Old 12-26-2006, 09:35 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Boxing Week Chick Chat Dec 26-31/06

Good Morning Chickies!

Lots going on around here....I'll catch you all up later. Im off for my starbucks.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Morning Robin.

Aud I saw your post on last week's thread. You did better than me yesterday. I did so well until the evening when my daughter made cookies. I wouldn't have had the stupid things in the house, except I bought them for her for a slumber party she went to the night before. She brought some of them back home!

I know fresh baked cookies are a weakness and I wound up eating 3.

So does anyone know that 3 cookies equals 2 pounds? 249 today. After hitting 247 yesterday... Grrr. But I am determined to get back on track today. The cookies are all gone thank goodness!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Robin: Enjoy your Starbucks

Sherry: How's it going?

Well, I've been a bad girl. Too much carbs, not enough exercise and now I'm paying for it! I feel like a bloated, gassy blob. My jeans don't fit and I'm feeling like rolling to where I need to go! Back OP that's for sure!!! Back to water as well as I feel like I'm super thirsty.
Hope you all had a great Christmas!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I ate without guilt yesterday. Well, maybe a little. I 'm not weighing til Friday, so don't want to know the damage. I was down a lb. yesterday morning, so hopefully I'm OK. Christmas was a lovely time with my family and DH's family. My house is now a total wreck and I'm working on delegating chores to restore this place to clean. I got the elliptical that I wanted, and man it's hard. I'll have to work at getting good on this thing. I'm off to do chores. I'm officially back on program today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

So what did everyone get from santa??

We got a temporary present from my stepson. Her picture is attached below. She's absolutely beautiful, well behaved for a 7month old pup, and she's the whitest golden retriever Ive ever seen. Aparantly they breed them for this colour in sweden. That is where she is from. We will have Greta until the 28th...then she has to go back home. The plus side, we'll get to visit on holidays

Christmas was very nice. I didnt have to do any cooking My dil offered to cook breakfast and dinner for a tray of butter tart squares. Works for me

Today we are pretty much back to normal, except for the (big) puppy.
Eating wasnt good, but thats ok....back to it today.

Have a great day ladies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0913.jpg (28.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0916.jpg (36.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0915.jpg (21.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Greta is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pic's.

Our puppies are doing great. Getting bigger everyday. They don't have their eyes open yet. Molly is doing wonderful with them.

I have now taken the Christmas tree down. Cleaned living room and kitchen and had DH mop the kitchen. House is starting to look back to normal. Both my kids cleaned their rooms and now I have a ton of laundry that I have started on. Does this ever happen to anyone else? I can't find a clean towel and then kids clean their rooms and bring 40 towels to laundry room.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/246/175

Height: 5'3"

lilybelle-Of course, don't you know that is where the towels are supposed to be kept? In the kids room under a pile of something! Apparently, thats where I keep all of mine. I didnt get an elliptical for Christmas but I did buy myself one today. Low end from Sears. Waiting for "someone" to put it together.
Justwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Cookies found me too Sherry . . . and what's bad about them was that they were - well - they were BAD. Didn't even WANT them and ate away - I think to knock myself out or something? Ever notice how sugar is almost like a DRUG when you haven't had any in a while? These knocked me out for about a 2 and a 1/2 hour nap! Slept the sleep of angels - or at least of the deranged . . . (slightly burnt morsels with glaze AND m&m's DD's made--gosh I feel sick) - triggered by losing the $50 gift cards my Big Sis bought me for my BDay when she was here---EGADS I'm SO SICK of losing stuff! Not sure how I thought bingeing on yucky cookies was gonna help but sure feel sick (and thirsty too brendanerb) now. Sipping on coffee and ice water now and the search will continue since tonight is trash night . . . wish me luck?

We have a bright spot too robin & lil - new pup is "Ginger" and just an adorable, feisty little doll. She's a nine week old West Highland Terrier and was an instant member of the Family. Our 9 yr old Tess unwrapped one present after another addressed to "Tess" - but it would be something like a lil dog collar/leash/puppy bed . . . we took her out the back door to see if "Santa had left a "wrong bag of stuff" . . . Big Girl Molly put Pup at the front door and rang the bell & took off around the other side . . . Tess was speechless (VERY unusual!! LOL!) when she opened the front door and lil ole pup was standing there!!! We thought this may be the year Tess didn't believe in Santa any longer - but she's a firm believer again for now! When she could speak again - she said instantly "Cmon Ginger, let's go look at the gifts under the tree - they must be for you!!!" Named her INSTANTLY-which was weird but cute. I'll Post some pics if I ever learn how.

DID take a super long walk today - no Pilates - feel like life is on hold until I remember WTH I did with those gift cards!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

awww thats just too cute aud!! What a nice surprise!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #10  
lilybelle

Justwill, congrat's on getting you an elliptical too. I walked 5 min's on mine last night and it was hard. My legs felt like they were already starting to hurt and I just couldn't go anymore.
aud, Congrat's on the new pup. I bet your daughter was so thrilled. I have already picked out which of Molly's pups I plan to keep. She's a big, fat female pup that loves to be held and cuddled. Very dark chocolate like Molly. DH laughs that I hold the pups and play with them so much. Can't help it, I love puppies. I'm trying to think of a name for her. I hope you find your gift card. I'm bad about losing stuff too.
My step-daughters knowing that I don't eat hardly any carbs, sent a gift to me and my DH of 7 boxes of cookies, candy and assorted crackers. So, I didn't open any of it. Told DH to take it to work with him. My son won't eat that junk and my DD doesn't want it as she tries to watch her weight also.

My MIL had some beautiful family pic's made from all of us at step-daughters wedding and gave me a full album of 5'7's plus 4 8x10's to hang on the wall. I loved getting these pic's as we had very few pic's of DH's kids.
I had asked for pajamas for Christmas because I'm always cold now, I got 3 new sets that I'll put to good use.

I got my house all clean again and all that ton of laundry done. Yippee.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi All!

No gift cards.

Sifted -literally sifted - thru 3 giganto bags of Christmas Gift-Turkey Drippings trash - just CANNOT imagine WTH they are.

MUST move on - spilled milk and all that.

Hope your tooth is better needstolose - truly miserable, I know!

Towels I got - SOCKS are the things that hide in this chaotic household. (ONE SOCK of each pair, that is! )

Off to run MORE errands and continue putting this house back together - upping my waterwaterwater to flush out yesterdays poisons - ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I am sick. Coughing and congestion, fever. I feel terrible. I have a Dr. appt. tomorrow morning. I sure dread the 8 hr. round trip to see my specilist. I'll have him give me some antibiotics.

I still haven't weighed since Christmas. I'll be weighed at Dr. tomorrow. I sure feel thinner and haven't felt like eating much for a few days now. I haven't been cooking. Everyone has just been having the leftovers. I have resisted any sweets and had DH take them to his work. My MIL made a butternut squash casserole using brown sugar splenda and it was great. First time I've had it and it was better than sweet potatoes. She also made her pumpkin pies with the brown sugar splenda and no one could tell the difference.

aud, I have a big basket that I put all the socks in. The other night I sorted through it and paired them all up. Came up with over 80 prs. of socks. I do this every so often and divide them up for everyone. My step-daughter said she couldn't find any socks for her babies, they had at least 10 pr. each here. My DD uses 3 towels each time she showers. I should make her do the laundry sometime and break her of this.

Molly has been waking me up almost every hr. at night needing to go outside. She is eating 3 huge bowls of dog food a day and drinking at least 6 gallons of water a day. I guess she needs that much to feed 12 pups. She looks awesome for just having had the pups. Not skinny at all. As the pups started growing , I am now able to tell which one is the runt. I put him on her separately to feed each time, so he gets plenty. The others are so big and strong that they push him out of the way. I feel sorry for the little guy.

My DH bought me 2 prs. of jogging pants. He certainly doesn't know sizes. He got them a size 8 and they are very baggy. He said he held them up and they looked so small. At least they have a drawstring and I can cinch them up and use them for exercising anyway. It felt awesome this yr. to tell my family to get me a medium in pajamas and they not only fit but were very loose. That is so much better than the 2X that I used to wear.

Last edited by lilybelle; 12-28-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm BACK!!!How everyone!! I hope you all had a great Christmas. Had a wonderful time with my grandchildren and the family this Christmas week.We got back yesterday.Leo & I both have bad colds,nothing new when we visit with them.I got the new RR cookbook from my DD.Going to cook something out of it for tonights dinner.

I managed to GAIN 5 lbs when I was away.Yikes!! Now I will have to start anew. I guess,I won't reach my goal this year like I planned.Hopefully It will be by my birthday in June.

Have to go back and read your posts later.Have some unpacking & washing dirty laundry facing me right now.

Glad to be back,I'm missed you guys

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #14  

Lily, You should try Zicam nasal gel for your cold. It is the only thing that has worked for me. I have a sock box, too. ha!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #15  
lilybelle

Hi Carol and BB, glad to see you gals back. I'll try that Zicam. I usually get put on a Z-pack. Only thing that works for me. I am very prone to pneumonia.

BB, glad you had a great visit with family. I did too. Sorry about the gain, I'll find out my damage tomorrow.Drink a lot of water. It does tend to come right off when it hasn't been on but a few days. I should know, I have to do this often. LOL, I'm really good at staying on program when there isn't any unallowed foods in the house.