Old 12-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default Hello -- New Member

Hi everyone,

I am like some of the other new members -- want to start today rather than have this be a new year's resolution thing.

Also, as a health professional I know lots and lots about exercise and nutrition, just not how to apply it to myself! (Do as I say ...)

I am overwhelmed by this forum because there are so many of us and everyone seems to be so active with posting! I hope that I can keep up.

I am looking forward to being a loser!
JD2B

ps My big accomplishment for 2006 was to go 17 straight weeks with 5 days of exercise per week! (Starting on Aug. 28)

JD2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi there JD2B!! You and I are almost on the same journey! There is a lot of folks for support here - I am still learning my way around!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi JD2B. You and I and Mrs Quadcrew are all on about the same journey. I cant wait until this time next year....I'm sure will have a lot to talk about regarding our marvelous journey.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi, I'm glad you signed up. This is a great place for advice, support and encouragement.

The thing that you said about knowing about fitness and nutrition, but then to apply it to yourself - Oh yeah, I hear you loud and clear on that one.

Don't worry about being overwhelmed, you'll get the hang of it.

And that IS quite an accomplishment, 5 days a week for 17 weeks straight? Fantastic. You've got half the battle won right there. Good luck to you. I look forwarding to getting to know you better. So post often.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #5  

Default Thanks!

I am looking forward to going on this journey with you!

I had a good day and in part it was because I finally took the bull by the horns and joined the group. Glad you are here!
JD
JD2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:28 PM   #6  

Height: 5.6

Hi welcome!! It is great that you are here - this site is fantastic!

I definitely can understand the "Do as I say - not as I do" syndrome - as a Mum trying to make my point when I used to smoke, used to drink TONS of coffee oh yeah and lets add overweight to the mix - I sure was the perfect example for my teens. Luckily - so far they have seen my struggles and decided to go as far in the opposit direction as possible. So -maybe something worked out well after all???

Definitely looking forward to seeing you on the boards - best of luck - you can do this!!!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Glad you've joined us and CONGRATS on not waiting until 1/1/07! I say why wait when you can start right this minute...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good for you for not putting off starting your weight loss journey. Congrats on the exercise accomplishment, too! You sound like a person who can do anything you put your mind to, so I know you'll be a successful loser.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I'm glad you found us!!! Don't feel overwhelmed. Read the threads that interest you and respond to the ones you want to. This thread might help you undertand the forum better too.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #10  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum JD! 17 weeks straight with exercise is a wonderful accomplishment! I can't wait to see you lose in 2007!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote