Old 01-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/220/129

Height: 5'5"

Default Never Imagined It Would Be This Easy

I just started the Sonoma Diet so I can't attest to weight-loss results yet but I have been eating the greatest stuff and I have lots of energy.

Tonight I had a stuffed bell pepper (made with extra lean ground beef, brown rice, onions, diced tomatoes and spices) and a piece of whole wheat toast and I was satisfied. What a diet!

I don't even miss the sugar! My daughter fixed herself a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate topping (the kind that hardens when it's poured on the cold ice cream). It's one of my favorite "at-home" ice cream treats. Typically, I would have fixed myself a huge bowl of the stuff but I didn't even want any!

As for exercise, I walked a mile today (brisk pace) listening to my Ipod. This is the kind of lifestyle change I needed. I feel great!
PattyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

That's great!
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #3  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Wonderful!
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Great job Patty. I would love to have that recipe...sounds scrumptious. Don't cha just love your ipod? (although I hate the ear pieces) I got mine so I could work out to those up beat, get me in the pumped up mood, type of songs!! For Christmas, my hubby bought me the Bose docking base for the ipod. OMG...it sounds beautiful! Keep up the good work..and yummy meals.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

It sounds like you had a great day - way to go!!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #6  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Great job, PattyW!! You are doing awesome!
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

That was exactly my experience when I stopped eating so much junk/processed crap and switched to eating more whole foods. I lost 70+ lbs and I couldn't believe how easy it ultimately was. I always say that losing weight was both the hardest thing (because of all the planning and packing lunches etc) and the easiest thing (basically eat less bad foods, eat more good foods, exercise) I have ever done.

Keep going!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh yes, funny enough it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I have a looong way to go, but up til this point it hasn't been so bad. Without a doubt certain days are better then others. But on a whole it's been an almost enjoyable experience. Definitely an enjoyable experience. The hardest part was making the actual decision to lose the weight, change the lifestyle and stick to. But once I got into it, I got into it. I just wish I would have figured that out a long time ago.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I find the hardest part is being patient to last to the end. The food bit comes really easy to me, which is weird since I've had a problem with compulsive eating since I was 7. It's like wrestling a giant python for 28 years and finally getting the upper hand. The feeling of control is addicting in itself.

Now if only the exercise part would begin to feel as natural!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
The feeling of control is addicting in itself.
I've been here at 3fc about 3 1/2 months and that's the first time anyone has said anything even remotely comes close to that. And that's basically it in a nutshell as far as it getting easier. And it is the coolest feeling in the world.

Okay, after having said that - I gotta confess I'm having a not so in control kind of a day today. I guess some days are easier then others. I had one of my nibbling days. Not terrible, I nibbled on chicken and spinach and broccoli and red pepper and mushrooms. So in order to stay within my calorie range, I had to forgo first lunch and now dinner. . So though I stayed on target calorie wise, I felt very out of control today and I don't like it. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day with new opportunities to improve oneself. I'd like to get today behind me. Far behind.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote