Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #1  

Default Happy Holidays! (home of the loozing floozies #06)

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!

May you have all you wish for the holiday season!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #2  

Huh. Just realized we have no Christian Christmas emoticon.

Oh well, imagine a nativity scene or something.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:51 AM   #3  
Janice

Good Morning All,
I was just wondering if any of you have tried the Master Cleanse?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #4  

Janice what is the master cleanse? Is it like a robotic vacuum?

Shelley sorry for not responding to your MIL gift question. I haven't been on line for a couple of days. My back was acting up. It is better today. What kind of gift..... I know my parents have everything they want and almost everything I buy mom gets returned for something else so maybe I am not much help. Grocery gift card to a specialty store might be best.
Oh yeah I love that bike, but my question to you is what are hiding behind your back? Is it one of our cute elves? Gayle's going to be mad if you don't share!
I hope that you are having a festive week.

Cheryl I am surprised that there isn't any christian emoticon. That isn't good but I do have a great imagination! On the weekend we had the kids over for a feast of appitizers and then we took them to "Live Bethlehem". It was a walk through play with live animals. It was the most awesome thing I have ever seen. The acting was unbelievable. You were a part of the village and the play.

Gayle I am sending you a pick me upper maybe it will be one of those small packages.

Suzy I will have to fly out and help you decorate your house. I love decorating.

Allison I am surprised that you are only putting up a little tree. I remember one year just deorating a live fig tree I had. We were all disappointed that I never did that again. The main thing is enjoying our family and friends.

Vouge where are you? If you are having a couple of bad weeks that's ok, we all have. Come and post we will support and cheer you up.

Well time to get off this duff I am going to go swimming. I think that will hurt my back the least.

Have a happy one.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dee, I intended to put lights on my new fake palm tree (it's over 8 feet tall) but once the lights got on, it looked horrible. The work involved with putting up the fake Christmas tree is just too much this year. I'm sure I'll do better next year. Tonight I'll get DH to get my storage boxes down so I can put up some other decorations. After that, it'll be more festive. In the mean time, I got a nice "up light" for the base of the palm tree so it is illuminated at night. Your bike is really nice! How far do you usually go? My brother is in a bike club in Utah and he organizes a lot of charity rides for his club. Most rides are 100's of miles, but other than that, he rides to and from work when the weather permits, plus more, so about 50 miles per day.

I was wondering where vogue went also.

My MIL is pretty easy to buy for, it's my parents that I have problems with. This year, I'll be sending them an assortment of soups from Trader Joes. They don't have TJ's in Utah and they love the boxed soups.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #6  
Janice

Dee- Master Cleanse is also called the Lemonaide Diet.
The idea is to totally cleanse all your body systems.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:25 AM   #7  

Dee-Hee, Hee! I hadn't heard of the Master Cleanse, but I assumed it was a diet thing. I'll be having a master cleanse when I go in Jan 4 for a colonoscopy! You are too funny, thinking it was a house cleaning thing.

Janice-Is it supposed to clean the toxins from your body, and is it a fast? I am going to google it and check it out.

I ended up getting MIL a Magic Bullet. She can either return it or shove it, whichever she wants to do

Last edited by ShelleyM; 12-20-2006 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:10 AM   #8  
Janice

Yes it is supposed to clean the toxins out of your body and it is a fast.
It is water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
A side effect is weight loss because you don't eat anything.
You also drink water mixed with sea salt to keep the plumbing moving.
I figure it would be a good way to get rid of the sugar cravings after Christmas.
I am all ready for Christmas but still need to get a turkey.
I went to the gym yesterday, it was empty, everyone is just too busy I guess.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #9  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

im back , sorry I dont know I just didnt get around to gettign on 3fc. Im doing alright, I went through another bad diet week and Im having toruble right now with like 877367gr887t876t87 christmas cookies in the house bad I dont know. I just need some motivation.

shelly- I love what you said about the majc bullet hah.

coles- what the **** are you talking about? Thats crazy!

allison- we have two christmas tress , both fake haha ones my sisters from her old apartment and one is ours. you gotta put up a tree.

dee- im here sorry I havent been posting I dont know been kinda depressed for no reason.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #10  
Janice

Vouge - Your response sure made me laugh. Everyone knows I'm always looking for the quick fix in weight loss!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. Just finished up exercising and wanted to say hi.
Thanks for all the laughs over the Master Cleanse. Oh the possiblities the mind entertains.

Dee, I wish swimming was an option for me. I son't swim well but would love the chance to get better. I'm so jeallous of you. Hope you enjoyed your swim

Coles-if you try the Master Cleanse--let us know how it turns out.

Vogue-hi nice to meet you. I'm kinda new here. I look forward to "seeing " you here and "talking" to you. This time of year lots of people are depressed. I was before I found all of you. I'm really feeling better with friends like you.

Shelley and allison--I caught up with you two on the exercise thread.
Hope to see you there again tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Sorry I haven't posted the past few days, busier then usual here. I hope everyone is ready for Christmas...I guess I am! I need to haul out all the presents and see were I'm at...regardless, money and my temperment is telling me I'm finished. LOL!

Allison celebrated her 8th birthday Monday, I remember joining this group shortly after she was born. How time flies!
She had braces fitted today....well almost....she has asthma so she can't be pre-medicated with the medicine the doctor usually uses to help with the gag reflex and to calm them. Once we arrived and they started working on her she started coughing, gagging and finally vomiting. They need to have everything really dry to attach the implements. They did the front four teeth on the top/bottom. We will go back in 6 weeks to do the side bottoms then 6weeks later for the side tops. I'm kinda relieved it will be split into thirds since she is so young. The doctor even said no point in stressing her out any more then need be. I'm keeping her out of school tomorrow and medicated just to be on the safe side.

Janice, I have heard of the master cleanse but have never tried it. I think it would work great for a short period of a few days as a detox.

Well, better go! I've been checking in, just not posting. I'll try to do better!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:06 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Shelley, I forgot to mention...the bike is great! I wish I could afford to buy Steve one! He wants a racing bike soooooooo bad! He was looking at a Trek for I think around 1,500-1,800.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #14  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I dont even know why im kinda depressed its christmas! I dont know. My family has alot of money problems and my mom I hear her crying cause she hasnt been able to buy one christmas gift yet and doesnt know what shes going to be able to get and no matter how much I tell her its ok she doesnt seem to take it in. I know its hard but its the story of our life. struggling with bills and having things shut off and back on over and over. I dont even know if I am going to be able to go to college in 2 years . Thats what my mom was upset about too. I can get scholarships but not enough to pay for all of my school. I am smart enough to go to a university but we all know we wont have money and it depresses me cause thats what I want more than anything. I am so depressed in my diet too I have all sense of motivation and althought I have been good for 2 days right now I dont know how long thats going to last. whats it worth me dieting and turning down sweets and excersising every day and doing my hair and makeup nice if no one is going to notice. I am sick of playing this game of trying to get a guy to like me , and looking extra nice for no one to notice. I have little to no self confidence left and I dont know how much longer I can go on caring about losing weight. I used to be so happy and so good and no I dont even look at myself and smile anymore. I dont see any worth in myself . I am never going to be able to live my dream , I am never going to be able to go to college and be as successful as I can be so what is the point of trying so hard? So i can later fail? So I can work so hard to be told that I cannot go to my dream school and make something of myself after high school beacause we cannot afford it? I work so hard I am suppossed to be in 10th grade but i have enough credits to be in 11th. But I am choosing to stay in school rather than graduate early so I can learn more cause I like to learn. I can get a job anywhere either and what pisses me off is all summer and now I fill out a million applications and wanna work so bad , when my crackhead drug addict friend fills out one and gets hired when I know shes using that money to buy pot. I want a job to save to have a chance for college and she gets a job so she can afford drugs. I really dont know why life chooses to pick on me. I work so hard am such a dreamer and so capable of doing some good in this world but nature wont let me. Nature chooses to have nothing right ever work out for me, and throw me **** since I was 10 years old.
When I was 10 years old my family wa sin so much debt we had to foreclose our house in chicago and move to florida. 5 pepole lived in a 3 bedroom duplex in a ghetto neighboorhood. I shared a bed with my sister for two years and my borhters room was about as big as a walk in closet. we moved into a nicer house in 2003 but had to leave there cause the landlords raised the price and it cost too much so I moved here now in june. I had to leave all my friends my life. I hate it here. I dont know how much more I can take. at times I just want to save $ run away hop on a greyhound and go back to my house in chicago. If I ever am rich somehow I am going to buy that house back and live in that house in chicago again. I hate florida so much. I dont like the heat , I hate the beach, I hate pepole here. So yeah that my be why I am so depressed.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Vouge, I remember as a teenager, everything seemed so challenging and impossible. There is a reason you are having struggles in your life, you won't know now, but sometime in your life you will realize why you have had to face so many struggles. I know your mom feels bad about not being able to afford Christmas, but the gifts are not the reason we celebrate anyway. Why not each member of the family make a homemade gift? You have access online, you will find tons of info on making great gifts on a budget. I know you want to go to a university, you may just need to settle for a community college until you can see a way. You should be able to get grants etc. locally with your high grades. As far as losing weight, none of us here can make you lose weight but we sure can be here to support you through the challenges. You are a very pretty girl no matter what size you are and you also have a compassionate heart which is worth millions in todays world. Here's a hug for you today... {{{HUG}}}
Closed Thread