Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Default So discouraged..........

I am feeling extremely discouraged. I have so little time to myself to get the exercise I need, and that in turn gives me incredible anxiety, and I'm an emotional eater. So, I eat.

Not to mention the stress over things going on in my life right now - things that I can't change.

Just incredible frustration, and I'm not sure how to turn things around anymore.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #2  
Mel

Hey there MissH

This is a stressful time of year and if you have other things going on that you can't control, it's even more stressful. But YOU can control your behavior. Turn the stress around and let it work for you. Use some positive self-talk: instead of saying I can't do this because my job/relationship/finances/etc are crap right now, try Even though I can't control X, I can eat right today!

If you can't exercise right now, make the nutrition changes. Add the exercise when you can. Every little action adds up

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I can understand about the stress in life and becoming discouraged. It helps that you realize that you can't change them. What you have to do is take charge of you. I know easier said then done. ut you have to do it. It is what I have had to do in order to take control of things. I am an emotional eater to and suffer from depression. Not to mention the things I have recently been going through with my dh. You have to fight for you and no one else.
wannabsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 PM   #4  

Thank you for the replies, Mel and wannabesexy. You're both right - I need to stand up for me, because really, no one else will. But it really is hard right now. I feel like I am doing everything for everyone ELSE, and I'm dead last.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:26 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

MissH, you're not alone. Lots of people--OK, I'll say it, WOMEN--find themselves in this position. You have to start putting yourself first, at least some of the time. You don't have to go and announce it to anyone, just do it quietly. You may find that those who have been expecting you to drop everything and tend to their needs will get a little bent out of shape, but they will get over it.

Go take a walk when you need to take a walk. If you have kids, take them with you or find someone who can watch them for half an hour. Maybe you and another mother could take turns at this--be Walk Buddies.

Make sure that you have foods on hand that are good for you, and not just junk. So, when you have that urge to snack, you can chew on something that won't be lots of empty calories. Baby carrots are one of my favorites because they are crunchy and don't have too many calories--but they are also sweet and filling, and after several of them I don't want any more.

These are just a few ideas to get you thinking.

Good luck! Don't give up!

Jay
198/180/155
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #6  

Hi, Jay.

I know -- just trying to find those precious 30 min. can be difficult. I homeschool as well. And run my kids to sports 4 nights a week. Oy.

What is the hardest pill to swallow is that I have been an avid exerciser for 21 years, so not having the 1-1 1/2 hours I'd LIKE to get in the exercising I want puts me in more of a shallow depression.

BUT, I think time management is the KEY. Like now. Today is an easy school day, so I will haul my large booty downstairs and do a workout.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Good for you, MissH! That's the spirit! Find those little bits of time and let them add up! Enjoy!

And I am in awe of any mom that homeschools. That is just such a hard job on top of everything else!

Hugs!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote