Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #1  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Baaaaad.

I did BAAAAAAD, these past few weeks. Eating out more often than not, making crappy foods at home when I did eat at home (I was staying at my mom's house)...I haven't exercised once since the 13th of December, when my bf arrived from TN. I could have, while I was still at my apartment with him, because I have my DVDs and stuff there...but I felt too awkward working out to my DVDs (cause I feel like a total dork when I do) while he was around. Then I was at my mom's with him, and I forgot my DVDs, and besides, he was there with me, and my younger brother was always around and off school, so I didn't really have a time or place to do it.

Food...ugh. I ate a lot of unhealthy things. Not even just candies/cookies/that sort of thing, but just my meals. Bigger than they should be, unhealthy foods, all that.

I've regained. I know I have. I've been too terrified to set foot on a scale, so I don't know how much, but I can feel it.

I hate this feeling. To **** with the "holidays" - nothing but stress, family strife, and bad choices. Yay, December.

Okay, I'm done. Just needed to rant a bit, vent a little. I'm just not feeling very good with myself right now.

Hope everyone else did better than I did over the holidays.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
but I felt too awkward working out to my DVDs (cause I feel like a total dork when I do)
LOL i know what you mean. I do my exercise DVD's in my room with the door locked.
Dont give up, just get back on the wagon! Tomorrow starts a new day. Good Luck!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I hear ya on feeling awkward about exercising in front of others--I refuse to do it. Maybe I can offer some tips to help in the future? First, I get up earlyier than my bf during the week so I can exercise while he's still in bed. Second, when I'm visiting others, I don't do my DVDs. Instead, I go out for a walk. I don't care how cold it is (I've even heard that exercising in the cold burns slightly more calories because your body has to work harder to stay warm!) or what the weather is like (hooded sweatshirts/jackets are great in the rain, and walking through snow is even more of a workout for your legs--think of it as running on the beach )--if the weather is really so horrible, you can always go walking in a mall (just remember to leave the credit card at home ).

Anyway, glad you've vented--now you can get back on track!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Time for a good pair of walking shoes for those days when you need to exercise but don't want to jump around with your DVDs in front of other people.

Don't beat yourself up. Do one good thing for yourself today.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

lol yes! I remember once taking my vhs tape and some handweights with me to my mom's house. There I was dorking around in her living room while my mom and sister just sat and watched me. They actually just watched me, they werent reading or playing cards or anything. WEEEEEIIIIRRRRRD. I went running the next day.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #6  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Yeah...aren't families great? I have a difficult time going running or some such, as I'm...chesty...and don't have a great bra. But walking I can probably do. It's freezing cold here (I'm visiting my bf now, in TN). But I'll steal his jacket.

Thanks, you guys. I was just feeling really depressed about things earlier...my bf has now offered to go grocery shopping with me tomorrow and buy stuff that I can make that's healthy, for while I'm here. I don't wanna live on his food, since he lives on mac & cheese, canned soups, and corn dogs. Yay for college-student fare!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote