Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 12:33 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of Jan 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!

I am doing nothing today except cleanup duty....I made the big mistake of leaving my purse to the mercy of SD#2....I have finally found my wallet and searching for the contents!!!!!!
She is a one woman demolishing team!!!!!

Well, doing pretty good with the eating and excercising..IT is soo weird, I weigh the same as pre pg, but the weight has shifted..My same pants fit, but are soo much tighter in the booty department..It is like the butt and hips caught some extra and it is staying..Must work on that next week!!!!

Hope the weekend is going good for all!!!!
Baily-Nice to see U back!!!!!
Take care!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 01-20-2002 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #2  

HI ALL!

A new week. Dh & I did some running around yesterday, ate lunch out and I was over on points for the day. Gotta watch that!

Thanks for all the congratulations on my loss! Just gotta keep up the momentum.

RR - glad you are doing so well!

Bailey - watch those low points days. You don't want to screw up your metabolism. ~ So glad to have you back. You really didn't gain very much during your time away. I'm sure you'll take it right off.

have a great day.

Rabbit
51.071 miles
Old 01-20-2002, 02:34 PM   #3  

Hi everyone,

Bailey, Welcome back! I struggle with the wine points as well. I have been working to keep it to one day a week. I am in agreement with Rabbit watch the low point days. My WW leader is constantly saying you have to at least get the minimum.

I want to give you all a recipe. It is for a kind of cookie thing. I eat them for breakfast. I use to make them years ago when doing ww and just found the recipe again. They are really filling.

2tbs hot coffee or water
1tbs chunky peanut butter
2tbs raisons
3/4 ounce dried oats
1 packet sugar free hot cocoa

mix all together shape like a log and put in freezer.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:01 PM   #4  

I needed a little encouragement since I've been in a 'weight loss slump' lately so I put my measurements on a spread sheet and did some subtractions. I've lost a total of 43 inches. Wow! I feel better and am ready to lose some more. I've lost 42 lbs. I can do this! My whole goal for 2002 is 20 more lbs. I can do it!!!

- jul
Old 01-21-2002, 09:43 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I felt sooo deprived all weekend!! The cable company screwed us, DH was home at 2:50, they were supposed to come between 3-6. We called at 6:20 to find out what was going on and they said the guy was there at 3:15!! Long story short, we both unloaded on them, and couldn't get them to come out til tomorrow, so we spent all weekend without cable or computer, or phone!! The phone isn't being hooked up til tomorrow either!! They don't work on MLK Day. I was like, great, you're gonna leave me home, snowed in all weekend, w/o phone, cable or computer?! You people suck!! We watched DVDs, read a lot of magazines and DH played a lot of video games...which just got him more aggravated!! We got the place straightened out though, and emptied boxes to bring back and refill at the old apt.!

Jul- WOW!! 43 inches!! That is fantastic!! What a great way to get motivation!!!

Nanci- Cookies sound good, what do you do with them? Doesn't sound like you bake them, do you just wait til they firm up and then cut them and eat them? How many does that make? Can it be done with creamy PB?

Rabbit- One day won't kill you! You'll be back on track again!!

RR- AAHH, that SD2 is a little imp, huh?! Hope you found everything!! Time to do some squats?!

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by LBH; 01-21-2002 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:07 PM   #6  

hi all!

Jul - wow on the 43 inches and the 42 pounds!! That is awesome.

Lauren - I had a tough time this weekend staying within point range. Some days it is just harder, you know?

Nanci - thanks for sharing the recipe. Unfortunately I don't like coffee or peanut butter! Too picky I guess!

Nanci's recipe reminded me that I made something different last week that she told us about at WW that was really good. Just put chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in a crockpot and let it cook. It is really delicious. DH & I loved it.

Also yesterday I made a low point dessert. When I was a kid my mom used to make cherry delight - so I did a low cal version yesterday and we like it. Take a reduced calorie graham cracker crust, pour on a can of light cherry pie filling and cover with ff cool whip. 8 servings, 3 pts. per serving. Yummy.

Rabbit
Old 01-21-2002, 05:29 PM   #7  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!!

Lauren--SOooooo right about the squats!!!Started them today as a matter of fact!!!!Only excercise will work the booty down!!!!!I have until March to get back since I will work on the baby again!!!!!!!

Well..off to finish dishes from SD#1's all night party with a friend and start supper!!!!

SOOO GOOD TO FEEL GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Excercise= 18miles
Old 01-21-2002, 07:44 PM   #8  

Default What would you do?

Quick question - I brought an apple, orange and yogurt to work for "breakfast". I really hate fruit! The fiber makes me gag and I can barely get it down. This gets better the longer I eat fruit every day. Since I took weeks off however, I have been blending my fruit to make it easier to get down (still makes me gag). Anyway, didn't blend it today. Promised myself I would not eat anything else till all the fruit was gone....

So the question is: If you have had only .1 points by 6:30 pm, do you still try to get in all of your points - or do you say going under is ok ?
(I'm doing pretty good on the other 24.9 - had mac n cheese! ).

RR: LOL my nephew's favorite hobby is demolishing wallets! (His other is hiding shoes so you can't go to work - what a helper). Glad to hear you sounding so well. Good luck with the squats.

Rabbit: Thanks for the encouragement. I know I did pretty well while I was gone and am ready for more! Don't get down about the hard days, just try to keep them from becoming too frequent.

Nancy: I agree with you. My mother always advises having 1 wine a night. I would prefer to have 0 6 night and then 4 or 5 1 night (but not more.). Will work on this!

Jul: That is truly beautiful to see in print. 43 inches and 42 lbs. If you can do that, you can do anything!

LBH: What a bummer. Will be glad when you get "connected" tomarrow.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:42 PM   #9  

Hii everyone,

I think I have the Monday blues. Oh well need to shake them off.

Jul, You have just done AWESOME! I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. You will nail that last little bit in no time at all.

Lauren, I am sorry you had such a frustrating weekend. Hopefuly you will be up and running tomorrow. Sorry I wasn't clearer on the recipe. You shape it kind of like a log, wrap it in saran wrap or waxed paper and put in the freezer. It is one serving.

Rabbit, I am in agreement. Some days are way HARDER. We just need to keep telling ourselves that we CAN DO THIS.

Bailey, I would like to spread my wine over two days. Friday & Saturday :-)

I am very happy with how well DH and I are doing. We just need to keep on track.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:01 AM   #10  
Pink Thingy

Morning all

Just a quick stop by. I think I have a stomach bug - do you think this will be reflected in a enormous weight loss some time soon

I am back doing my Cardio Bounce and intend to alternate it with my 3 dusty Tae-Bo videos. There is a new one out for abs and glutes (and boy is by gluteous maximus ) so I might get this one and let it collect dust with the other 3.

I pink, therefore I am

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 01-22-2002 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:26 AM   #11  
Phat Chick

Still me, just a slight name change

Let's see how long I can post in pink before it gets on everyone's nerves
Old 01-22-2002, 10:18 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

BFB- I like the Phat!! How did you manage to keep your status though? Pink may work for the day, before I'm tempted to hop the next flight to the UK and strangle you!!

Nanci- Hope Tuesday has found you in better spirits?

Bailey- I can't be of much help in the fruit department...I realized I have not been getting it in either! I mean, I usually have a yogurt, which is one, and my OJ, which is another...and a dairy. Actually, I think the yogurt is a dairy also, isn't it? And I usually have some kind of veggies for dinner, and occassionally a salad with lunch...but in the winter, I have to force myself to eat salad. I don't think I get five a day in all the time though. A fruit smoothie sounds yummy though. Just keep plugging along til you get back in the swing!

My boss is in the office this week, as well as the training director from the UK, so I don't know if I'll get to stop by as often. On a good note, I'll have cable/internet/phone when I get home tonight!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-22-2002, 10:30 AM   #13  
Phat Chick

LBH see you in London
Old 01-22-2002, 01:48 PM   #14  

HELLO

Another tough day yesterday - I was over in pts. I am pmsing - maybe that is why I'm so hungry?? Will have to see if that is a pattern . .

Bailey - yeah on the fruit! Hope you got it down! I like fruit, but I still have trouble getting it in. No problem on the veggies though.

BPB - yeah on all the exercise you're planning!

gotta run - hungry for lunch

Rabbit
Old 01-22-2002, 01:54 PM   #15  
LBH

I'll see if I can stow away in the guy's suitcase that's here this week!!
Closed Thread