Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

Default Darn Holidays

I was doing so good, and then the past few days with all the foods and goodies, I kind of slipped. Im trying not to be to hard on myself. Am i the only one who gave in too the holiday goodies?
50lbstomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #2  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50lbstomuch View Post
I was doing so good, and then the past few days with all the foods and goodies, I kind of slipped. Im trying not to be to hard on myself. Am i the only one who gave in too the holiday goodies?
See my "Oh my GAWD" thread
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I gave in as well, my torture was I'm the one who made the goodies. A little extra effort and we can be back to where we were.
Invisible Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #4  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

I ate a pretty substantial amount for the holidays. Maybe I ate "out of control" in more moderation, though? Does that make sense? Anyway, somehow I managed to survive and I feel reasonable about how I did today, getting back on track. I know I WANT this. Eating out of control is just not worth it. I gave in and indulged over the last few days, but I am fully committed to being back on plan. And, miraculously, it looks like the scale has just stayed exactly the same. Wahoo!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I indulged. Not as badly as I would have in the past by a long stretch, but I definitely indulged. You know what, that's okay!! As long as we can get back on track! (that seems to be the tricky part sometimes!)
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:23 PM   #6  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I was doing ok until my sister came over with fresh baked cinnamon rolls. They were amazing and I ate two. Now I feel really sick
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/204/150

Height: 5"8'

lol fresh baked cinnamon rolls are truly evil. *drool*

I totally indulged the last couple of days, but I also munched on a TON of veggies and fruit so when I did my calories on FitDay it wasn't as horrifying as I thought it would be considering how "full" I constantly felt. So I'll be keeping that strategy next year too. I actually dropped a pound the last couple of days *don't kill me please* lol
Akec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
I indulged. Not as badly as I would have in the past by a long stretch, but I definitely indulged. You know what, that's okay!! As long as we can get back on track! (that seems to be the tricky part sometimes!)
ditto
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:48 AM   #9  

Yep, I indulged. But I'm not in a particularly bad mood about it. Sure, I ate a lot more than I would have on any other day of the year but I stopped when I felt full, instead of continuing to cram food into my mouth like I would have done last year. And I even managed to fit in some exercise on both Boxing Day and Christmas Eve. So yay! If you're not already, I would recommend doing some exercise. With Christmas treats about, the calorie intake can be a bit haywire but at least some exercise can shift the balance back slightly.

This all being said- I'm not going to be stepping on the scale for quite some time!!
WaterBottleBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:50 AM   #10  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I also indulged, and enjoyed every minute of it. Now I need to get back on track. I'm glad Christmas is only once a year!!!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #11  

I, too, indulged...overindulged if you will...lol

I gained back 2.2 lbs. over the holidays...so what? I had a great time doing it. I also know that if I put my mind to it, I will be able to lose that and probably more in a week.

We can all get back on track. I don't know many ppl that stayed on their programs over the past few weeks. So don't be hard on yourself, just get back on track and kick some butt.

Sotypical, this is off topic, but I noticed your pic and your puppy is sooo cute. My husband and I just got a Boston this past June, she's a handful, but we love her to death. How old is yours??
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #12  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi!

My mother-in-law's nutroll is a once-a-year treat, so there was NO WAY that I was passing THAT up! Also, I made biscotti for the first time this year to give as Christmas gifts to my neighbors. The chocolate dough made with butter and chocolate and other yummy ingredients was too wonderful to NOT taste. (I am a dough lover!)

The difference THIS year is that I ate plenty of what I REALLY loved and skipped other stuff. I somehow was satisfied enough to GIVE AWAY the rest of the nutrolls and pizzelles today so I wouldn't eat any more.

I made a sign for myself which says, "You ate more than enough of the goodies...Now back to business, Cheryl!" This is hanging in my kitchen.

I'm hoping that it will remind me that indulging every so often is OK IF I watch my food and exercise the rest of the time. I find that I just HAVE to have some foods at some times!!!

Good luck everyone!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #13  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

I ate what I felt like eating, which was the right choice for me. I'll regret it a little when I weigh-in tomorrow, but I would have regretted more denying myself some of the once-a-year treats.

Julie
Eiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

How do you want to live the next 40 years. I am not giving up anything while I lose weight that I wont give up for life.

Which means pretty much I gave up nothing. And I had 3 BIG days in there and wouldnt change a thing.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Sometimes I'd like to boycott the holidays. All the ones with food. LOL
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote