Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #1  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Talking A New Year, a renewed committment

Hello all...

Just want to re-introduce myself. According to my avatar, I have been a member of 3 fat chicks since February 2003...about two months after my youngest son was born. But, I have been fighting the battle of the bulge for much longer than 4 years. I have been lurking on the boards for months, and it is time I reappear and start to participate again.

I am a 30 year old, married, SAHM of two boys ages 6 and 4. I am at my highest weight ever. The weight is really catching up with me...and it is imperative that I change my ways.

One of my girlfriends invited me to join a weight loss challenge that include a circle of people. It starts January 8th and it runs until July...and there is $$$$ involved. That is a huge motivator. I think it is the kick start that I need, even if it is a friendly challenge...hehehhehehehe

This website is a huge support for me...and has really worked for me in the past. It gives me the discipline that I need...and also knowing there are others like me.

I have had success with The South Beach Diet...it makes me feel good, and it is something that I can stick with. I also started to read "You on a diet". Like many others, l I consider myself very well read on this particular subject, I just need to start using all of this knowlege and put the tools into practice.

Looking foward to the new year, new beginings and a renewed sense of spirit!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #2  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Hi Gina! I'm newly "back" to the board too, also at my highest weight after just having had a baby 3 weeks ago. I think that's great that you've found a longer-term weightloss challenge - that would motivate me too!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/220/129

Height: 5'5"

Nice to "meet you" Gina. I'm looking forward to traveling with you in 2007 as we both work toward attaining our respective goals.

BTW, good luck on the weight loss challege for $$.
PattyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:06 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Monkeybabies, welcome back to the forum. That weightloss challenge sounds like fun!!! I wish we had something like that around here. Good luck to you. Looking forward to getting to know you.

And congratulations to Raelynn on the birth of a baby!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #5  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back, Gina!
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #6  
Abby's Mommy

Welcome Back Gina, I just came back myself! Good luck on your $$$ challenge!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Gina. I'm glad you came back and I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I'm also doing Southbeach.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote