South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Chat on the Beach - December 15

Wouldn't it be nice if we could sit down together with our coffee or tea and chat in real life. That's a lovely image!

My house is a disaster right now and I'm finding it discouraging. The back room furniture is in the kitchen and all the books are in boxes in the diningroom. I can't move! I don't cope well with chaos.

Poor Bill was pretty shaken up over Floyd's death and wasn't able to finish the painting yesterday. He'll be back this morning and Claire and Doug will come later to wrestle the furniture back in place. Then I can crank up the Christmas machine.

In the meantime, I've done Christmas letters, caught up on my accounting backlog and spent a lot of time chatting over coffee at the Long Horn which will be closing for six weeks at Christmas. That was going to kill social life in the village but the guy who runs an antiques and collectibles store has put in a coffee shop to take up some of the slack. Bob's Diner should be popular and will probably have a hunk of the LH business when they reopen in February.

I'm going to grab another coffee and soak in the tub for a while. The Girls are still at the kennel but I hope to get them this afternoon and start patching my life back to normal.

Try to find a little time to savour the joy of the season.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

That would be nice, Ruth, to be able to get together for coffee everyday is real life. It's easier for me to voice my thoughts and talk in person, rather than having to type the words. That's a shame that Bill's painting partner passed away so unexpectedly, I can understand Bill being so shaken by it. I hope your house gets put back into order today and life gets back to normal for you.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning, then have to rush to Audrey's school afterwards to catch the rest of her Christmas program and pick up Maggie. Cindy volunteered me to help the girls wrap their presents, and I hope to get them outside to play and enjoy this great weather we're having.

Better run for now. See ya later.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ladies!

I'm up and at em this morning. Took a nice hot shower this morning and got all cleaned up. Had my eggs and I'm ready to face the day! I've half way started back on Phase 1 again. I think the potatoes I made with my chicken breasts in herb sauce kind of took up that half.... but they were sooooo good! Otherwise I'm drinking my 8 glasses and snacking like I'm supposed to.

I'm so sorry I didn't get around to posting here yesterday. The challenge is starting to grow over on the TBL forum and we are up to 72 people wanting to participate (there's three Beachers participating too!!!) so I'm getting asked tons of questions and that's where I spend the majority of my day on here if not in PM's somewhere.

Yes Cottage, I did see the finale! I was flipping out over how much muscle he had gained. How those people lose all that weight so quickly without plastic surgery at the end it beyond me. I would think Erik would have a lot of extra skin all over.

Poor Ruth. I feel for you being all out of your element. Take a nice soak and forget about it!

Well I'm off to go check my PMs.... seems I have another one of someone weighing in. We are going to Marks and Morgan Jeweler's tonight since a buddy of ours knows a guy that can get us some nice discounts. I may end up with more sparklies!

Later Taters!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

It is possible to have coffee together. I use helloworld IM to see and talk to my friends live over the internet. Here is the link

http://www.digitalstreamteam.com/helloIM.htm
Hope that is helpful. Off to dinner with my DH

Two Peas
Closed Thread