View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #15
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I weigh frequently and have been doing it long enough that temporary weight gains dont freak me out. I can usually guess if I am going to be up or down before I get on by how I feel.

In someways my obsession helps me because i learned about my body.

I know that if I quit working out for 3-4 days I will drop 2 lbs and pick them back up when I start working out again. If I didnt know that I would have been p'od when I finally got back in gear for workouts after my baby was sick and quit losing (I gained the 2lbs of water just slightly faster than I was losing at the time)

I gain 2-6 lbs the day after a really really long run. Imagine how shocking THAT was until I figured it out. Here I was burning up as much as 2500 calories in one workout and BAM I gain 6 lbs in ONE day- ummmmm. Fortunately it goes away in 1-2 days.

When I was on the pill I gained 3 lbs for TOM and 2 lbs the first day I took the new packet of pills.

A good poop day is worth a lb the next day.

I used to try and just keep track of the range "oooh havent seen that number before" or "its been a long time since I had a reading in the 170's" etc. but now I just pay attention to the low weights when I am trying to lose and the range when I am trying to maintain.
Lost successfully, maintained successfully. Followed by a whole lot of setbacks and obstacles. Starting over with the knowledge gained before.

Journey to the next decade:

New "decades":
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote