The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default Has anyone here submitted an audition tape for the show?

They're calling for casting next season again and I just wondered if anyone here has ever sent in an audition video for consideration? If so, what was it like and how far did you get in the process? There are a few folks on the network boards for TBL who have, but that forum is a little wilder and more disrespectful than I care to sort thru.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #2  

I met a guy @ the BCB Forum who did. I have him on my myspace friends list and he's an awesome dude and totally inspires me. http://www.myspace.com/jwb57nashville

Last edited by PinkDiva; 12-13-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #3  

what's the bcb forum?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  

It's called Bootcamp Buddies. They are a WW support group, and I actually found the link to here from there, but it wasn't for me. They are VERY strict and hard nosed over there. They are also clickish (sp) and if you aren't in the "In" group, you basically go ignored and unnoticed, unless ya screw up, then it's on. If ya screw up, and we all do, they jump down your thought and spout that it's NOT the BCB philosophy crap and I just hated it. Rather than help me or offer any kind of emotional support, I'd get upset at their rudeness and lack of empathy and eat. The kicker for me was when I posted about emotional eating and how I was having trouble with it, I got jumped on, but when a regular posted a few days later, she got ALL kinds of sympathy and was patted on the back. That pissed me off.
3FC is SOOOOOO much better. I love this place.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #5  

Thanks for the link to the Nashville guy, he seems really nice, and I enjoyed visiting his site. With all those shots he has from the cast, was he actually ON season 2 himself? I was wondering how he got all those photos of him with the cast members otherwise.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #6  

I'm not sure if he was on season 2 or not. This is my 1st yr watching to show, so you'd have to contact him. I don't know if you need a profile on myspace to send him a message, but I went and found his profile @ BCB. Hope this helps. http://www.***************.net/forum...er.php?u=38198
Old 12-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #7  

I looked at that guy's website, and no, he was not on season 2.

FYI, and interesing bit of trivia. That Bootcamp Buddies group actually started here on 3FC but moved to their own site.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #8  

Hmmmmmm.

Last edited by PinkDiva; 12-13-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDiva View Post
I met a guy @ the BCB Forum who did. I have him on my myspace friends list and he's an awesome dude and totally inspires me. http://www.myspace.com/jwb57nashville
Wow, I just saw John, the guy from Myspace & BCB on TBL show! He's a friend of Eric's and the showed him as someone Eric has inspirered!!! That's cool!

Last edited by PinkDiva; 12-14-2006 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #10  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I just saw that too! (I dvr'd it!)

I was pointing at the tv saying "Hey that guy from the website"

Small freaking world eh?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Hi John is a friend of mine, from MySpace first but we started talking on the phone & he is absolutely incredible! Tonight's finale was SUCH an inspiration to me...and I second PinkDiva's emotion when it comes to John -- DEFINITELY check out his profile and be inspired (I'm on his weight loss slide show too so look for Paula on there ) As for him being on the show, I think he would be cool with me sharing that at his high weight of 560, he was too heavy to participate...and after losing so much weight on his own the producers felt that he was already "on his way" so to speak. I told him he was lucky, because the other players would have picked him off first chance since he would be such major competition! Selfishly, I'm glad he didn't make it so that I could have this chance to get to know him. He will be in the audience of the Ellen show airing Friday -- she was his inspiration to get up & get moving and now he will be dancing with her on Friday's show (taping tomorrow)!

Last edited by OnePerDecade; 12-13-2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: I don't know when to shut up
Old 12-14-2006, 06:07 AM   #12  

I'll look for him on Ellen. I love reading his blog on myspace. He is so sweet and so awesome and I think he's cute too. Love that sparkle in his eye! He's a special fella that's for sure. I'd love to see him on the show, but I see he is doing it on his own and such an inspiration. He so rawks!

BTW! I am sooooooo glad Eric won! He looked amazing! Like a totally different person. Wiley and Brian too! I think it's gone to Kai's head so I'm glad she didn't win.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #13  
banned

wow that guy is the guy you guys mean? cool! eric is from west islip, li, ny and im from li ny too so im stoked!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #14  

This has been edited for the lurkers to see'my side" of this:
Hello,
I went lurking over @ BCB today and what before my eyes did appear? Why it was a nice little thread was posted about my bad experience with BCB.

I am not at all "Thin-skinned". I come from an abusive childhood and even fell into an abusive marriage that thankfully I am out of and have survived MUCH in my life. I am a VERY stronge and thick skinned survivor.

I had been a member over there for several months and yes at times I did like the toughness and I did meet some very nice peeps over there, but at a time when I was really down and need some support I was RUDELY jumped on by a couple of oldtimers over there and it DID make me feel worse. It totally did NOTHING for my journey. Do I need warm and fuzzy? At times, YES I do. Also at times I need the tough love, but I like getting it from peeps I know and who I know LOVE me, hince the LOVE part in toughLOVE. Get it? got it? good.

I wish you much luck and success in your weightloss and life goals. Happy Holidays!

Last edited by PinkDiva; 12-15-2006 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Because this was resolved in pm, but wanted BCB lurkers to see "my side" of things...
Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/254.5/155

Height: 5'6''

I'm not sure if I want to or not. Part of me would LOVE to do it, but part of me doesn't want to be away from home for that long. I'm getting married in June...so it also can't interfere with that...

Anyone know when the 4th season will actually be taped? Not aired, but taped at the ranch? Like March?

Last edited by emily445455; 12-14-2006 at 11:41 PM.