyone has tried it.
It seems like a calorie controlled reduced carb plan with 3 apples a day thrown in before each meal.
-Michele
Old 12-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

I flipped through this book at the grocery store one day, and South Beach plus 3 apples was what I thought also! But I remember thinking it looked healthy and not difficult to follow. Too many people get far too little fruits and veggies in their daily lives and it looked like it incorporated that very well. I don't think I have read anybody that personally did the plan, though.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #3  

I would burn out on apples so fast!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

I find eating apples really helps cravings. Plus, they're very filling.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #5  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

I was at the park in August with my son and I saw a mom I hadn't seen in over a year. I didn't recognize her as she had lost weight. She told me she had lost the weight on the apple diet. I thought she was joking. She was serious and told me since the previous summer she had lost 100 pounds. She looked really healthy.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:02 AM   #6  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I get more hungry from apples! And I burn out on them fast as well though at the moment I seem to be getting in at least 1 apple a day if not 2!

Otherwise, I've never heard of this!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #7  

When I was buying groceries yesterday I noticed a "new product" in the produce section. It was a container holding 4 apples, but they were called Grapples (Grape--puls). They were "grape-flavored apples." I smelled them, out of curiosity and they smelled like grape bubble gum. The ingredient list was "natural and artificial grape flavors."

I'm guessing this is aimed more at children and, I must admit, I couldn't bring myself to buy any of them. But, they might help those of us who tend to burn out on apples very quickly....
Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #8  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I personally would burn out on apples so fast on this plan, but it's sound advice to eat a whole piece of fruit (or even veggie) before each meal - helps controls the hunger pangs and, consequently, the pigging out.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
When I was buying groceries yesterday I noticed a "new product" in the produce section. It was a container holding 4 apples, but they were called Grapples (Grape--puls). They were "grape-flavored apples." I smelled them, out of curiosity and they smelled like grape bubble gum. The ingredient list was "natural and artificial grape flavors."

I'm guessing this is aimed more at children and, I must admit, I couldn't bring myself to buy any of them. But, they might help those of us who tend to burn out on apples very quickly....
I saw the Grapples, too. Very weird. I was afraid to try them also. My sister was visiting from out of state for the holidays. We laughed all week about them!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Grapples? Silly me--when I want something grape-flavored, I eat grapes

Apples don't fill me up at all. I can eat an apple and be even hungrier 10 minutes later than I was before I ate the apple

But, personal feelings of apples and grapes aside, if the plan is just like South Beach, then why not just do South Beach? I don't think there's really a reason to eat an apple before every meal. Why not grapes, blueberries, cucumbers, pomagranate, watermelon, oranges, peppers, mushrooms, celery...? Sounds like an apple farmer had a bad year and decided to boost his business
Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Grapples? Silly me--when I want something grape-flavored, I eat grapes

Apples don't fill me up at all. I can eat an apple and be even hungrier 10 minutes later than I was before I ate the apple

But, personal feelings of apples and grapes aside, if the plan is just like South Beach, then why not just do South Beach? I don't think there's really a reason to eat an apple before every meal. Why not grapes, blueberries, cucumbers, pomagranate, watermelon, oranges, peppers, mushrooms, celery...? Sounds like an apple farmer had a bad year and decided to boost his business
I'd be willing to bet those Grapples don't taste like grapes. Maybe grape Kool-aid.

I like innovative farmers. I hope s/he used the proceeds from the marketing of that "diet" to pay back his or her farm loan.
Closed Thread