Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking Does leptoprin(on tv) work?

I am thinking about ordering it, but i don't know if i really works or not.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:51 PM   #2  
it's always something

No.
It's just overpriced stimulants. We wrote an article about the product soon after it hit the market, and received THOUSANDS of email from people that used it or ordered it and then cancelled it after they read our article. No one said it worked, some said it made them sick. One person had to go to the Emergency room after an extreme reaction, and the customer service wouldn't even tell the hospital what was in it until the doctor faxed them a letter.

I'd stay away.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:24 AM   #3  

Thanks, i'll take your advice. Is there any weight loss pill out there that actually does show results in normal women, not just from actors on television?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #4  

good advice
Old 12-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

If diet pills worked, we would all be using them, and we would all be thin.

And most of the time, they don't even really work on the actors on tv. I've read an article once that said most times, they do the "after" shots of the models FIRST, then they gain a bunch of weight for the "before" shots. They don't even really use the product at all most of the time.

Oh, and non-prescription diet pills (anything you can buy in a store or order from tv without a doctor's prescription) are NOT controlled by the FDA, so they can put any crazy ingedients in them they want and make as many false claims as they want. If you read the label on the packaging for just about ANY diet pill out there, it will guarantee results "when combined with sensible diet and exercise." Well, duh

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is--heard it a million times before, I know, but it is true. Also, if you're skeptical enough about something to have to ask the question, then it's probably not worth the trouble.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetyandme View Post
Thanks, i'll take your advice. Is there any weight loss pill out there that actually does show results in normal women, not just from actors on television?
No.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #7  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I was stupid and bought the generic form of Leptoprin. It was horrible. I had only taken 2 pills. I was sick for 3 days and I actually tempoarily lost hearing in my right ear. I'll never be stupid enough to buy pills for weightloss again.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:56 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielady View Post
I was stupid and bought the generic form of Leptoprin. It was horrible. I had only taken 2 pills. I was sick for 3 days and I actually tempoarily lost hearing in my right ear. I'll never be stupid enough to buy pills for weightloss again.
OMG! I am so sorry to hear that! Did they have a warning of that might happening on the label? I'd get the company for that!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #9  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetyandme View Post
OMG! I am so sorry to hear that! Did they have a warning of that might happening on the label? I'd get the company for that!
It has a list of warnings, and I read them thinking, "I don't have any health problems, so I'm OK taking them." I was wrong, but I didn't think I'd be so sick from it. Oh well, lesson learned.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:31 AM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Yeah and those actresses they get sometimes they get two totally different people for the before and after shots, because I had a manager that did the "after" shots, she was very thin. Crazy what they do to sell these worthless products!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #11  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Yeah and those actresses they get sometimes they get two totally different people for the before and after shots, because I had a manager that did the "after" shots, she was very thin.
I've wondered that! Sometimes the photos look too different I know a producer that told me they usually tape the "after" shots first, then pay them to gain weight so they can shoot the "before". But I had a feeling some of the photos I've seen were from different people. Thanks for the info
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #12  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Veggielady, I did the same thing. Bought it for 40 dollars at walmart, and I felt SO weird & was sick as a dog. I am glad they gave me my money back!

Then a couple of months ago I fell for the trick of Trimspa, and that didn't make me sick at all..just very energetic/jittery..and I didn't see ANY weight loss results AT ALL.

All diet pills are RIP OFFS!

Never fall for them! Just laugh when you see them in the stores or on the television. That's what I do now.
Closed Thread