Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #1  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again..#1082

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.
:WELCOME:

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #2  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Heather - 3 pounds over the holidays isn't so bad, especially considering you consciously made the decision to relax your eating just a bit. I know you know that. You know what to do you get those 3 pesky pounds off. You're a proven success!

flawlesscube - Way to go getting 30 minutes in on the Gazelle. I know what you mean feeling wobbly coming off it. Heck, I feel wobbly getting on it! It is a bit dangerous, if you ask me, but I've finallly figured out how to get on the thing without breaking my neck! I need to get mine out again. I put it away a couple of weeks ago and haven't bothered to get it out lately, choosing other forms of exercise instead. I think I get it out for tomorrow's workout.

Sandy - Hope that Tylenol and the endorphins from the workout kick that headache of yours to the curb!!!

Nathan - I'll have to add "Eragon" to my list of books to read. My list is so long I'll probably never get through it. I have a bad habit of buying books faster than I can read them. Right now I have banned myself from buying more until I finish the ones I have. I may have to make an exception for Eragon though. Thanks for suggesting it. I love to hear what others are reading.

Zelma - My thoughts and prayers are with your father, that his condition may improve, and with your entire family, that you all may be strong through this time.

Nancy - How have you been doing? I think I remember you saying you were going out of town for the weekend. Hope you made it back safely and the trip helped you to clear your head and feel a bit better. to you.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #3  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

flawlesscube Great job getting on your gazelle.
I got on mine, and yes, Xena, the headache is gone.
I had a glass of diet Pepsi, worked on the gazelle and cleaned
up our Christmas stuff. The tree is put away, furninture put back
etc........
Now, if the laundry would just do itself.
Gotta go exchange dd's present from Grandpa. He got her a bike and
it's WAY too big....which is my fault cuz I helped pick it.
I'm hoping I can find just a few more stocking on clearance. I love the
little ones on the tree. I want to get more for my grandkids.
Later gaters!
Sandy
Old 01-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #4  

happy new year everyone.i for one am glad for things to be getting back to normal. tuesday will be my first official day of my OP and exercise. most of today has been spent cleaning up my house from 2 weeks of neglect lol!
Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Just got back into town from New Year's travels (to Jeff's mother's house out in the middle of nowhere). I planned a little for my eating, but also ate more than usual, but it shouldn't be a problem since I've been so strict this whole holiday season. I even peeked at the scale when we got home (after I'd already had a breakfast of WHITE bread French toast with regular maple syrup and powdered sugar plus a few candies), and it still only saif 285, so I am hoping to still be able to whip out a loss by the time TOPS weigh-in comes around on Thursday evening. I didn't get in any exercise yesterday or today, but it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow (icky and rainy all day today), so I'm hoping to actually get in 90 minutes of exercise tomorrow (my usual 30 in the wee morning hours and then a 60-minute walk after work). That will make up for missing my 30 minutes today and yesterday

I'll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow--right now, I require a MAJOR nap since I hardly slept at all last night (thanks to a horribly uncomfortable air mattress and a nosey big dog who wouldn't leave me alone!).
Old 01-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #6  

Talking

Hello Chickies!

I probably should be working and will again soon, but wanted to pop by and post. I really wanted to sit down and do a lot of replies, but I'm settling for only one and that is to Catherine - I want to offer my condolences as well on the death of your Godmother. It's such a shame that you can't leave Canada for an event such as this - that seems very cruel not to be able to make an exception for a funeral. Thank you for your reply to my last post - you are right, even when (not if - when) I get to a weight I'm happy with, it's not like this process will be over - this is forever and it's helpful to remember that sometimes.

Obviously, "resolution" #1 is to work toward goal. I have to say this new year is feeling very good so far - (a whole day in! ) I'm up to 20 minutes on the eliptical now and that feels so good! Hard to believe now that when we got the thing my first time I did only 3 minutes and thought I'd DIE! My fridge is full of healthy things again and I feel very positive. I plan on trying a lot harder this year to not only watch my points but to eat healthy...more fruits and vegggies, more whole grains, getting in my water and dairy, etc. and eating IN more - plan ahead and cook instead of ordering out! I'm sure I'll still have days when I look at the clock at 9 p.m. and haven't eaten a single veggie...but I'm going to work to make those days few and far between. Healthier food and more exercise. We all know that's a winning combination!

I have three other "resolutions" of sorts.
#2. To be more fiscally responsible! - To do that we will operate on a cash-only basis, not dip into savings and use "found money" like tax refunds to pay bills instead of take vacations.
#3. To be a better housekeeper. - To do this I plan on doing a little dusting/vacuuming/ect every day, even if it's only for 10 minutes while dinner cooks.
#4. To catch up and stay caught up at work! Harder than the others, I'm so very far behind...but I will be spending less time on the internet and more time on Word and likely also spend a bit more time at home with files - but what must be done, must be done.

Toward accomplishment of #4 - I best get off here! to all and another big HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Happy new year everyone! It's rainy and just generally yucky here today, so instead of walking outside I'm "hall walking" (starting in the lobby, go up one flight of stairs, walk the l-o-n-g hall, then go up the flight at the other end of the hall, and so on and so forth. Takes a half-hour to do the building). I still have a week to work from home and am taking advantage of it -- cleaning, throwing out trash, etc. I have one more dinner party this week that I really don't want to go to, but I'm planning for it.

I've been losing and regaining 8-10 pounds siince October, and managed to regain 4 pounds this past week. My goal for this year is to lose 20 pounds every quarter, and exercise at least 20 minutes a day. That should be doable.

Have a good New Year's Day, everyone!

Last edited by Xan; 01-01-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Heather - 3 pounds over the holidays isn't so bad, especially considering you consciously made the decision to relax your eating just a bit. I know you know that. You know what to do you get those 3 pesky pounds off. You're a proven success!
Xena -- You're right about it not being bad! I'm not too concerned about the weight gain itself... but I seem to be a bit out of control (more than I thought) and that's going to have to be my goal for this first month. Get the eating more under control. If I do that, I will probably lose this bit of weight... but the main thing is not to KEEP gaining! I'm not feeling like a success lately!

And my other goal is to increase the intensity of my cardio. I've been kind of half hearted about it.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #9  
Releasing the inner hiker

Sandy, just a quick note to say your exercise this morning inspired me to do mine. I was a bit tired earlier and not feeling well, and thinking about the excuses I could give for not exercising. I logged on and noticed that you had already done your gazelle and thought, "well, Sandy exercised, so I should too." Then I popped in Leslie.

Thanks.

Hope everyone else is having a productive day. Tomorrow my vacation ends, which will be a good, as I do much better when I'm focused and on a consistent schedule.

Oh, and Jill, I'll be joining you tomorrow for early morning exercise. I've already set my alarm for 3:50, with the intent of exercising (with chipper Leslie) from 4-4:30a.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm doing a bit better today. Today is a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics, so I was off to church to sing this morning. I'm in the choir, and since I'm the tallest, I usually take the boards down with the hymn numbers. On the right side, they put this nice nativity scene with the 3 wise men about 10 feet behind it with a potted palm plant. It looks really nice, but seriously creeps me out. They have been slowly moving the 3 wise men closer to the nativity as we get closer to Epiphany. It reminds me of one of those horror movies where a doll in the background moves closer every time the camera pans back and forth. So I’m keeping my eye on these wise men to make sure they aren’t actually moving on their own, and when I turn around with the big board in hand, I step right of the altar and fall on my face. Luckily it was early enough that there were only a couple of people in the church, but I think my choir director and priest lost a couple of years off their life. They both know I’ve only been walking a little over two years, and only over a year well, so it scared the crap out of them. Then when I had to explain that I fell because I was scared of the 3 wise men—well, you can imagine.

At least my husband wasn’t there yet. We only live two blocks away, and I go early for choir practice, so he sleeps in until the last minute. I had to assure them that I wasn’t hung over from last night. I had spent the evening retired to my bedroom while himself entertained a half a dozen bachelor friends who had no where else to go. I came out to get something, and the living room was filled with empty pizza boxes, bags of chips, and apple pie, and non-alcoholic beer. It took a surprisingly short amount of time for him to turn the living room into a frat house. At least they weren’t all sitting in their boxers. It was -12 last night, so no one was sitting around in their skivvies.

I do know one thing, it is a new year, and as long as there is life, there is promise, and next year I’m going to eat my black-eyed peas for breakfast so I’ll be protected from making a spectacle of myself before noon.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Catherine -- oW! I hope you're doing okay!!!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy New Year

Hello All,

Just a quick post to first of all say to you all. Also just want to report that my diet holiday ends NOW. I weighed this morning and I gained 7 lbs, pretty much what I expected. Oh why can't it be so easy to lose as it is to gain Anyway I am more than ready to be on track again and have changed my tickers accordingly. I now have 9 lbs to go until I lose my first 100 lbs. This year I will do it AND carry on losing. I even changed my ultimate goal weight from 196 to 168. I figure I can definitely get there so time to put it on the ticker.

I look forward to sharing your weight loss journey's and have you share mine. Take care all and here's looking forward to lots of weight loss for us all in 2007

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #13  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys

Just popping in before I head to bed. I had a productive day at home. I made all the meals for the week (work lunches and all snacks) and only have to worry about one meal per day. I'm going to try the smoothie thing this week for work. Going to take them to work with me and see how that goes. I got an awesome little mini blender thing for christmas and we tried it out while we were partying last night. Made great margarita's!!

So with that all planned for tomorrow, Hubby and I are heading to bed. He is only going for a nap since he has to go in to work for midnight but I think I am in need of a long nights rest.

I am planning on joining Jilly and AliceEap for early morning workout sessions before work. Anyone else want to join us????

Have a great night and day tomorrow. I'll chat after work
Brenda
Old 01-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #14  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Okay really have to get to bed for a nap before work. woke up earlier starving, huh? so was very good and had my shake and green beans. Can't believe I never ate those before I actually like them. Well better hit the sack before bf's pizza cools I don't want any.
Great to hear everyone exercising today wtg. tomorrow is my 12 hour shift for the week starting at 11pm tonight so we will see how it goes. and I turn 32 tomorrow, I keep forgeting that. maybe not a bad thing
nite everyone. new year
Old 01-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #15  

Hey everyone-

I hope you all had a great New Year's!

Not to be a downer but I am really fighting off getting depressed. I think its just one of those days. But when I was in the store I got some really nasty disgusted looks. I know that some of those stares were because I look so big. And it just hurts. It makes me feel like a freak! I just don't want this weight to cause me to have more social anxiety. It just feels so hard some days. I am trying to be more positive but its just so hard when people are so rude. I know I will be alright and will lose this weight. Guess I just needed to vent.

On a more positive note. I am moving out of the Arctic! I will see trees and sunlight. Oh and as I mentioned before the new apartments we are moving to has a 24 hour nice work out room! So no more walking back and forth in the house! And also I have a great NSV I turned down a bag of Funjuns! (chips)

Hope you all are doing alright.
Closed Thread