Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Arrow Finally weigh LESS then my overweight DH!

Today is a really big day for me and I'm finding myself very, very emotional.

Today, Monday is my weigh-in day and I am down 6.5 lbs.! I knew had a good week, I increased my water intake, increased my exercise and decreased my calories a bit.

Today is 17 weeks since I started this venture. I started at 287 lbs, just 13 away from 300, and now 17 weeks later I weigh 210, 10 away from 200. So what once was almost 300 is now almost 200 .

And finally, I weigh less then my 215 lb, 5ft 7 1/2 inches husband. This is really big for me. I looked forward to this day for a loooong time. When I started this venture DH weighed 235, but then HE kept on dropping the pounds as well, not that I'm complaining. So everytime I thought I was getting closer to catching him, he keeps on going down. But finally I caught up and SURPASSED him.

It just always bothered me that I weighed so much more then him. People would tell him all the time he's got to lose weight, it's not healthy.... But they never said a word to me.

And I am very emotional for some reason. I can't stop tearing up. This was 20 years in the making, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

Thank you so much for listening to my long ramble. You guys are the greatest!!!

Wishing everyone here an incredible New Year, full of joy, peace, prosperity and phenomenal health. And lots of weightloss success too.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #2  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Wow that's great. Men do lose weight alot easier than women so this is awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Won't be long and you will be in Onederland

TwoPeas
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Good for you! Exciting! Way to go!
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, I know how good that feels. I was never so happy as when I stepped on the scale and weighed less than my DH for the first time ever. It seemed every time I got close, he'd lose a few lbs. too. I now weigh 40 lbs. less than him and it's an awesome feeling. I love it when he says, "you couldn't wear these, they'd be too big". Oh yeah! I think weighing less than him was my favorite achievement.
You have had absolutely awesome wt. loss success. WTG.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations! That is a huge success! I will be emotional when I pass that goal also. Since we've known each other, I've always weighed more than my husband. Originally only 5 - 10 lbs more, but at my heaviest over 120 lbs more than my husband. He's lost weight in the last year also, so although I weigh less than he did when we both started, now he's near my goal weight. And he hasn't really made much effort, just eating what I cook for supper, then eating what he wants the rest of the time.

Congratulations for such a fantastic weigh-in. You're doing so well!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #7  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Great job!!!

I teared up reading your post. I am soooooo happy for you.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #8  
KYcatfan

S/C/G: 148.5/145.5

Height: 5'2"

I just joined LAWL last week. I'm into day 4 (after TakeOff). It's been hard to stick w/plan. I feel hungry alot! Does anyone have recommendation for supplements that are equivalent to LAWL?
KYcatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Thank you ALL so, so much for your congrats ladies. It means the world to me, which is why I suppose we post these things.

And I must tell you Lilybelle, when I first signed onto 3FC, back on Sept.16, I just checked the date, I must tell you, you were one of the first success stories that I had seen. You're pictures amazed me and INSPIRED me as well as every post you contribute to this site. And you continue to amaze and INSPIRE me and for that I thank you. You have no idea how helpful it is to see someone who has struggled, finally succeed and maintain their weightloss . Kudos to you.

And jtammy, you as well, what inspiration you provide to me and so many others. I hang onto every word you say. How lucky I am to gain from your experience.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #10  

That is great. Mondays are my weigh in days also. I just started on Chirstmas so today was my first weigh in. I was down 3 pounds. I am thrilled with just 3 pounds. I have started drinking water again so that might have had something to do with it. I am really wanting this to work this time. I am going to come to this group everyday I think seeing other struggle helps me know that I am not alone.

Rachel
desperaterachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #11  

Wow! That's a major accomplishment! I'm so proud of you!

Weighing less than my skinny-butt husband is a goal that I am REALLY looking forward to reaching, too.

Yay!!!
tamibeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #12  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

oh my gosh!! congratulations!! did you tell him?? wow, your weight loss has been AMAZING!! you go girl!
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Woohooo!!!! That is GREAT!!!!!!
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

Again, thank you for the kind words.

Train, I haven't told him. Although he was wondering why I kept on asking him how much do you way today. He told me last week he was 215. I didn't think he lost 5 lbs this past week. But I wanted to double check. I finally talked him into getting back on the scale, you know it's the New Year and everything I told him and he went on - and it was 215.

The only people in the world who know what I weigh is you guys here at 3FC.
My doctor also knows what I weighed in September, my last check up. I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable telling ANYONE, even my wonderful husband and my EXTREMELY SUPPORTIVE BEYOND BELIEF 3 - teenaged daughters, just how badly my weight skyrocketed out of control. . I mean obviously they could SEE it, there's NO WAY to hide or disguise it. But to hear the actual numbers, I just don't know.

In fact it's come to the point where I am not sure to even tell people how much I've lost (77lbs) because eventually they're gonna figure it out. So when I do get to goal and yes I'm gonna get there, I'm not sure if I will tell people that I've lost a whopping 162 lbs. I'll just have to deal with that bridge when I get to it.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

rockinrobin - I just have to tell you that you are awesome!!! I had chills on my arms as I read your post. You were one of the first people I read about on here, and you are an inspiration to me!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote