View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #7

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I know this is a bit different, but my family still spends most of my holidays with my mother's sister even though my mother died when I was younger. So my father and stepmother, neither of who have blood ties to my aunt and uncle, are still very close to my mother's side of the family. I guess what I am trying to say is that relationships can be complicated and persist even when the original connection isn't there. I don't think it is necessarily bad that your BF continues to be friends with his ex and that his son has a relationship with her. Children don't always understand the machinations of adults and if the son has a good supportive relationship with the ex, why break that up because of romantic changes?

That said, I think it is really strange that you have been together for 2 years and he still hasn't really brought you into his life. I can understand that it might take awhile, but it seems like unless he has a REALLY good reason, it has been long enough. If he isn't ready to stand up to the world and say you are his GF, when will that happen? What exactly is he waiting for?

86 pounds down, now for the next bit - fourth short term goal (back to 100 down):