South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! Dec. 30 and 31

The last two days of 2006 are here! Six geese a-laying are to arrive but I don't hear them yet! Some folks around here keep them as a sort of alarm system!

You know, much as I love Christmas, I'll be glad to get back to "normal". My jaunt to Ottawa yesterday was the last of the away-from-home food things for a while. I do have a couple of non-dinner parties coming up but can handle them by just avoiding the buffet or helping to pass stuff. It's the sitting at a table with friends and chatting and nibbling that is the culprit.

Today will be an on track day. I have just started a huge pot of veggie soup and will have that for lunch and, if I have company, will jazz it up with some pesto. I'm going to zip through the house with the vacuum, put away some of the big party platters, work in a visit to Harry and maybe even read more of that book for my club where I am discussion leader. I guess I need to read the darn thing!

What's your agenda for today?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/150/135

Height: 5'6

OMG CHICKS!! I am down to 150!! Four LBS this week! I have not been this low all year and I feel fantastic and I swear my tummy looks flatter. Probably just water weight but I'll take it! I love SBD!

And on to my day dum da da dum....

I am going....

WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING!! YAY!! My mother-n-law to be and I are going up to Ft. Meyers (FL) to go to this huge bridal store and try em on. I'm so excited I can't wait! Must go shower and get ready.

Have a fantastically sunny day on the beach girls!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Good going, Dollink! Do you know how to change your ticker?
So nice to see you joining us on the daily chat.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:59 AM   #4  

Good morning!

Ruth I agree- I always enjoy the holidays, but like it when life settles back to normal. My plan for the day is to continue cleaning! Today's task is our bedroom- we only have one dresser, so most of DH's clothes are piled in stacks in our closet. Should be quite the chore, but will again feel great once it is done. My mom has been a gem helping me get through everything.

Mike This way of eating really is wonderful. 4 pounds is awesome and although some of it is water weight, it is also just healthy eating!! Have fun dress shopping today!

Me- After 2 days of on plan eating, I was rewarded with 159 on the scale! Yippee! I will change my ticker tomorrow if it sticks in the morning.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #5  

Good morning. I really need to stay away from the salty stuff. Content and cals are good for me. Too much salty stuff.I am puffy.
A house full today. Another looong weekend. No plans for New Years.

HUGS!!!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #6  

Ruth - Veggie soup sounds wonderful. I need to throw dinner in the crockpot and make a grocery list. Soup just fits this weather we've been having. I only have one event left this holiday and it is New Year's Eve. I'm bringing deviled eggs so I'll have something to snack on.

Mike - Wedding gown shopping is so much fun! Mine from when I married DH is way too huge now and I can actually squeeze into the one I wore when I was 19 (almost 25 years ago) but it doesn't look as good on me as it did then. Things start to sag when you have a child and lose this much weight. Have fun!

Kiko - Congrats on the loss. I'm up quite a few pounds this month. I'll just get it back off next month. We stayed in the house all day yesterday. I didn't even make it to the gym in all that rain. Brian was not thrilled when we told him we had to shut down the computers so he couldn't play his Zoo Tycoon on his PC (he still has it on his Nintendo DS but that isn't new so I guess it isn't the same). It did give him an opportunity to catch up on the reading he was supposed to be doing. He's reading a Nancy Drew book I read when I was a kid. I check - it was written in 1940! I have had to explain some things that just aren't around any more

Holly - Salty foods do it to me too. Try drinking lots of water.

Me - I slept in this morning and have already had breakfast. I need to start dinner and then head to the gym. Right now it is overcast and grey but I don't hear any thunder. I also have to get to the store of Brian won't have enough milk for dinner (and maybe not enough for lunch). He loves milk!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning, Everyone! Can you believe 2006 is almost over?!

Ruth: I agree with you. While I LOVE the holidays, I really am ready to get back to our normal schedule. Enjoy your visit with Harry and I hope you get time to read some of your book!

Mikes: Congrats on losing 4 lbs! I bet you feel wonderful! Nothing like that for a confidence booster before trying on your dresses! I remember when I went and it was SO much fun!

Kiko: Congrats on the loss! Keep chuggin' along! You're doing awesomely! (Is that a word? )

Holly: I'm in the same boat you are. Too much saltiness this whole week. I really need to cut down. I hope you enjoy your low-key New Year's. I wish we were doing the same thing!

Barb: Sounds like another on-the-go day for you! Good job getting to the gym!

ME: Well, my family is still here and we're having a GREAT time together. I took them out for a drive and they got to see a pretty good amount of snow! It looked awesome! Things aren't really beachy here, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm going to sit down tomorrow afternoon and plan out my meals and workouts for the next two weeks and set some goals for myself. My parents got me a GREAT mountain bike for a gift, so I'm going to slowly start working that into my routine. I got on it yesterday and had a harder time than I thought I would, but I understand that. I'm going to ride for ten minutes twice a day for the next two weeks and then keep increasing my time until I'm doing 30 minutes twice a day. Eventually, I still want to ride to and from work every day, but we'll see. I think that's probably a few months out! Either way, I'm super-excited about it!

It sounds like everyone's getting ready to head out for some shopping and such, so I'll go until tomorrow! Have a great day and fight those non-beachy temptations!

~Kim
Old 12-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #8  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Would anyone like a couple of kids? They're driving me nuts today. I've banished them to the basement to play dress-up, but they keep reappearing.

I'm definitely ready to get back on schedule. Hope to get the tree and all the decorations put away sometime today. As much as I love Christmas, I want my house back!
Old 12-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi everybody - I haven't been here in almost a year. Please ignore my signature weight I have to update it - but LOL - it is pretty close.

I've had an interesting year - I've stayed with the personal trainer so I've managed to go down in pant sizes, and body fat but haven't lost any weight. I have to get serious about my diet and pull it all together. I'm hoping you all can help support me!

I'm lost on any new protocol here so if someone can point me in the right direction to read any new posting rules and regs I would appreciate it.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Is there a Jan exercise challenge thread?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #11  

There will be a January Exercise thread. I can go ahead and create it today. It may end up down a bit on the posts though since we normally don't sticky it until we unsticky the December and we give a couple of days for people to finish updating the Dec Exercise before I post the Exercise Queen.

Welcome back, Anchor!
Old 12-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Yes, indeed! Welcome back, Anchor. You were missed!

I'm plugging along. We got about 2" of snow - time to start using the snow boots. My clogs are a bit chilly in the heel and the crocs need to be retired for a bit. This is what our winters should be like here in The Great White North! The Girls are outside frolicking and rolling in the stuff and I feel like joining them.

We are outta here shortly to visit Harry. I want to be back well before dark because the vacuuming is still not done. I think I'm getting lazy!
Old 12-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Thanks for the welcome backs!

I have a new puppy too! She is a red fox lab she's very pretty! I wanted to name her Lucy after Lucille Ball but my son won and we named her Nala after the Lion King. LOL Is there still a picture thread - I can post a pic of her.

Is there any new updates on the SBD or threads on easier to prepare menu items? Point me in the right direction! LOL I have to hit the grocery store this weekend.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:08 PM   #14  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Glad to have you back Anchor (Amy). The new baby sounds cute.

Mike: Great job on the weight loss.

I am with you girls, it will be nice to get back to a routine without trees and lights in the middle of everything. Dogs and cats will be happy to. FMS has been kicking my bottom this week guess the stress of holidays is getting to me finally.

Here is a little for everyone. Off to work the evening shift. Will talk to everyone later. Have a wonderful evening. The snowglobe reminded me that I picked up two of those for our yard for $24 at the local canned food place. Going to go get another one for my niece for next year.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #15  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi beachy gals

I am busy typing up 1 of the 2 papers that is due for school. I got a scare on friday. The prof. e-mailed to say I had to be done by the end of Dec. No way--I didn't get my books until later so I was not to finish until mid-Jan. The dean of students helped clear it up. I'm okay. I will be stuck in front of this computer for the next two weeks.

Today I got a membership to workout. My daughter too. I am glad that I had been walking 20 minutes a day and swimming at the other gym. I did not get a winded as I did last time (2 years ago)when I was a member working out there. I do say I will miss the pool but summer is not that far off. By the time my 3 mo. membership expires I will be ready for spring.

By the way congrats on the weight loss in December. My that was not easy was it? I managed to lose 1 pound even though I did not stay on the beach like I should have--Now it is time to get committed

Ruth By the way how do I report by big ole 1 lb. loss for the december sticy?

Two Peas
Closed Thread