Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 05:02 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#130

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:15 AM   #2  
American Chick!

Hi Ladies,
I tried to post the other day but it didn't show up---hope I can sneak in here this morning! It's early though, and now I can't remember half of what I read on the last thread.
Anyway, girls are doing wonderfully in the new school-all is well on that front. Little man is just ducky, too. Mama is stuck at 165-- Must be one of those nasty plateaus.....well, maybe next week I'll have a loss. We're going to Disney World this summer, and I would like to not be glared at when I go on the rides .
Mama, how are the bran muffins? I like those, but some of the recipes I have are very dry when they are baked. Maybe you and Tobey can post some good ones. Sorry your fishies are dying; we haven't lost any of the bettas...they seem very happy and healthy. But we did lose all the other fish we bought at WalMart last year. Hope you have some survivors!
JoJo, we love you, and we will be here when you need or want to talk. Take care of yourself!
MaryBeth, glad you came back! We missed you. My mom lives in a retirement apt. and she loves it. She's been there 7 years now,and has lots of buddies. There are 99 women and one fellow! Old Roscoe is a popular guy! He's much in demand. It's really nice, though--she's pretty much independent, but they do check on her once a day, and she can call if she gets sick or has an accident and the office people will come help her out. Plus she doesn't have to go anywhere for anything except groceries. They have a community room, and everything comes there--flu shots, church services, all sorts of stuff. It's very cozy. Did your husband's pants shrink too? Everyone's dryer must be running very hot lately!
Hi Tobey, and Skeeter, and everyone I missed--love you all, and I'll be back tomorrow if it will let me post!
Love, Sally
224/165/120ish
Old 01-16-2002, 08:34 AM   #3  

Good morning all

Not too much to report. It actually feels like winter out there today. We got a dusting of snow last night and the high for today is only 32. I don’t feel that great today either – got that nasty sore throat. I hope I can’t fight it off. I am have been looking forward to an 8K race this weekend but I am a bit worried. Not only do I feel like I’m coming down with something, I have a sore ankle. I have been babying it but I am not sure it will be up to snuff by Sunday. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Jojo: I am so sorry to hear that you received some awfully upsetting news. Take some time for yourself – you know that we will be right here waiting when you are ready.

Jen: I think the boards are starting to get back to normal. It “ate” one of my posts as well. You have been working like a dog lately. Have you gone to PT yet? Glad to hear that your days are healthy though!

Marlana: Hope all goes well at the doc’s today. I also feel like a pair brown shoes most days as well. Sometimes it bothers me – sometimes it doesn’t. Sorry to hear about your poor fishies. I still haven’t tried my bran muffins yet. However, I did pack one for my morning snack so I should know shortly. I also made a pureed tomato and lentil soup for lunch today. It is also very LF and high-fibre.

Sally: Glad to hear that the family seems well and the girls are enjoying their new school. I’m sure you will get over your plateau in another week or two. You seem to be doing everything right so I am sure it is just a matter of time. Disney World sounds like fun. Have the girls been before? If I like how my bran muffins turned out, I will try to post the recipe tonight. Last week I made some cranberry oatmeal muffins. They turned out wonderfully – very moist and tasty. DH loved them.

Well I think that’s all for now. Time to get cracking.

Have a good one!

Tobey
Old 01-16-2002, 02:45 PM   #4  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Congratulations to Me! I broke a 15-minute mile today! I know that doesn’t compare to Tobey but she runs and I walk. When I started I was doing a 20+ minute mile. It felt sooooo good!!!! Actually between my warm-up and cool-down I got 2.5 miles in at 37-minutes not bad if I say so myself!

Jo Jo, hang in there you know we are here if and when you need to vent.

Jen, can’t you put the phone on mute & let your machine pick up when you are sleeping? Hubby does that with the railroad to make sure he gets his 8-hours rest. When I’m home I’ll turn the phone off in the bedroom but if the railroad calls I say he’s not available. The FRA mandates 8 hours’ rest and the railroad is famous for calling before your 8 hours are up, and people wonder why there are so many accidents. Hang in their sounds like your doing well otherwise. Have you started back to school yet?

Sally, if I didn’t get glared @ last March in Disney World you won’t have any problem this summer. Besides your doing great! I bet you’ll break this plateau this week…when I want to break one I try and eat fish at least 5 times during the week. Not sure why but it seems to work. Glad to hear the girls are adjusting well to the new school, I just knew they would!

Marlana, hope all went well with the doctor today. Sorry your betas are not doing well. When I was thinking about another, I thought the ones at Wal-Mart didn’t look all that healthy. Do you have a Pets Mart near you, theirs look better to me.

Tobey, that cranberry oatmeal muffin recipe sounds great, 2 of my favorite ingredients. Could you post that also? Hey, if you've got a bum ankle and are feeling under the weather I vote for skipping the marathon on Sunday…unless you want next week off

Well need to get some work done, I was a bad girl this morning and was working on my resume rather than real work Take care everyone and we'll take to you later...
Marybeth
241/287/160
Old 01-16-2002, 08:17 PM   #5  

Good evening gals. I finally crawled out of bed. I am still soooo pooped out. My hip hurt so bad while I was asleep that somehow I put it into my dream. Maybe I'm not as young as I thought I still was. We got about an inch of snow today. Not even enough to cover the grass, but I shoveled the sidewalk anyway. That was as much exercise as I'm getting today. My mom called. She's coming back tomorrow. I was really hoping to get one more day off to myself, but not the way this week is going.

Marlana- I'm definately the old brown shoes today. But ya know, sometimes the old brown shoes are alot more comfortable than a stuffy tux. I took a shower and put my jammies back on. I'm gonna watch a movie, and then go back to bed. I'm sorry about all your sicky fishies. You should talk to your doc about the coughing. It is a common side effect, but if it disrupts your life, it's no good.

Sally- Disney World sounds like a blast. I'm trying to figure out if I want to take a trip this summer. My original plans were to fly to Hawaii next winter, but probably not now with all the airline delays. I'll have to see what I feel like.

Tobey- We finally got our winter too. I'm sort of looking forward to going for a run tomorrow with the little bit of snow we got today. Something different. Take care of yourself until Sunday. Hopefully you'll make it to the race in good shape. I start my PT schedule Sunday, even though I've already picked up a couple extra short shifts each week. At least it was my choice.

Marybeth- Congrats on your time! You should be proud of yourself. That's a good pace for a walk. I honestly don't think that I run much faster than that! I turned my phone off yesterday, but the machine doesn't mute, just really low. I just unplugged it from the wall today. I go back to school on the 23rd. Then I go back to my "don't bother to call me to work, I can't do it" policy!

Jojo- Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

I guess that's about all for now. I'm gonna go veg out on the couch and put my feet up for awhile before I go back to bed.

Jen
Old 01-17-2002, 12:02 AM   #6  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey everyone.

This is what I wrote on Monday: I decided to try to write a brief note while waiting on my parents to get here. The house is spotless and the new big screen TV is wonderful. They forgot to bring the DVD player with it so we will have to make a trip back to town for that. It is raining today and is supposed to all day and maybe some tomorrow. We need it so bad that I won't complain about it. Besides, we need an excuse to sit in front of this TV all day. It might also be a good time to make that trip to town. Then we can spend Wednesday and Thursday fishing. My mom and dad like to fish too. I am sure looking forward to having someone to fish with. I might be kind of scarce here for the next few days. I'll be thinking of y'all even if I don't make it on here. Y'all take care and I'll check in when I get a chance.

I have no idea why my post disappeared. I checked it before I turned this thing off on Monday but it was gone when I finally got in here today. I have been having a good visit with my parents but not very many free moments. We seem to go at a fast pace from the time that we get out of bed until after midnight every day. We even got in a 2 mile walk this morning before we went fishing. We also fished yesterday and had a lot of fun. I have had a lot of fish to clean. It's funny that I seemed to be the only one that knew how to clean the fish both days. I remember my mother taking me fishing when I was little and now I am baiting her hook and even throwing her line in for her. My mom is a very young 68 but has learned the art of acting helpless to get my dad and everyone else to do the things that she finds unpleasant like baiting the hook and casting the line out. Now I have a huge mess of fish that I will have to cook on Saturday. The past two evenings have been spent watching long movies on the new TV. I bought Pearl Harbor and Gone With the Wind when we went back to the store on Monday night and picked up the DVD player that wasn't delivered with the TV. The bad thing was not having a chance to read the instructions for the DVD player before we started. It was like the 4 stooges here the past two nights. I wish that I had the time to write to each of you but I am getting so sleepy. Tonight was an early to bed night for us and it is almost midnight. I wanted to write a quick note to let you know that I will be back soon. Mom and Dad will be here thru next Monday. Y'all take care.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:30 AM   #7  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies!
How're you all doing? I'm okay; same old same old around here....but that's good sometimes I guess. My ex has been strangely cooperative lately---makes me very suspicious. I keep waiting for the ax to fall. I think it's because he has til the end of the week to answer my papers, and he probably has written out this long treatise telling the court what a horrible mother/person/human being I am, and he's feeling very smug. Well, let the games begin! Enough of that! Sorry, I get carried away with my complaining.
Skeeter, enjoy the parents! What fun, and with a new TV, too. Pearl Harbor is very good, I thought. We bought it recently, and I thought after the Sept. events, it wouldn't be as dramatic to me now, but it was very, very touching. Have fun and come back and tell us all about it.
Mama, how're the fish today? Hope no one else got flushed.
MaryBeth, what a good walker you are! Congratulations to you too! You are the Speeding Zilla lately. I haven't ever gotten faster than about 18 min./mile when I walk. My treadmill and I have gotten reacquainted within the last two weeks, so maybe I can catch up with you!
Tobey, hope you don't get a full-blown cold, especially since you want to do a race this weekend. Feel better! I'm glad your teeth are almost done, too. That wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be, I'm sure.
Jen, did you get your rest? I had a nightmare last night, but it wasn't about my hip....I dreamed that I wrote all the checks out for the bills and when I went to mail them, they didn't match. (This really is a HORRIBLE nightmare for an accountant, now, don't minimize it.) I told Jeff about it this morning---he seemed to think it was rather amusing, but I was just horrified. Humph. Hawaii sounds wonderful--I would go for that, even though it may take a little longer to get there! That's one of my future vacation dreams....and we've never been on a cruise either...and I want to go to Scotland, since my grandparents are from there, and Jeff wants to go to Sweden, since his grandparents were born there. Hmmm.....this may take some money!
Take care everyone, and I'll talk at you all on the morrow.
Love, Sally
Old 01-17-2002, 06:36 AM   #8  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning all you brown shoes out there~~I'm stressed this morning Ladies. First of all when I got up my blood pressure was 177/97. What the heck is going on??? I went to the doctor and he changed my morning meds. The one I was taking caused me to have such a hacking cough. He seems to thank now that since if I take a nap in the daytime my blood pressure goes up then too, that I might have Sleep Apnea...that isn't spelled right I'm sure. I've been taking my blood pressure since Oct about 4 times a day, I'm sort of tired of that. Once again it comes down to the fact that I need to lose weight and I need to do it now and stop messing around with it. I've been messing around for 35 years. If you don't watch out, you'll find yourself in that same boat in a few years. Yes!!!! Thats a warning. It's a big order for me, but I got to do it. It's an obsession, an addiction, and that is hard to deal with. I'm also stressed over my fish. They are dying like flies. I just deleted a whole bunch of crap about my fish, but decided that you guys wasn't interested in things on fish. As soon as I'm through writing to you all I'm on my way shopping, I want to get it over before people get there.
Jen~~I know how you feel about your Mom coming before your ready. Sometimes a person just needs some time to themselves. The cough was disrupting my life for sure. He changed the meds, but I'm staying on what I'm on until I use what I've got on hand, it cost too much to through away.

Tobey~~Oh my gosh...sounds like your turn for the old bad cold. I hope you don't have the flu. There has been several cases of it here. A sore ankle too. Now don't fall apart on us girlfriend, your in better shape than any of us. My fingers are crossed, and my eyes too. How was the brand muffin? Do you use applesauce in place of oil? I've heard that makes things more moist.

Marybeth~~Congratulations is in order for you girl, you are doing so good with your program, soon you'll be right there with Tobey. I won't be buying anymore fish from Walmart, I thank some of my problems came from the fish that come from Walmart. You keep that exercise up girl, I'm proud of you.

Skeeter~~Welcome to the world of feeling like your crazy. Of course it's not just a feeling for me. I wrote to you, Tobey, Jen and Jo Jo and all your post took a dive. The board was messed up and some post was lost. When I went back in and the post was gone, I thought these darn fish had put me over the edge, which they are doing. I'm glad your having such a nice time with your folks. Wish I was there to go fishing with you. Would you bate my hook too, and throw it out too???? After taking care of these I have I'm ready to put a hook in one so I could be in charge. Right now they are running the show. I miss you in here girl.

Sally~~I would like to be where you are with my weight I would be 2 pounds below my goal. Don't give up, you'll start losing again. I'm so glad your girls are doing well in school. If they weren't your X could say I told you so. The brand muffins I made are very good. They aren't dry because they have lots of butter in them. I have to stop eating them, and leave them for hubby. My Bettas are doing good, it's the ones in the tank.

I'm out of here!!! Jo Jo thanking of you today. Have a good one everyone.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:38 AM   #9  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Sally...you beat me in this morning, I've been doctoring fish in between words. I'll answer this mornings post tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:26 AM   #10  

Good morning all

Well I thought winter was on its way but it feels like fall again. Its rainy and very mild out. I can’t believe it is past the middle of January and I still haven’t worn a pair of boots one yet! Fine by me. I am also happy to report that I have beat the cold bug! It is so amazing as I used to be sick all of the time but since I have turned my life around, my health has totally changed! It is really amazing. However, my ankle is still sore. I haven’t run at all this week. Instead I have been cross training on an elliptical trainer and am going to bike today. I want to use those same muscles but don’t want any impact. I probably won’t know whether I’ll be able to race until Sunday morning. I’m just taking it easy until then.

Mb: Congrats on the speed record. In racing that’s called a PB – personal best. Very exciting. One of the things that I learned early on in running is never to compare yourself with others – it will just drive you crazy and you will probably end up hurting yourself. You always just run your own race – do your own pace and that way you always win. I know how exciting it is when you are able to go to the next level. It just feels soooo darn good. Again – congrats!! I will try and post the recipe for the cranberry oatmeal muffins when I get home tonight.

Jen: Ouch your poor hip. Funny how those things work their way into our dreams. If I am thirsty or have to pee really bad, I end up dreaming about that. I think running is the snow is funny – as long as it isn’t too icy. Thick, sticky snow is the best. I hope I am okay for Sunday, it is supposed to be above freezing and be sunny! Perfect running weather. It must be great going PT now. Gives you that extra freedom, even if you end up picking extra shifts. Are taking any classes this semester?

Skeeter: I did happen to see your original post before it mysteriously vanished with some others and mine. Your visit sounds wonderful. I know when I come back from visiting my mom, I am exhausted. It is go, go, go! This summer when I go to visit we are going on a canoeing/camping trip. We are going to canoe out to this island and pitch a tent. In fact mom got me a sleep bag for my birthday. Can you tell she is excited already? Can I come over and kick back in your new recliner, in front of the new big screen? I’ll bring my own DVDs. I’ll even make the popcorn. Hope you enjoy the rest of the time with your folks.

Sally: I wouldn’t trust your ex either. Seems like nothing but trouble. But from everything you have told us, I’m sure you won’t have any trouble once “the games begin”. You know we are your cheering/support section. You are right – going and having all this work done to my teeth is no where near as bad as what I feared. I am also very lucky to have such a super dentist. Do you know she personally called me at home after I had just the one filling just to make sure every thing was okay?! Although I do have to admit that I am worried about getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

Marlana: Didn’t someone’s hubby on the board have sleep apnoea? Was it Jojo or Skeeter? That seems like such a scary thing to me. Are you going to be tested for it? I wouldn’t edit out your fish stories. I like to hear about them – although I feel so bad that they are having such a rough go. If I can go on and on about running – you should be able to go on and on about your fishies. Good or bad news. The bran muffins turned out really well. Dh loved them too. So I will try to post the recipe tonight along with the one MB requested. I do use applesauce a fair amount in baking to replace fat but not this. If you can believe it, the secret ingredient is a jar of prune baby food! Sound bizarre but it really works.

Well time to get down to some work.

Tobey
Old 01-17-2002, 06:00 PM   #11  

Default Bran Muffin

Here is the bran muffin recipe that I promised to post. I still have to enter in the cranberry oatmeal muffin. Hopefully I'll have that done later tonight.

Tobey

Bran Muffins

12 Servings

4 1/2 ounces prune baby food
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup egg whites
1 cup skim milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups wheat bran
1/2 cup raisins, (optional)

Blend baby food and sugar together. Add eggs whites and beat together well. Add milk and then bran. Combine flour, baking poweder, and baking soda together. Add to liquid ingredients. Add raisins, if desired (this will add about 20 more calories per serving). Place in prepared muffin tins and bake at 400 for 18 - 20 minutes.

Amount Per Serving
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 5
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 5% Protein 19% Carb. 76%

Nutrient Amount per Serving % DailyValue
Total Fat 1 g 1%
Saturated Fat 0 g 1%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 167 mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 18 g 6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 4 g

Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
Old 01-18-2002, 09:08 AM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Red face

Good Morning~~I'm afraid that I give in to going back to bed this morning. But I don't feel to bad because of it. Not a darn thing going on at my house today except cleaning and baking. I'm going to bake muffins, ones for hubby and myself from Tobey's recipe. Fish are still driving me nuts. I'm down to 3 females and one male guppy. If you want to know the truth I wish they would hurry up and kick off. I lost two babies yesterday but the others are fine so for.

Sally~~It is strange to post and then it disappears into cyber space. Some others posts was gone too. I know I read them and then when I come back in to post again, the darn things was gone, and I thought I was losing it. Girl you shouldn't complain about the X, your lucky he is your X. He's just a little thorn in your side. I'm busy flushing fish all the time, sometimes it's mercy killing. I hope I don't get throwed into jail for it.

Tobey~~Winter is on it's way back here . Snow tonight...yuck...We don't need that. But then the weather man likes to tell us that in hopes to keep us tuned in, and it works. Your health is better because your eating right now. I bet like most of us overeaters, you used to eat junk food. My fish stories are not pretty right now. The problem is I started out not knowing doolely about tropical fish. I thought just drop them in the water and feed them and they will be pretty to watch. Not hardly!!! and a bunch of those other lil faces. There is a lot of things to be done and to watch for. I'm learning, but at the lil fishes expense. Sorry you can't run yet, but at least you not just setting still. I'm going to bake your muffins today, only I don't have baby food prunes. I do have some prunes so I will run them through the food processor and see if that will work. I bought groceries yesterday and I just didn't have baby prunes on my list. Next time I'll have them.
Going to run now and feed what fish I have left. Jen missed you in here this morning. Skeeter your input is missed too. Also missing all who hasn't posted lately.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:47 AM   #13  

Good Morning!

Wow the board is really quiet. I hope everyone is doing okay. I’m really tired this morning. I had a terrible sleep last night. I kept waking up all-night and then when I fell back to sleep I would start having these really silly dreams. So I decided to come in work late this morning. After the alarm went off, I snuggled up to dh in the nice warm bed and stayed there for an extra 45 minutes. I also thought I would treat myself to a very casual day and decided to wear jeans today.

Marlana: Guess I shouldn’t complain about being tired to you! I don’t blame you for going back to bed. I can’t believe that winter seems to be hitting you guys before us. It makes everyone very nervous. We keep expecting to wake up under 10 feet of snow with –30 temps! There are 2 things that changed my health. The first was moving away from home. My mom was a very heavy smoker and I went through childhood asthma, bronchitis, etc… Then the next was, as you have already guessed, changing how I eat and exercising. Yep I did junk food. My favourite food used to be French fries! I just couldn’t get enough of them. Now I can’t stand the feel of them in my mouth. It is funny how you adjust. Just as I can’t stand potato chips now and I used to live on them before. I think most people think that you just plop the fish into the bowl and watch then swim around. I have heard that there is a real art to keep them around – especially tropical fish, which are especially delicate. I guess you are just going through a learning curve. Hope that you are still enjoying them though. I won’t lie – it has been very frustrating not being able to run. I have become very passionate (a nice word for obsessed?) about it. It is depressing sitting on a boring bike and watching every giving it their all on the treadmills. But I know that if I don’t take it easy, I will just make it even worse and possible end my chances of ever running. So today I packed my book and I am going read my bike time away. Hope you like the muffins. A word though – if you don’t have the baby food and want to make your own prune puree you will need to add water to the prunes. The ratio is about 4oz of prunes to 3 Tbs of hot water. For the recipe you need about ½ cup of this puree. Hope it turns out for you. I am to lazy to do this, so I just keep some baby food on hand for when I feel like making things spur of the moment.

Well before I run, I will post the oatmeal cranberry muffin recipe as promised.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I will try to check in – I have been very about that lately!

Tobey

Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins

12 Servings

Batter
1 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cranberries
1 cup skim milk
2 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

Topping
1 tablespoon oatmeal
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine first 5 ingredients. Mix in cranberries. Combine milk, egg whites, and applesauce, stir into dry mixture. Put into 12 prepared muffin cups.

Topping: Mix oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of muffins and press in lightly. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan to cool.

Amount Per Serving
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 11
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 7% Protein 15% Carb. 77%

Nutrient Amount per Serving % Daily Value
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 1%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 98 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 28 g 9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 3%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g

Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 8%
Old 01-18-2002, 11:58 AM   #14  

Good morning gals. Or is it? Mom is back. I am so not ready to put up with her. It sounds petty, but she's so annoying. I feel so tired and crabby today. I'm sure it's only going to get better, I have to go to work. I can't wait for summer again. At least then I can go outside and be alone. Mom doesn't like the heat. I guess I'm not going to post much today. I'm in a mood today and don't want to bring you guys down.

Jen
Old 01-18-2002, 02:59 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone

Hope your week has gone well. I'm just happy for Friday to get here. Now I'm off till Tuesday.

I'm doing a little better than I was the other day. When something major happens, I just need time to shut down for awhile and think or sometimes not think. The major thing that happened was my husband was laid off from his job. Luckily he will be able to draw unemployment but its still going to be a drop in the money we bring home each pay. We'll just have to get by on less and hope and pray something else comes along soon.

My work week has been busy. Still cleaning up the end of the year stuff, getting started on the new years work. Some things I cant do till I finish last years work so I'll be behind for awhile. But I always get caught up so I try to not worry about that.

Jen, sorry you are having a bad day. I think its very hard for a mom & daughter to live together. Even tho I would of done it if it came to that, I'd of let my mom move in with me but I know it wouldn't of been a picnic. My mom and I were fine as long as we werent around each other for to long at a time. They just can't seem to turn off the mom thing. Hope your day turns out better.

Tobey, I didn't sleep very well last night either. Just couldn't turn the ole brain off. We need an on-off switch for our brains for when we just don't want to think anymore. I hope you are having a good day to. Oh, the recipe sounds really good. I love cranberry muffins.

Marlana, what happened to all your fishies? Last time I knew you had 34 guppies. My mil has sleep apnea and has to use an apap machine that blows air into her nose when she is sleeping. It takes time to get used to it but she gets alot more rest than she used to. She used to fall asleep just sitting at the table doing something, I've even seen her fall asleep standing up. Did your dr suggest a sleep study test? Thats really how they diagnose it. Me, I dont think I could fall asleep if I knew I was being studied, unless I was drugged and they don't drug you for that.

Skeeter, I hope things are going well with your mom. Check in when you can. How long is she staying?

Sally, I was wondering how it was going with the ex. I hope nothing unexpected happens with him but it sounds like you never know with him.

Marybeth, its good to see you again. I hope you had a good week.

Well, I'd better get going now. Take care everyone.
Closed Thread