Old 12-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Default Beat The Bulge~ Game 12!!!

Here we go!!!!
Happy New Year to everyone!
Now get your butts in gear and let's beat the bulge! LOL!
Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by Wide in Winnipeg; 12-31-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

Good morning to everyone,

Just wanted to quickly pop in and wish everyone good luck for Day 1, may we all get on track and stay there!!

I'll be checking back tonight,
MyOwnSaboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Morning gals. I'm starting the year off with some kind of yucky cold/flu. It'll be a day of lots of fluids and rest for me.

Hope everyone else had a great night last night. Well, I know we've got some new people coming into this game, so in order to get to know one another, let us know a little about yourself. I'll go first.

I started this weightloss thing last Jan. 1st. I lost until I was happy (Just under 130) but have gained back btwn 15-20 lbs. and need to buckle down. I love to exercise-run, turbokick, spin class, softball in the summer, hike, kayak. I dont however like to diet. I havent found the happy balance of control for maintenance, so I'm back with a bit to lose.

I'm 33, married, no kids, 2 dogs. I'm a piano teacher/church organist/glass artist.

Well, my coffee is ready so I'll be back later.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Well I'm back and need to lose the 4-5 pounds I out back on over the holidays. It was fun time off but now I need to buckle back down and continue loosing.

I am married SAHM of 4 (girls 9,8,2 and boy 3).
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

okay, I am here. Today is the start of a new year and I am BACK on plan and starting slim fast for one meal a day - today it will be dinner I have it for. I dunno how much I gained over christmas - I did weigh in this morning at 171.4 but I am sure a few pounds of that is water... I'll count that as my starting for this game tho. But I am not changing my ticker till my offical weigh in this saturday. I am back to using fit day today tho

Tomorrow I will start back with exercise and drinking all my water.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this site.
I'm Anne! I'm 31, married and have 2 adorable little boys. They are 2 and 7 months. I have been overweight since I was a teenager, which is no fun. I have tried to lose it before, but never stuck with it.
But this time, I have an important reason. I want to be able to keep up to the kids. And I need to be healthy to do that.
So far, since Christmas, I've lost 5 lbs!! All I;ve done is watch what I eat, drink more water, and try to exercise every day!

I really look forward to working on this with all of you!!!
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone!!!
The computer was acting up again today, did the same thing last year as I recall!
Just going next door for dinner, must behave, it's a ham dinner and I love ham!!!
Have a great day!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I have started back on my fitday today. I haven't used it in a couple months and since I need to get back on track I figured it would help. I am also not changing my ticker right away just my goal. My official weigh in day is Sunday so I will change my ticker them......RELUNCTANLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide in Winnipeg View Post
Hi Everyone!!!
The computer was acting up again today, did the same thing last year as I recall!
Just going next door for dinner, must behave, it's a ham dinner and I love ham!!!
Have a great day!
Enjoy your ham! I hate ham! lol

So far I hav done very well today!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Wink

to all the newbies and to all the oldies!

My name is Shari, I'm 20, and I started gaining weight when I was nine. I have gone through deep, dark depression and low self esteem until I got to the point when I realized that there was no way I was leaving this earth anytime soon so I might as well make the most of my time here. I'm not Miss Sunshine by no means but I'm much better than I used to be. I've been doing this WL thing for over a year but recently it just suddenly 'clicked' in my head. I realized that I had been in too much of a rush. Now, I'm not. I'm in this for the long haul and I'm in this for me. Hope to get to know some new folks soon!

What did yall do for New Years Eve? I had to work today so I wasn't planning on staying up late but stupid me just had to turn it to USA network. They were playing a Law & Order: SVU marathon and since that is my FAVORITE L&O branch, I ended up staying up till almost 2 in the morning switching between SVU and the Rome season 1 disc I got from Netflix even though I knew I had to get up a 4 to get ready for work! Yeah, I'm such a goof!

Do yall do New Years Goals? Here are some of mine:

* Reach ONEderland by my 21st birthday (7/29/07).

* Move into my own place and buy a car (which will happen when I recieve my income tax check).

* Get a position outside of food service.

* Save up enough money by March to get my mama that Rottweiler puppy for her birthday (SHHH! Don't tell!).

* Finally start some college courses.

*Take charge of the last aspects of my adult life by paying my own cell phone bill.

* Get out of the 'extra' debt I'm in.

* Get my own computer.

* Finally hatch my Triops.

* Get my sharkfish.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Goals? I sure do have a couple

1. I want to lose the rest of the weight - hope to reach 130 by July 23 - but I'll see
2. I also want to work on saving money - I would like to save at least 3000 this year (hoping for more like 5000 - but stuff happens).

That's my main two goals - I am sure there are more small ones. I have never really set goals any other year, but I know I can reach these two!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #12  

So I did well with the ham, turns out my jaw started hurting and it was hard to chew so I only at a little. I'm going to have some chicken in a mug (just broth) and get the hot water bottle out to put on my face.
Heres my goals for this year:
*Do and finish the Power 90 dvd workout (3 months)
*finally get that divorce! LOL!
*find me a nice young man to date
*grow my hair
*teach Ryan how to skate and swim
*take dance lessons
*go back to school(keep your fingers crossed!)
I'm sure I'll think of more as the night wears on! LOL!
Well, better go get that soup, have a good sleep!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies,

Good luck for all of you that set goals for yourselves, I hope they are all met!! I didn't bother because I always cave and never seem to be able to meet them, so my only goal is my weightloss goal which is really on hold for another 4 or so months.

Just a bit of a background on me. I am a SAHM of 4 beautiful children (waves hand excitedly at canadian mom) 3 girls ages, 8, 6 and 4 and 1 boy age 2. I started my weightloss last January since we were finished having children (lol) I thought it was time to get in shape. I had lost a total of 42lbs when in September I found out we were going to be having a very unexpected surprise next May. I was very upset as I had worked so hard and with this news and the recent loss of my father, I fell off the wagon and indulged in all I had been denying myself before, needless to say the pounds came back very quickly and I have come back with my tail between my legs in hopes that I might make it through the rest of this pregnancy and maintain the weight I am at right now.

Today I did fairly well, I drank all my water and ate really well however I decided to take Wendy's advice and not overdue it. I have decided to for go the exercise until I get over this cold and the kids start letting me get some sleep.

On that note I am tired and should cuddle up in bed and get some much needed sleep before the kids start waking me and calling me out of bed!!

I look forward to getting to know some of you and getting reaquainted with the others. Have a good night everyone
MyOwnSaboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #14  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Courtnie, you're a Lea too? YAY!

Wendy, sorry about your jaw but happy you wasn't able to overdo it with the ham.

HI MONICA! Good to see you and #5!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #15  

Did anyone use the cranberry juice trick???? LOL!

Well I guess I should tell you a little about myself,
I'm a single mom to Ryan who is 3, he's the best! And I love him more than anything!I started loosing weight about a year and a bit ago, been more off than on because of different medical problems but I'm doing quite well considering!At this point I'm more concerned with toning than loosing the weight but if I can manage to loose the last 10 in doing so that will be a bonus!The reason I decided to loose the weight was so I could keep up to Ryan and so I could be heathy because RJ needs me to be!
Off to bed soon, I'm getting up super early to get a workout in before my tweedlebugs wakes up!
Ciao