View Single Post
Old 01-20-2002, 04:59 PM   #5
25_HOPEFUL
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello My Buddies!

I am here!

I will try not to discuss my computer woes...........It is a struggle to get on........and I was mad about the posts I made that were lost......and then the site was down.......sheesh..........just another "thing" we must overcome....but I am HERE!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeee!

I love the COMMITMENT TO OURSELVES! It is sooo true and timely! You know........once you have taken off some tonnage....(and we have managed to do that, thank GOD!)...it is soooooo easy to just say.....Hmmmmmmm, I look pretty good. AND....then slide back to the OLD WAYS that got us FAT in the first place! I am talking like this...and I not even NEAR my goal! THEN.......once I REACH my goal....it will be a whole NEW set of hurdles just to STAY there! Because, you know.......I WAS a size 14 at one time! I have lost weight before. I lost it STUPID..........(DIETS....not the way to go!) Therefore....I gained it all back PLUS. So.....I know how to LOSE weight.........It is EVERYTHING that goes with it to be successful that I must DO toget to goal the SMART way....and then stay there!

EATTING (NOT DIETING)... the low carb way is allowing me to do it HEALTHY by not starving myself.........feeling great with wise food choices and portions!

MOVING MY OVERSIZED BUTT....is a MUST! You can NOT do it without exercise! And...adding weight training is very important to get those muscles (we DO have them you know!) working for us! YOu have to make time for it!

H2O..............Can NOT express how important the water is! We all know it and we all try to get as much in as possible! It is the simplest part of the plan. Stand at the sink if you have to and pound it down!

3FC......OOooooooooooohhhhhh......WE GOTTA GET ON THIS SITE.....YOU KNOW IT BABY! I cross my fingers everytime I sit down in my computer chair that I can get on! (We need a new computer in case some of you reading this don't know. Our new internet server is such that our old computer is not handling it well.) I post as often as I can.....and I read....read.......read....all over the place. I hope I inspire you all.........and I KNOW you inspire me!

I started this plan at 262 on June 15, 2001. I am now 215. I have a goal of a size 14. Less than that would be a bonus for my 5'9" frame. I suppose if I can be in the 160's I would be a happy camper. Right now........I dream of being in 100 land and know that the only way to do that is to continue to fight....with you my friends....

*the evil carb monster...trying to come back from the dead after I shot him.

*the self doubts....cause I have started and stopped so many times before

*the old habits...because at age 43 I have now been overweight for 1/2 my life

*the "settling" for what I am ....not what I should be

*the putting myself last.......instead of making time for myself!

*the thought that my mom, dad, and siblings all struggle with weight....so I am destined.........but I don't want to be

*the knowledge that I have gained on this sight.....along with the support of you all...especially my nasus and my fralick...who picked me up 46 pounds ago when I needed you most...is priceless

THANK YOU for this commitment topic.

THANK YOU for being there.

WE ARE AWESOME.

WE WILL GET TO GOAL.

WE WILL GET THERE TOGETHER!

Dana (Hopeful and COMMITTED!)