Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Quiet in here....

*echo* *echo* *echo*

Isn't it? I think most of the threads that I read and would normally be on page 3 or 4 by this time of the week haven't even managed to scrape onto the second page!

I KNOW it's holidays, I KNOW we're all too busy stuffing our faces with carbohydrates and hydrogenated trans-fat goodies...

Just take a moment to put down that egg-nog, cookie, mince pie, 5lb box of choccies your boss gave you..... And post! Say hello! Confess your deepest darkest eating sins!

My eating sins - yesterday we had a Christmas buffet lunch which wasn't so bad in itself if I had managed to have a healthy dinner, but I took leftover mince pies home with me and ate them for dinner, and a sandwich, and cereal and chocolate. But today's a new day and I ate a healthy breakfast, a healthy snack and salmon and sugar-snaps for lunch I've even sneaked in a choccie or two Counted in the calories of course

Tonight I'm off to the gym for the first time in a week, I've had some nasty flu virus thingy but I'm back up and at 'em and I'll be doing the healthy thing right up until Christmas Day when I'm going to break out the Christmas pud and the mince pies

So come on! Post! Tell us the reasons it's so quiet round here! We don't mind if you haven't been "perfectly on plan" no-one's perfect all the time

:
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

It's probably quiet because most are struggling, JMHO! Wait 'till after the first of the year! It'll be chaos!!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Default Whoot! Thanks Jen.

Yeah I've been noticing it's kinda sorta quiet. Not as quiet as the lighten up thread - those posts haven't changed in um...weeks. Hehe... I like getting my daily joke fix and I haven't lately so I'm a little sad about that.

I'm TRYING to get on plan. As long as we're allowed to talk about meaningless things on here - I changed my signature so that it doesn't show my ticker. I'm not at 161 (I was a month ago- highlight of my YEAR!) anymore and no matter how much I've tried over the past month, it jumps around from 161 - 164. So what's my point? Well, I've given up looking at the scale (depressing to see ticker lower than my actual weight) and I'm trying to incorporate daily exercise with healthy eating habits. I bought a bag of spinach (fresh) and I tried out cottage cheese and I liked it (yay!) so I'm thinking of making spinach and cottage cheese a snack or something as it fills me up. Most importantly, I'm focusing on getting healthy, just like my signature says. No more beating myself up over the scale. I think my goals are good enough that I don't have to worry about the scale so much, as healthy eating (moderation, calorie counts, veggies) + exercise WILL bring my weight down and if it doesn't, at least my body's healthy and that's good enough.

You know what? Just kidding, I want my weight to go down. I think I'm on a christmas high or something.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

Mmmm spinach and cottage cheese - I bet that's almost as good as spinach and ricotta.. Then you could make a pseudo spinach and ricotta healthy pizza
Old 12-15-2006, 10:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I've had a bad week so far. Trying to get back on track.

The Good: I've journaled every bite I ate, all week.
The Bad: I follow WW flex plan, and I've used all my 35 flex points... and am at -84 points. -84!! Sheesh.

Looking at where it came from mostly, the culprits are:

1. Work Christmas party. I tried to eat light during the day, which backfired as dinner started very late, and the only thing to eat around the time I normally had dinner was cookies, cheese, nuts, etc. That was a 91 point day because of all the fatty foods especially.

2. Late night munching. Like last night. A 60 point day. And Monday, same thing, a 53 point day.

So I guess I could look at it as batting 50-50, I've done okay on half the day. Trying to get back on track.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

At least you're aware of what you're eating and you know where you went wrong - that's the first step to fixing it
Old 12-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Well, we have been pretty active on our daily commitments thread, please feel free to come and join us there!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...74#post1498374
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #8  
Strugle Daily Not 2 Fail

S/C/G: 294/294/160

Height: 5'9"

Well, I've just been lurking, hoping for some inspiration to get me through the struggles I've been having with food in the last couple of weeks! No such luck really So, I guess most are struggling as I am.

My MAIN problem is at work!! I though my last job was bad. BUT NO!!!! Here we get sooooooo much junk from our vendors, subs, etc that the main hallway (you HAVE to pass through at least a million times a day) is lined with tables that are loaded with all of the treat everyone sends to us! Talk about a VERY bad thing!! Try and try as I might it is just impossible to resist every time through. The grazing is killing me! Not to mention I swear I hear those damn choc. covered potato chips calling my name all the way at my desk! Does anyone else hear that? ....I better go see what they want... j/k LOL
Uphill_Battle_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

i'm finding i'm not planning enough snacks in my day...especially when i have to go to the gym. by the time i am out of the gym, i am STARVING. the good news is, so far, i have been pretty good at not totally pigging out if i stop off at the grocery store. but i may over do it at dinner a little. i need to eat more during the day, so by dinner time, i am not starving.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Totally sympathize with the toxic work environment and grazing. Mine used to be like. Then we just agreed to stop buying candy and such. There's still trail mix and goldfish crackers, but they're kept in the kitchen, away from the water cooler, so I can avoid them.

Before, though, baskets of miniature candy bars and tons of cookies in the break room was my huge downfall.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #11  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You all make me so glad i work from home! There are obvious benefits (doing dinner prep, dishes, and housecleaning on breaks/lunches), and then there are the less-obvious ones (no coworkers bringing food around, only healthy snack options in the house, no vending machines, etc.)

Of course, though the house does have healthy food, there is still the potential to eat too much of it. Still, its easier to resist than the cookies/snacks/munchies of coworkers!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Strangely I'm doing better than I normally do (actually lost weight for the first time in months) but work has gone mental so no time to post...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Besides the candy dish (which is only tempting because I brought in dark chocolate for it) my work is pretty healthy. We're a small office, and I bring my lunch and snacks daily except for Friday. Friday DH and I go to lunch together (today DS will join us as his school is out at noon). We have a fridge and we can keep whatever we need in there and no one messes with other people's food. It's great--almost like being at home! But then, there's this HUGE sleigh behind me filled with all sorts of chocolate things. I haven't unwrapped it--it's too pretty. But when we do, we'll probably haul it all out to the shop and let the guys eat it!

So, I've been eating pretty much on plan. It gets harder when it is cold out. I just can't imagine having a salad for dinner when I'm so cold! I've yet to try Amanda's recipe for the Magic White Bean and Sausage Soup (I printed it and have it at home--I'll shop for the ingredients this weekend and make up a batch). I love to cook, but haven't had much time lately. DD has a concert tonight, and it's harder to cook for just the three of us. And last night, after all my running around, we ended up ordering pizza (thin crust--not nearly as many calories!) We're going to a concert Saturday with my kids and in-laws and we'll go out to dinner beforehand (I'd better watch those margaritas!).

Monday I plan to start a regular cycle of exercise. The kids are out of school, so no schlepping them there, so I'll have an extra hour each morning! DD goes again for her driver's test on the 26th and as long as she passes this time, no more hour in the car each morning!!! DS gets dropped off on my way into work, so he isn't as much of a problem as she is (her school is in another district about 20 miles from home).

But you're right, Jen, it is quiet around here. I'm sure a lot of it is the holidays and all the shopping, decorating and preparation time involved with that. I still don't have a tree or any decorations up. Perhaps Sunday will give me a couple hours to get something up!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I agree that it has been very quiet here lately. I am still posting every day. My eating is poor right now. Haven't bothered to weigh, just don't want to face it yet. I'll weigh on my usual Sunday morning. Last night I went to dinner with DH. Ate fried fish, green beans, cottage cheese and peaches. When he had banana pudding, I had some too. I confess.

Today is a new day and I started with a bowl of Oats. So, I'm facing it and back on program now. I've made a pact with myself to stay on program every day and get at least some exercise. Christmas Day will be out of this pact. I know that I'm getting an elliptical for Christmas and I can't wait to have it. This treadmill gets boring sometimes.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

cookies, wine , sick son (no gym), major storm (comfort pre prepped foods please)

yeah, been a heck of a week!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote