Old 12-16-2006, 07:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/246/175

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy So Depressing.....

So I've been stuck for the last two weeks at the same weight. (255) I have been so proud of myself because I have not cheated once in my lost of 17lbs. So I was dealing with the no change in weight OK. But this morning I get on the scales and I'm up a pound! But thats not the worst part, I weighed again after a BM, still no coffee or food yet. And Im up yet another pound!(I had to up my ticker) That's not possible, is it? I even positioned myself differently on the scale.(still in an upright position though)
I havent gone over 20 carbs per day all week,(or the last few weeks) Im keeping my calories around 1500-1800 (except one night I forgot dinner)I'm getting at least 7-8 cups of water a day. I started walking some at work during lunch. I know I need to increase my exercise and water, but it didnt help when I finally started walking. Is it going to help now? Im also way past my TOM. I am still very proud of myself for staying on track and thats the only thing keeping me going right now. I know you can get smaller without the scale changing, but its got to move at SOME point. Sorry...just needed to vent vent vent.
Justwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Justwill,

Have you measured? Are you losing inches?

If you wouldn't mind, please post a sample menu of what you are eating, perhaps you are eating something you shouldn't be and you don't realize it.

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:07 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Lots of stuff could be going on, TOM could be near.... a 17 lb loss is quite an achievement, maybe your body needs time to adjust...exercise can be a factor. Try not to weigh yourself every day b/c the body fluctuates so much.

Your doing wonderful, so don't get depressed, focus on the 17 you lost and know that the scale will move again as long as you continue to follow the plan.

CONGRATS on the WL... really thats an awesome amount of weight...be proud.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #4  

Thanks for looking at this. I have started weighing again everday, because I think it would have been even more depressing to see a whole WEEK go by with no loss. I have not measured because Im afraid I won't be consistent with how Im doing it. It would have to be exactly the same place around my hips\waist and with the same tension on the tape. I have been able to crossover into a smaller size jeans over the last two weeks. Cant breath, but I did get them zipped.

Breakfast -3 Hormel Sausage links with 3 0z Cabot aged cheddar(from block)

Lunch-Walmart sliced smoked turkey rolled with aged swiss. Usually 5 rolls of this with mayo and mustard mixed.

Big mixed green salad with mushrooms, cheese and 2 tablespoons regular Blue Cheese dressing.

Dinner-Baked chicken thighs usually 2 or 3

Breakfast- Oscar meyer Roast beef or Walmart smoked turkey rolled with Kraft American slices or Aged swiss

Lunch: Polska Geoboska, Steamed broccoli with melted butter

Dinner-Baked Fish with butter, again sautéed mushrooms with onions.

Snack- 1 beef hotdog.

Desert or prepacked sugar free jell with land o lakes heavy whipped cream. Usually 3 times a week.

Daily-2 cups of decaf with splenda and coffee mate.

Condiments: mustard, mayo, blue cheese dressing, light BBQ sauce (rarely)
Old 12-16-2006, 09:19 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

it might be the processed meats you are eating. You need more veggies in your day too.

I take it you dont like eggs? If you do like them, switch them up for the sausages/hotdogs and breakfast meats. Try to stay with the real stuff.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:37 AM   #6  

I think I know what you mean. Not so much prepacked or convience foods. I would LOVE to eat eggs, but since my second child, 6 yrs ago they make me sick. Cramps, diareaha, the whole bit. Kinda weird. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Definitely put veggies in every day. Watch the salt intake. And I encourage you to measure. You'll know whereabouts you put the tape..but you'd be surprised at the number of times the scale doesn't move but the measurements do. At least give it a try? You can do this, and TOM can definitely mess things up. And definitely don't step on the scale when TOM is supposed to be coming--or expect the scale to be up a bit. You've been doing great! Don't get so discouraged that you go and eat stuff you shouldn't! And it's normal to have "stalls" as your body adjusts. Keep up the great work
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwill View Post
Breakfast -3 Hormel Sausage links with 3 0z Cabot aged cheddar(from block)

Careful on the sausage, be sure to read labels....much to my surprise I learned early on that some brands of sausage contain BREAD CRUMBS & SUGAR!!! On Atkins Induction, 4 oz. cheese is your limit for the day. And this only includes certain types
You can consume three to four ounces daily of the following full-fat, firm, soft and semisoft aged cheeses*, including:
cheddar
cow, sheep and goat cheese
cream cheese
Gouda
mozzarella
Roquefort and other blue cheeses
Swiss

*All cheeses have some carbohydrate content. The quantity you eat should be governed by that knowledge. The rule of thumb is to count 1 ounce of cheese as equivalent to 1 gram of carbohydrate. Note that cottage cheese, farmer’s cheese and other fresh cheeses are not permitted during Induction. No "diet" cheese, cheese spreads or whey cheeses are permitted. Individuals with known yeast symptoms, dairy allergy or cheese intolerance must avoid cheese. Imitation cheese products are not allowed, except for soy or rice cheese—but check the carbohydrate content.

Lunch-Walmart sliced smoked turkey rolled with aged swiss. Usually 5 rolls of this with mayo and mustard mixed.

Be very careful of processed meats. They can also contain sugar & other "fillers" and often contain a lot of sodium which may cause you to retain water.

Big mixed green salad with mushrooms, cheese and 2 tablespoons regular Blue Cheese dressing.

Dinner-Baked chicken thighs usually 2 or 3

Breakfast- Oscar meyer Roast beef or Walmart smoked turkey rolled with Kraft American slices or Aged swiss

Lunch: Polska Geoboska, Steamed broccoli with melted butter

Dinner-Baked Fish with butter, again sautéed mushrooms with onions.

Snack- 1 beef hotdog.

Be careful of hotdogs...again,they are processed and can cause problems due to sodium & added sugars etc.

Desert or prepacked sugar free jell with land o lakes heavy whipped cream. Usually 3 times a week.

Personally, I stayed away from sugar free jello due to it containing aspartame. Making your own whipped cream and adding a little vanilla flavor (or DaVinci's syrup) & splenda is always better than eating the stuff out of the can.

Daily-2 cups of decaf with splenda and coffee mate.

Coffee Mate is another no-no. 1 Tablespoon of Original Coffee Mate has 2 carbs and contains CORN SYRUP!!! You are much better off with heavy cream however,that needs to be limited to no more than 3 Tablespoons per day.

Condiments: mustard, mayo, blue cheese dressing, light BBQ sauce (rarely)

15 of your 20 carbs per day should be coming from veggies & salads. If you aren't sure which veggies are acceptable, there is a list on atkins.com

Also, be sure you are drinking plenty of water. I would also recommend taking a good multi vitamin.

I hope this helps!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
Old 12-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Kim, you did a great job explaining all that. I also retain fluid badly if I eat a lot of processed lunchmeat, hotdogs and such. I also switched from coffee mate to heavy whipping cream and noticed my weight started dropping again. I wasn't keeping close tabs on how much coffee mate I was using. I also have noticed that less cheese and more fresh veggies helps to keep the weight off much better.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I only have one thing to add. If you are worried you won't measure consistently - always measure the smallest you can. Suck in that tum, tighten up the tape. Measure your smallest waist. That is how some wt loss folks recommend anyway. You can't fudge it any that way. It may not be accurate for clothing "sizing" measurements, but it should be accurate for progress measurements.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #11  

I actually feel MUCH better now. This is something that I can probably control. Im excited again! I'm going to the grocery store tonight and will do much better with my selections. Hopefully, I can go ALONE! Question on the cream for coffee. Is heavy whipping cream the same as heavy cream? Is it in the little pint size cartons? Im sorry, Im just not a good cook. I bought a low carb cookbook because I was looking for more ideas for things like quick lunches and fast dinners, but when I got the book, it was more focused on maintenence. So I will keep looking. I may have to make my own book from the recipe board. Thanks everyone for all of your help on this.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwill View Post
Is heavy whipping cream the same as heavy cream? Is it in the little pint size cartons?

Yes, heavy whipping cream is the same as heavy cream and is available in the market in little pint size cartons.

Im sorry, Im just not a good cook. I bought a low carb cookbook because I was looking for more ideas for things like quick lunches and fast dinners, but when I got the book, it was more focused on maintenence. So I will keep looking. I may have to make my own book from the recipe board. Thanks everyone for all of your help on this.
Try googling Linda's Low Carb...lots of great recipes and menu's with lots of recipes suitable for Induction.

All the best to you!!

Kim
Old 12-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

yup, its the same....but I just use 1/2 & 1/2 I dont like the heavy cream in my coffee. Since I dont drink very much coffee anymore, my carb count for it is ok.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:36 PM   #14  

I will check outs Lindas low carb. You know, I have had many questions, but not posted them because I didnt want to look like an idiot. But I need to start asking. I am almost 40 and don't know what any of these vegtables below are. Can anyone suggest their favorites on the list and how they prepare it. Maybe I can find some tonight.

daikon
arugula
endive
bok choy
escarole
fennel
radicchio
chicory
jicama
mâche
sorrel
Old 12-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Sorry, I haven't used anything on your list. I eat a lot of cauliflower, brocolli, squash, cabbage and green beans and brussell sprouts. Don't ever feel that you can't ask a question. We're all learning together and in this together.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote