Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Talking Dieting with Diabetes - January '07

Good Morning all you wonderful Sugar-Babies and a very, very

Well . . . here we are . . . a whole new month . . . a whole new year . . . a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness. If you are a continuing member . . . to our new thread. If you are a brand new member . . . well, and to the Diabetes Support forum.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #2  
stbakd

hi meowee.
glen
Old 01-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #3  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

Hi all ... found out whats been raising the blood G its the large amount of balongi ..and also making me retain the water ..no weight loss today but..no gain ..now iam watching every thing I put in my mouth for salt content ... did 21 min of treadmill ..and walked up and down the stairs 7 times ...does that count????? if not my body is in pain for nothing whaaaaaaaa
Anyway .. you members are the greatest!!!!! Annie
Old 01-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Hi Glen . . . Glad to see you found us.

Hi Annie . . . You too. Is there a lot of carb in bologna? I know it is high in salt and high in fat; but what has it got that has had such an impact on BGL?

I've been having a good day, all things considered, but I am a little ache-y in a lot of places. It's kind of damp and quite icy here.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of evening, gang. Hope everybody else finds us, too.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #5  
LowCarb/Diabetic

Hi linda ... The doctor tells me that salt raises my already
very high blood pressure... when the blood pressure goes up, so does the blood G.. I dont think there are carbs in balongna? And I swear that I believe that laughing raises my bgl and b/p ..why not everything else does
anyway onward and upward.. if its not one thing its another
Old 01-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Thanks . . . even after all these years as a Type II . . . I really did not know that high BP would mean high BG. Actually thought it was more likely to work the other way around.

One of the things I love about 3FC . . . always learning new and valuable info.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #7  
LowCarb/Diabetic

yw linda.. your also right as well . High blood sugar will also run your b/p numbers high ..its all a visious circle...and stress and everything else to go with it ..... Iam also learning more and more everday..But I think it will keep us more healthy the more we know ...
Old 01-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #8  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi you all just a drive by to say ! We went to my friends for a wonderful prime rib dinner and I ate way to much but was so good,,took my bs before i left and it was 96 to early to take the byetta shot so will take it a little later tonight so I don't skip it altogether,,am suppose to get on the scale tuesday,,,sure don't want to,,but am starting all over and should know where I am I guess,,my new years resolution is to just try my very,,very best and be honest with myself,,which always isn't easy for me,,,anyway will see about the wt maybe I will just behave and get on it on friday ? gosh I am a whinner sometimes,,,

So have a great one you all and I hope to talk to you all soon and I hope the new years fresh start gets us all in the mood to help ourselfs and each other

Later friends,,,Jeanne
Old 01-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #9  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Blackeye peas and ham for dinner... we are going all out on the luck part this year: not to mention the salad greens for $$$ ! I need all the help I can get!

I did get on the evil metal monster this morning... Said 179. Considering that my all time low is 176, I don't feel too bad. I even jumped on it a second time to make sure it was right.

Anywho, it's the start of SP this week, I will let you all know how it goes.

Hugs,
Old 01-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #10  

Hey everyone! Happy New Year! I hope its a great one, and we all end it lighter than we started!

I am sick with some kind of intestinal flu and my bg numbers are the worst I have seen in six months. I have not taken any meds..so I just took a glimperide (Amaryl) in hopes it will bring it down some. I did eat some traditional foods...greens for greenbacks, rice for riches, peas for prosperity and ham for happiness...but just a bite or two of each. I had a can of chicken noodle soup and a good amount of pretzels. I hope I am back up to snuff tomorrow. I want to get the tree down, and clean up the house, but the way I feel right now makes me think it will not happen unless there is a vast improvement over night! (I hope I can sleep..I slept most of the day!)

Talk to you all later!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Good to see so many of you making it back . . . nowhere to go but down the long road to health and fitness, gang . . . together we can do it.

My but I have led a sheltered (or is that frozen) life, MONETand JOSIAN. Never heard of the happiness-ham / greenback-greens / prosperity-peas / rice-riches kind of New Year's dinner before. I love it . . . . . . this is definitely my day for learning new things.

I'm more a roast beef kind of girl, too JEANNE and Lamb is my very favourite for New Years. Suprisingly enough though, I did have ham for dinner tonight, but with tiny red potatoes, asparagus, and carrots . . . nothing traditional about it; just happened to be what I felt like.

Anyway, gang . . . it is time for this Nor-Easter to head to bed. See you all tomorrow . . . keep on moving and shaking.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #12  

Morning...the bug is still with me. I feel wretched, and my hubby had to go back to work today, so I am on my own.

One GOOD thing about having the flu...my weight is down 4 pounds since Sunday. I just hope it stays down. Those were four that appeared during the thyroid fiasco. I would dearly love it if they and their friends left permanently!

I ordered a new book off Amazon called the Fat Resistance Diet. I will let you all know what I think when it gets here and I have a chance to read it. It is supposed to optimize Leptin, so I am more curious about it. Leptin resistance is supposedly the real problem with many health problems, diabetes included. I read in another book if you are insulin resistant, you are also leptin resistant. They are just beginning to understand leptin so it an interesting subject.

Ok, gotta go crawl back in bed... later my friends!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, buddies . . .

It is very mild and raining here today . . . got rid of the snow and ice (a good thing) . . . but plays havoc with the arthritis (a bad thing).

Overall, though, I'm in a happy place today . . . the "goodie-weight" has gone and I was back to my ticker-weight of 239.8 this morning . . . yippee . . . so glad my little theory actually proved out and it did go pretty quickly. Sure hope it works that way for all of you, too. Anyway, I've completely changed my ticker to reflect the new year, new effort on this long winding road to better health and fitness. I will now return to my regular WWI, however. This has been a one of a kind thing . . . sort of a special "getting rid of Christmas" week during which I was weighing myself everyday, just to see how long it would take.

MONET . . . So sorry to hear that you are still feeling so awful, but I do hope that weight loss hangs in there after the flu is gone. The new book sounds like a fascinating read . . . be sure to keep us posted.

Well, gang . . . must get off about my business. Keep things moving and shaking and here's a dose of to keep us all heading in the great downward direction. See you soon.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Time to get back to real life! My BGL was up again to 6 something - probably had something to do with lasagna, bread and trifle yesterday - ya think?

Monet, I do hope that weightloss sticks and you get to feeling A-OK soon.

Meowee, we are mild here too with no snow. The snowdrops beside my walk are showing white and will probably bloom today! Very strange! By the way, I find that taking glucosamine really helps those damp weather aches and pains.

Today is a catching up and shifting gears day. Here's to a healthy 2007!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Right you are RUTH . . .

If it wasn't for the Glucosamine I take, I'm not sure I'd be walking at all . . . I also take Shark Cartilage and I've been out for a few days . . . thanks for the reminder.

And, yepper, that sounds like a pretty hefty dose of carb . . . this, too will pass.
Closed Thread