Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default What the heck!!!

I've been doing the Dr Phil Ultimate Weight Solutions plan for 6 days now. I weighed myself yesterday evening and I've dropped 4 or 5 lbs (hard to tell on my scale). I am eating around 1600 calories a day, NEVER hungry because of the foods I am eating, and I feel wonerfull. I am really happy with that drop so today I thought what the heck, I'll measure myself. So I measured myself and I am between .5 and 1 inch bigger in each body section!!

I went from being not active at all to working out between 10 and 15 minutes a day. 6 days ago I was eating the standard american diet consuming at LEAST 2500 calories a day (that was on a good day!).

Why I am I getting bigger measurement wise? I'm not distracted at all, I'm going to keep pluggin' away but it's a bit of a piss off.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

If you're not drinking water, it could be that you're bloated and your body is retaining water.

Try only measuring yourself once per week, since your body weight does tend to fluctuate throughout the week.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

well...it's a week later. how is the Dr. Phill diet thing going?? have you checked your measurements again?? any changes?? i'm sure the increase in body mass was just a fluke or you measured in a slightly different area. i usually try to only measure once a month because of that very reason.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Well I fell off...but I'm getting back on. My oldest son has had bad bad bad croup again and was diagnosed with asthma so it's been bad. Holding a 3 year old in 1 arm and a 1 year old in the other trying to prepare meals, convenience food was the best. But he is on the mend and DH is off work now for 5 days so I'm getting back on. I really feel horrrible now that I've been eating different so I'm looking forward to getting back on. Needless to say I haven't checked measurements again.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote