UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 08:53 PM   #1  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Default JANUARY 2007! Chit chat time

Happy New Year everyone. here's to having it healthy, wealthy and happy for all

Hope you are all well and not to hung over if at all.

I have a glass of wine in hand, some sausage rolls in the oven and we're just staying in and will watch the ball drop on telly in Times Square.

We've listened to Big Ben chime as Ted called and we put the phone on speaker and her turned the telly up

Happy 2007
Old 12-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #2  
Geeks ftw!

*newbie post*

Woo! I'm bored, new year was dull
Old 01-01-2007, 03:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Happy New Year everyone - I was in bed by 10pm and missed it all because of a nice dose of Moo Flu
Old 01-01-2007, 06:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hope your feeling a little better today Moo.

Well I've started the day with fruit yoghurt and some nuts on top oh how virtuous am I. I didn't have my customary quality streetssss. Today we are going to Mother-in-Laws for dinner then I shall go off to the hospital.

Welcome Squidger

Michele
Old 01-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Happy New Year, everyone.

My New Years Eve didn't go at all as planned! We had this big dinner/ball do planned - all posh frocks and tiaras - but the high winds were causing intermittant power failures at the venue so it was called off virtually at the last minute. I was quite glad, really - I hadn't been looking forward to it. It was quite a long drive away and the weather was awful (plus there are always other idiots on the road who drink/drive) so it was a journey we were both a bit worried about. We didn't get the phone call telling us it was off until we were virtually walking out the door - so we just decided to make the best of it and toddled off down the pub as we were. We caused a bit of a stir - you don't get many people dressed in ball gowns and dinner jackets in our sleepy little Yorkshire mining village - they are more pidgeon fancying, whippet owning, flat cap wearers round here.

Today is my last piggy out day - we're having a bunch of single friends round for a matchmaking pretend Christmas dinner. Yum!

I got the Diet Doctors' book for Christmas - and I've been making DH feel a bit by reading a few bits out loud to him. Its actually quite a sensible way of eating - reminds me of the Body for Life exercise and nutrition plan quite a lot, except missing out all the protein bars/drinks and replacing them with real food. I don't think I'll follow it slavishly but there are some very good ideas in there that I'm going to try out.

DH is off for a couple of days so we just came back from taking the dogs for a blowy walk in the woods and we've retrieved our whirly washing line, polytunnel greenhouse and garden shed from next door's garden where the wind blew them - just got to go and find where all my windchimes have gone now!

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 01-01-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #6  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

We stayed in last night with a couple of bottles red wine and some nibbles. We ended up watching a few old episodes of QI and then rang in the New Year with Jools Holland's Hootenanny. We were feeling merry about midnight and had a lovely snog and slow dance in the living room floor. Heck it even sounds boring as I'm typing it but it was actually very relaxing and sweet.

Today is my last pig out day, too, Sarah. Just a had a buttery but oh so delicious roasted asparagus pasta for lunch and then for dinner we always have ham, cabbage and black eyed peas. It's a tradition I'd be terrified to break! Although this year it'll be either bubble and squeak or colcannon with the ham. I'll give y'all my Southern grandmother's recipe for Hoppin' John, too. Black eyed peas are a MUST on New Year's Day. They'll bring you propserity and luck.

Hoppin John

11 oz of black eyed peas, cooked (found them at Asda over here, called black eyed beans and in an orange can next to borlotti and cannelini beans)

3 cups chicken stock

2 cups rice, cooked

1 medium onion, chopped

2 tbsp. olive oil

1 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp celery salt

pepper to taste

Sautee onion in butter til soft. Add black eyed peas and all other ingredients to pan (except rice) and cook 10 minutes. Serve over hot rice.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #7  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Happy New Year everyone.

Thank you for your get well wishes. I had an MRI last week and they diagnosed a bulging cervical disc. It's in my neck so I've to go and see a neurosurgeon. I'm on a bunch of pills now strong painkillers and steroids. At least I can lie down now.

Anyways here's to a good 2007. I will make your Hoppin' John Mummy Tummy.

Michele good to hear your dad is improving.

Moo feel better

Cheers everyone.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #8  

Hi Squidger , and welcome!

Happy New Year to one and all!

I actually enjoyed my Christmas though it was short and sweet. I had a nice time around my friend's on 29th and also into her neighbour's on 31st where all her family had congregated. We had a nice time watching Jools Holland and then switching over to watch the fireworks. It was really quiet on the way home!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #9  

Sorry - forgot to say I hoep you are better soon Moo. Poor Moo. And Clydegirl that sounds really painful.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #10  
Geeks ftw!

thanks for the welcome guys
Old 01-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #11  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Squidger

Well the deccies are down, the house looks all sad again now, but clean The outside lights and snowman and reindeer are still out, but that's cos it's been piddling down all day long so Dave said it'll wait until tomorrow.

CG, glad to hear that you've got better pain killers and are sleeping a bit better now just take it easy until you've seen the neuro person thingybob.

Moo, hope you're feeling better now too

So tomorrow is the big day or restarting our helthy lifestyle....I was invited over to my neighbours this afternoon and she gave me this little tin of homemade fudge (and there is rum in some of it ) and peanut butter balls, they are absolutely delish... so I'd better eat them this evening

Right, well time for a nice soaky bath...and some relaxation in front of the telly.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:32 AM   #12  

Hello all. I'm tired! We had a quiet New Year's Eve, I cooked a meal for Corey's parents, and showed off the ring!!! It's sapphire surrounded by diamonds, its very pretty.

Yesterday we had a party in our one bedroom flat with 40 of Corey's relatives and friends. It was crazy. I didn't drink much, but I feel really really tired!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:26 AM   #13  

I am now 47!!!!!!

I don't feel as day over ermmmm 46!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #14  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning!

Welcome Squidger

Ohhh OHHHHHHHHHH CG - that sounds horrible! Hope it gets better soon.
Happy Birthday, Peacock You're a mere spring chicken, m'girl!!!!

Kylie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You'll have to put up a piccy of the ring on the picture thread.

Chris - I'm sending LOTS of so you can RESIST those peanut butter balls and fudge!

Well.... I had a lovely evening last night - I had a pretend Christmas dinner (roast turkey with all the trimmings) for all our nicest single friends on the hopes that we could do a bit of match making - and we did - but it didn't turn out quite the way we'd expected. I am so dim sometimes! Not that it matters.... but my cunning plan was to invite equal numbers of men and women who (I thought) would get on and might find each other attractive. I sort of had boy/girl couples in mind .... I don't know why it didn't occur to me before .... successful, goodlooking, singletons .... and they always say the best looking blokes are gay .... well... at least I managed to matchmake for one happy couple - and apparent a couple of the girls exchanged phone numbers as well.

I'm on a 'cleansing' fruit & veg and herb/fruit teas only day, today - probably a good idea after the huge dinner I had last night.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #15  

Thanks Sarah Ann-re your reply to Chris - well - dust has no calories does it???!!!! Not according to Margorie from Fat fighters (Little Britain) anyway!
Closed Thread