South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #1  
Failure is not an OPTION!

S/C/G: 276/187/145

Height: 5'6

Default IM HUNGRY!!!! (or atleast I think I am

So my trainer put me on the South beach I am on Day two of Phase 1 and I feel like im starving. Well not really i just have that feeling of urge to eat like momements before actuall hunger sets in. AM I GOING THROUGH A CARB WITHDRAWL, if so im super duper tempted to go eat a bagel. Im sick of proteins and salad is not filling. Any suggestions. I think I a going to go to sleep and see if the hunger goes away.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Have you read the revised Phase I Food list in here? You can have dairy and legumes and that will help the hungries. If you are exercising a lot, your body needs carbs! This is not a low carb but a good carb plan. Stick with it - it gets better.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #3  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I was very hungry on the 4th day. I ate lots of protien just to get me through that day. The good news is that feeling did wear off. After day 4 I was okay and made it through the 2 weeks (lost 11 lbs.)

I am in phase II now and for the most part I do okay. You will be there soon too so don't give up. I started SB the last week of Oct. I have lost more weight but my scale is broken so I cannot wiegh myself. When I find out how much I will update my avitar.

I encourage you to stay strong. It will be so worth it.
TwoPeasInAPod
Old 12-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Love, you're not supposed to be hungry. If you're hungry, eat! Just stick with the food list. Like Ruth says, you do need to eat the good carbs allowed in Phase 1 to help deal with the carb cravings. Try beans, legumes, bell peppers, tomatoes, and dairy (especially milk and yogurt, which are processed as carbs). Combine them with protein to keep you full longer. Make sure you're aiming for 4 1/2 cups of veggies a day. Salads often don't contain a lot of veggies...try looking in the FAQ in the veggie thread for lots of info on what veggies have the most nutrients.

When I'm hungry and trying to decide if it's head hunger or true hunger, I often tell myself that I can have some veggies. If I'm truly hungry, I'll jump at the chance. If I think, "No...I just really want (fill in the blank with a carb, like a bagel)," then I know that it's just head hunger/cravings.

Good luck! Glad to have you with us!
Closed Thread