View Poll Results: When would be your best time to join in on a chat?
4:00-6:00 CENTRAL time--on a week day 1 11.11%
7:30-9:00 CENTRAL time--on a week day 2 22.22%
any time on the week-end (sat-sun) 2 22.22%
I don't know; my schedule is hit-or-miss 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #1  

Talking Home of the Loozing Floozies (#05)

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:04 AM   #2  

Arrow

Linda

and

Angie (thank you for keeping Shelley company on the exercise thread!!)

Old 12-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Actually, mornings and early afternoons are best for me chat-wise. But if I'm around and hear the call, I'll be there!!!

Had an interesting morning.....DS got sick during the night and decided to use the sink rather than the toilet......dear ol' Mom gets to clean it up and unstop the sink (including cleaning the P-trap). That rather spoiled my appetite for breakfast. Then he announces that there is a dead bird outside my window, so we have to go take care of that. That really did me in for not getting breakfast--I was out of time at this point! So I sit her STARVING at work. I did bring extra food as I knew I'd get hungry. I'm about to break out the carrots and snap peas to get me through til my morning snack.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #4  

gayle, there is a really nice tribute to James Kim on the CNET website. He was a senior editor there and his coworkers put together a video tribute to him when they heard he had died. It is tragic. Apparantly he had walked over 8 miles, but was found within half a mile of the car.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/232/130

Height: 5'3"

hi everybody. I just finished up riding my stationary bike for 30minutes. I am so proud of myself to finally have gotten off my (sizable) rear end.
I couldn't do it without everyone here to keep me motivated. Otherwise I would just lose interest and give up.
I am so glad I found you.

angie
Old 12-08-2006, 05:46 AM   #6  

WTG, Angie!! Keep it up!

Allison-What a morning you had. Hope your day got better.

Hey, my best time to chat would be 5:00AM EST. Any takers?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

My best time to chat is in the evening. Some evenings I do have things going on, Monday's I teach till 9PM, so by the time I get home, I am exhausted and fall straight to bed.

Taking another day off, I am feeling pretty crappy. Have a stuffed up head, and ears are so clogged. I sound pretty bad when I talk! So today, I am spending it on the couch!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #8  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Angie!

Shelley, 5:00 AM? Don't plan on me being there! My schedule is hit and miss, but if you set a date and time for chat I will try to be there!

Gayle ~ My heart breaks for the Kim family too.

Allison ~ I hope your day starts better today than it did yesterday!

I'm spending the day Christmas shopping! Tim is in Philly until Sunday, so it's a good time to get it done! Have a good day everyone!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Shelley, sweetie, I would even give up an hour or so of sleep just to chat with you! LOL!

I can chat evenings or EARLY mornings, weekends are hit and miss. Would a weekend afternoon work for everyone?

GOTTA GO! See ya all later! SMOOCHIES!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #10  

Weekends just don't work for me. I rarely get on line cuz I've got so much to do. This Saturday I'm volunteering all day at the high school. They are hosting a band tournament field show and we (the band booster parents) sell trinkets, cookies, and lunch (usually burgers) which we have to cook as well. It's a big day and usually brings in a lot of money for the band. They need it this year, they are taking the kids (almost 160 of them) to China in July for the Bejing Music Olympics. Tonight I'm baking more cookies (4 dozen brownies last night and I didn't taste one!!!).

My morning was much better this morning other than having a slight headache (my fault--2 glasses of wine ) and a bad hair day.

Today I get to go to the bank for a cashier's check and then to the escrow company to drop it off so we can close on that RV spot for my in laws to live on while they are here 6 months out of the year. It weird to think we spent so much money for a driveway and a little strip of lawn!!! DH thinks it's a good investment, though. The RV resort has been there forever and lots that do go up for sale sell pretty quickly. I imagine we'll hold onto it for many years, so as long as the price goes up by the time we're ready to sell, we'll be fine. But the HOA dues are like $350 a month.....but then, by that time, we'll probably be ready to sell our house and move into an RV!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:35 AM   #11  

Welcome, Diane!

Gayle-You are so sweet! How is mom?

Suzie-Did you get your shopping done? I'm going out today and brave the malls. Mom and I have a 2PM hair appt, so we'll go before and after. First I have to get out for a cold run. It is windy and cold here (at least to us Floridians.)

Debi-I hope you feel better today.

Allison-Yep. That does seem awfully expensive for some dirt, but then again, everything is!

Linda-How's it going?

Angie-Up for any exercise today?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:17 AM   #12  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Shelley ~ I'm going to the other mall today and I'm hoping that this trip will finish my mall shopping. After that I should just have to make a trip to Walmart for little things and stop a few other places in town for gift cards.

Allison ~ I hope you have a good day today! I remember those booster club and classroom mom days...I'm glad mine are over!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/230/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi, ladies...sorry I've been AWOL. This has been one busy week. Next week will be the same, I'm afraid. This weekend I have to give the house a good cleaning/straightening/etc...because next Sat. morning I'm having it appraised. I'm refinancing to take advantage of the low rates out there. Next week is my last week of physical therapy (I think) for my tennis elbow. It's finally showing signs of improvement. But I hate not being able to do any upper body strength work - and I hate not being able to bowl!

I haven't been exercising like I should - in any capacity. Having these early-morning PT sessions has really messed up my schedule. I like to get my exercise done first thing, because I'm too busy/tired when I get home from work. Boy, I have all kinds of excuses, don't I? The PT sessions are held at a fitness facility and when I walk in I see all these people working out and it makes me want to join, but I really don't want to spend the money. Maybe I should try it for a month to see if I like it. One thing I'm seriously considering is some sessions with a personal trainer - to get me started on the right foot. I think I need someone to push me - even if I have to pay him to do it. Well, that will have to wait until I get cleared by my physical therapist, so maybe by the first of the year.

I'm not going to the mall this year. Did most of my shopping online. Then, when I go down to Texas on the 22nd, I'll probably do a little last minute shopping for DGD and DSIL.

I'll try to be here more often. It's just crazy busy this time of year. Have a good weekend, everyone.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/232/130

Height: 5'3"

[
Angie-Up for any exercise today?[/QUOTE]

I walked for about 40 minutes saturday.
used my elpitical machine 30 minutes today.

thanks for thinking of me.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #15  

Okay Floozies, keep your fingers crossed for DD to pass her drivers test this afternoon. Her appointment is at 3:30, but now I have to take her there 2 hours earlier because she lost her permit this weekend and has to replace it before her driving test.

We had quite the weekend. All day at the music tournament which included a lot of driving because we got there and DD forgot part of her uniform, so I had to go back home to get it. (Have I mentioned how much I want her to get her license???)

We got our new washer and dryer early Sunday morning (because of waiting for the delivery, I didn't get out for my Sunday walk--looking forward to being able to work out in the morning if I don't have to drive DD to school). I actually got a little Christmas shopping done as well!

Now we're just waiting for DD's car to come in and figure out how to pay for it.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread