Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile New and needing a buddy!

Hi everyone.
I was at my sister in law's house last night and saw some pictures of myself and I think the lightbulb in my head finally went off and I realized how big I had actually gotten. I decided that I have to do something about it.
I joined a little while ago, but I've just been reading and trying to decide how to go about this whole weight loss thing. But after seeing the pictures last night, I have to do something and there is no time like the present. But I do know that I can't do it alone.
I need someone to help me out and encourage me along the way.
My husband is great, and he loves me no matter what....and I think that unfortunately has helped me get to this point. He keeps telling me that my weight itsnt a problem for him, and I love him for that, but it keeps me in denial about how much I actually weigh.
I have decided that I am not going to pick a goal weight.....its more of how I want to feel. I am tired of being tired! I have 2 young kids, 7 months and 2 years old. I want to be able to keep up to them and to be able to run and play with them without being out of breath or watching from the couch!
So, thats me. I really hope I can find someone who will help me out along the way. I need that little extra kick in the butt!!! LOL.
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #2  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Good morning,

I live fairly close to you, I live just north of Newmarket.

I hear ya, I hate looking at photos cause I look terrible. and like you I have a DH that just loves me regardless even though I don't always love myself. I have lost 30 pds last year but really slacked over the holidays and have gained back 5 so I am starting again. I have somewhere between 30 - 40 pds to lose. I am not really setting a goal either but once I get to 140 will take a good look at myself and see if that is a weight that makes me happy.

My favorite place in the world in Walt Disney World so I decided that I want to run in the WDW marathon in Jan 2008 so that is my goal to start training for that.

I also have 2 children, DS 17 and DD 14.

I would love to buddy up with you!!!!!

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #3  

Default Nice to meet you!

Hi Kim, I know Newmarket a little bit....my sister lives there. I would love to have you as a buddy!
I just need that extra bit of accountability to help me stay motivated.

I just started today and but its a start. I have alot to lose, but if I stay motivated, then I know I will do it! But one day at a time!

How has your weight loss been going? Are you doing any particular plan?

I want to start slowly, just by changing my eating habits. This week my goal is to stay away from any kind of pop, increase my water intake and to make sure I get at least 15 minutes on the exercise bike!
We bought an exercise bike since we cant afford a gym membership (memberships + child care so we can go = cannot afford...lol).
On the nicer days I want to make sure I take the kids and go for a walk, but its pretty chilly today and its snowing (finally), so today is an indoor day! Plus my 2 year old wont walk as far as I need him to, so we just take short walks when we do get out!
Well i am off to do some work on the bike...take care...ttyl!

Anne
Old 12-27-2006, 10:40 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Anne . . .

You've come to the right place . . . there are over 60,000 members floating around here and all of them know how you feel. I'm sure you'll find a really compatible bunch of cyber-friends to hang out with as you travel down the long, winding road to better health.

I'm in Nova Scotia but the majority of my close relatives are in the Barrie area (Big Bay Point, to be exact). I also have two kids, but my oldest is 44, so I don't think you and I are quite in the same age group.

Have a great day of moving and shaking and doing the good stuff just as much as you can. The rewards will follow.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225.5/219.5/135

Height: 5ft 1in

I know just how you feel. Went to Disney World a vacation we had been planning for my 7 and 9 year old for years. When I saw the pics of me with my family I almost cried, well I did cry once I was alone. Then I took some time to ponder the how I was going to do this..... Loose all this weight.....Well just take it one day at a time one step at a time. You can do it. I just started to and would love chat with you ..........Chiristine
Sillymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #6  
Doin' it this time

Hi Anne,

Pop is a big issue for me....Hi my name is Kim and I am a pepsi oholic. The only thing that has worked for me is making better food choices and lots of exercise. I also only have a exercise bike and a small amount of weights.

I know we can do this, I am setting smaller goals to make them more achieveable. I also have high cholesteral, and tryglycerides so I also need to do this for my health.

This week I am just trying to limit my pop, if I quit cold turkey I know I will end up with terrible headaches so I will go slowly.

Kim
Old 12-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #7  
Doin' it this time

Hi Anne,

Pop is a big issue for me....Hi my name is Kim and I am a pepsi oholic. The only thing that has worked for me is making better food choices and lots of exercise. I also only have a exercise bike and a small amount of weights.

I know we can do this, I am setting smaller goals to make them more achieveable. I also have high cholesteral, and tryglycerides so I also need to do this for my health.

This week I am just trying to limit my pop, if I quit cold turkey I know I will end up with terrible headaches so I will go slowly.

Kim
Old 12-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi Anne -- I do think we all know what you mean about seeing ourselves in pics!

It sounds like you're doing what I'd call a "baby steps" program. It can be a great way to lose weight -- start by making a few changes and build slowly from there. That's what I did -- I was just too overwhelmed to do everything at once! Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #9  

Default Thanks everyone!

I feel so much better after reading all the posts....I can do this! I went out shopping this morning and bought some better food choices....going to stick to whole grain instead of white bread....that kind of thing. I want to set a good example for my boys as they grow up and I know they will benefit from it too!

I really look forward to working on this with all of you!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #10  
Doin' it this time

How did everyone do today???

I did OK, I know I am not officially starting until Jan 2nd but still trying to eat better.

Kim
Old 12-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #11  

Hey Kim,

Today went alright. I did eat a little better than I have been in a while, and I like you am a Pepsiaholic! My hubby got told he has to cut pop out so all the more incentive for me to quit as well!
I didnt got on the bike today.....I think I am just wiped out from the last few days...its been non stop family visits since Saturday...so today was cleanup and try to get the house back to normal.
But there is always tomorrow.......

I take it by your name that you like hockey??
Old 12-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #12  
Doin' it this time

I am off work til Jan 2nd and I should be exercising up a storm but like you just wiped from the holidays so I am relaxing and just hanging out.

Congrats on the eatting better it all helps.

Yes, huge hockey fan. Have been my entire life.

Kim