South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default new here today

Hi to you all..Just starting like many of you with the new year. I would like to give encouragement to all and receive some too. Going to get a picture and graph for my weight. Will be playing the water game Wednesday...

Had eggs, turkey bacon and tomatoe juice for B. Got to drink water now...hard to do with the weather so cold...Best to you all...
Old 01-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lubajo,
My name is Lisa-and I am getting serious after a far too long hiatus from SBD. I lost 50 pounds on it before(July 04-Feb 05)-long story, life gets in the way-regained 20 and am ready to recommit.
One of the things I WISH I would have done way back at the start was to take a tape measure and MEASURE EVERYTHING. there are times when the scale may not be budging-but the clothes are getting loose-and victory anywhere should be celebrated.
Another thing I found helpful was to keep snacks handy-hard boiled egg or a string cheese or baggie of walnuts preportioned-so when I was leaving the gym or something and needed it-wasnt tempted to stray.
BEST of luck!
Leona Lisa
AKA
Wild Woman
Old 01-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #3  

Default Thanks Lisa

Thanks for posting and welcoming me...My sister mamajok and I are both starting today. She hails from WA also. Beautiful country.

Sounds like you did well on SB before and I know we can be an encouragment to each other in doing well again for you and first time for us.

Thanks for sharing the ideas about the snack foods to take with us or have ready.

Day number one is hard. I am very hungry but will settle down and drink more water or go for another walk around the block. Got to get all the sugar and junk out of our systems. thanks again Lisa and good luck...

Last edited by Bionic Beach Babe; 01-01-2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: left out works and mispelled
Old 01-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #4  

Once you get into the habit and get certain things flushed from your system it is AMAZING how you not only don't crave them anymore-you can forget to think about eating them (One example I would completely forget to buy bread-my kids would always have to remind me)
Along with the water a serving or two a day of SF metamucil is filling and if eaten before something else actually slows down its breakdown/absorption into the body and therefore isn't stored quite so readily.
OK so its rainy and cold here-so no horse riding-but I did get the truckload of firewood unloaded and stacked. ack-ho needs the gym? LOL
What region of Wa is your sister in? I have lived in Tacoma for 21 years, and grew up out by the coast.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Wink Starting Wednesday

Hi Sis and Lisa,

Had to buy groceries today to get ready for my new program...so tomorrow is my day to weigh-in and get serious.

I have all the Christmas Decorations down and put away and the house pretty well back to normal so that makes it easier to concentrate on cooking the right foods.

I will be feeding DH a bit different than what I cook for myself so it will be a bit tough dealing with his food too but it's doable!

Thanks for the chart sis ...and your snack suggestions Lisa.

Mamajok
Old 01-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #6  

Ok I have some tofu/jello in the fridge jelling up, bean brownies cooling, pumpkin "pie" (no crust/no sugar) in the oven and peanut butter cookies I made last night. I think I am ready dessert my way through this.
I also like to keep a crock pot full of something completely legal to dip into whenever (I dont mind having the same thing for dinner/lunch)
What recipies have you ladies tried that you enjoy so far?

Lisa
Old 01-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/177/140

Height: 5'2

Hi... I am new too and start my diet tomorrow. I have never tried SBD and am kinda nervous about it all!! I havent had luck with diets before because I lack self control!! Just wanted to say good luck with it!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/145

Welcome Lubajo and momajok! I'm still pretty new myself, but I can tell you this is a great place to learn the ropes and get support. I've got a long ways to go myself, but I never would've made it this far without this group.

Lubajo, is that your puppy in the picture? What a cutie!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to South Beach and the 3FC Forums, Kristin, Lubajo and Mamajok. You'll love it here. Be sure to read teh stickies in the FAQ Section as they'll answer a lot of questions and give you more good hints.

to Wild Woman too. I 'm glad you wandered over - you have good suggestions for new folks.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #10  

Welcome to all the newcomers! If you aim for 4 1/2 cups of vegetables a day, you will find that you are not starving. Beans and dairy products are very important during phase 1 so that you will have enough healthy carbs. I like to snack on raw zucchini, red pepper strips dipped in hummus are good too. Sometimes I like raw cauliflower. In phase 1, I'll sometimes snack on deviled eggs too.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #11  

Hi Barbara, thanks for your hints concerning veggies.
and thanks to Wildwoman for your hint concerning the SF metamucil.
Today being my first day is very hard...that's why I'm here writing again!
I am trying to figure out my way around here with posting, pics, etc.
Thanks for welcoming my sister and I to this thread
Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #12  

Hang in there-it does get easier once you get into the swing of it.
Before I started SBD I was already exercising an hour and a half, 3-4 times a week and eating what I 'thought' was healthy-BUT......my triglycerides were 222 and I was over 200 pounds and had a Dr tell me to "start thinkng about working out" (had gone from 218 down a bit in 6 months but not monumental changes)ummm yeah nasty wake up call-started SBD next day.
journal journal journal
and
water water water
and congratulate yourself for taking this step toward health.
WW
Old 01-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #13  

Yes, that's a print of my dog...14 years old this month...Her name is Puffin...and a real doll as you can tell...

Hi baby doll..Baby doll is my sister mamajok...I am glad to see you on now. Good shopping and good day ahead. I love you sis...Lu

Lisa..thanks for all the post...What is Tofu Jello? and what about these other desserts? All good on Phase 1?

Happy Apple, Kristen, one of you wrote about beans? Can we have beans on phase 1? not too many carbs?

I appreciate all your help and tips.

I tried Mock Potatoes last night...wonderful

Steam califlower, mash and add (Better than Butter) or your choice and some non fat half and half..salt and pepper...this was very tastie...

About the Metimusil...I have a bottle..is one dated 2005 too old? smile..maybe I should go get a new bottle...I read to take this 15 minutes before you eat...hope it works...Good wishes to all of you...

Oh yes..Ruthxxx Can't we also join in the wight loss thing for Jan...I see it is closed...how about another group starting...thanks...

Beans? What kind of beans on phase 1 other than green beans? thanks for any tips...Lu

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 01-02-2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: multiple posts in same thread
Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I merged your posts.

Beans! These are necessary in Phase I. Please check out the Revised Phase I Food list in the FAQ section. All legumes are allowed as is dairy. They are very important to stave off cravings. They are GOOD carbs and those are definitely allowed on Phase One.

The January Weightloss Thread is this one in this part of the Forum. The sticky up top IS closed - I update as folks post their targets and the targets appear in the closed thread.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #15  

Default Miss you!

Hi sis, made through half a day but really hungry and tummy hurting...drinking my water by the bottle...two glasses so far.
I love you!
Closed Thread