Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-27-2006, 02:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Default I last visited on 6/24/04

I have been meaning to come back and get back on track (just like I had been meaning to not eat cookies), but today I did make it back. I resently went to a reunion and saw a lot of relatives that I have been hiding from and saw that what I feared was true, was indeed fact. I am the largest of all my cousins. I plan on seeing them again this summer and realisticly I know I will still be the largest but I want to be much smaller than I am now. I want to look good , and do it naturally (I found out there has been a lot of lipo happening in the extended family).
I am looking for others who have similar goals. Let me know what is working and what I should saty away from. Thanks in advance.
Tahoemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #2  

Welcome, Tahoemom. Those are good goals and it is good to be realistic. Weight doesn't always come on quickly and it takes time to get it off without obsessing over it. You can do it.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME back, tahoemom! I think many of us have had similar experiences. I went to my Grandfather's funeral a month before I started my weight loss. I felt somewhat embarrassed - there I was weighing nearly 300 pounds and seeing people I hadn't seen in years, when I was a lot smaller. I really didn't want to talk to anyone.

There are lots of places you could find a "home" here. What kind of program are you interested in? You'll probably find a forum for you here!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the warm welcome from both of you. I am hoping that this time really will be the time. I don't want to be that uncomfortable with family again. I know they all ove me and aren't judging me, but I suspect that there were a few who were feeling sorry for me.

I haven't figured out a plan of attack yet. I am going to read through some of the forums and see which would fit me best.
Tahoemom is offline   Reply With Quote