General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #1  

Thumbs up "Other aspects of life"-challenge?

What kind of challenges do you girls have right now? (other than weight loss ofcourse!)

For me its studies...I have been doing this job, some classes, housework, etc..etc.. so I have kept extending my exam dates a bit (well almost a year now! fortunately or unfortunately, I can change my exam dates as often as I want) But I HAVE to take one in Jan and another one within 3-4 months to get the burden off my shoulders once and for all. I am even thinking of giving weight loss a second priority for now...(i dont know)

The other challenges I am facing are improving DH's health. (He has type 2 DM and he is very young..recently heard of our friend who had DM and had a heart attack at 35...scares me to death!)

I could defintely give and take some motivation from anyone who is worried about more things than just weight loss...
Old 12-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #2  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

Well besides for my weight loss, this semester has been really hectic. I had to find an internship for next semester, I have been working on grad school applications, and I had to do research for several classes....argghh!! Now that that is all over, I just have to finish off my applications (there is A LOT of stuff to do for them) and now I have to start planning stuff for my wedding. On the down side, my dog may have cancer and I have been really upset with that on top of other family problems. These are many of the excuses I have used myself to let myself put my health to the side. I am sorry to hear about what is going on with you (although who is DM?). I think that you and I should not put our health to the side when things get tough because we need to be strong and healthy to handle them!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I have so many challenges in my everyday life. I think that is why I have been successful losing the weight...it is the only challenge that I can control at the moment. I have a very hectic job, three kids, a house to run, and no real help with any of it. I get really burned out trying to be everything to everyone. I'm sure that there are a lot of single moms out there that feel the same way though, so I really can't complain.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #4  

Hi collegebride: I meant Diabetes mellitus...LOL! but yes I agree that we cannot keep our weightloss on backtrack...I am so sorry to hear about your dog, that must be devastating! and yes, good luck with your applications (i know the paperwork is just 2 much) best wishes for your marriage. when are you getting married?
Hi mom2qjandt: I feel so proud of you just imagining how you can handle it all. Sometimes, u just cant keep everyone happy, I guess!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #5  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

I'm not getting married till June of 2008, I have been engaged since Dec 05, but we knew that we were going to have a long engagement going into it (because we are both is school). And to Mom7638476234, you make a good point, dieting is something that we can control. You are a good example to me, because I let myself gain weight and not exercise because I tell myself that I am too busy. I am getting a palm pilot and I will always be working the same hours at my internship next semester, so hopefully I will be able to keep my life a little more organized.
Closed Thread